Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5121
View in linear mode

Subject: "cam sensor pinout/wiring" Previous topic | Next topic
streetlightningJan-05-11 12:14 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5121, "cam sensor pinout/wiring"

Im re wring my cam sensor to ms..its got 3 wires. Yellow , blue with ted stripe and black/green. Black green is ground..which wire is 5v supply and which one is signal? I was looking at fsm,, and i think, if im reading it right the blue red is 5v ? Thx

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Jan-05-11 12:25 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5122, "RE: cam sensor pinout/wiring"
In response to Reply # 0

No. It is an 8 volt input by stock ecu. Yellow wire.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

streetlightningJan-05-11 12:34 PM
778 posts,
#5123, "RE: cam sensor pinout/wiring"
In response to Reply # 1
Jan-05-11 12:36 PM by streetlightning

Or 5v from the ms..its ms standalone with cam sync and seqential. I ran the 5v on it befor amd it worked. But i went thru and re-wired amd cleaned stuff up amd must have mixed up the 5v amd signal. So ill give 5v to the yellow

AdministratorCODE4Jan-05-11 12:36 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#5124, "RE: cam sensor pinout/wiring"
In response to Reply # 2

I understand what you are using it for, but I am just letting you know how it works according to the FSM as that was what your question was about.

The Crank/Cam/VSS sensors function from a variety of voltage inputs.

---

2012 2500HD LML

streetlightningJan-05-11 12:38 PM
778 posts,
#5125, "RE: cam sensor pinout/wiring"
In response to Reply # 3

Lol i kno u kno..ur pro ..i follow most of ur posts lol. I was jus makin sure i was clear so it wouldnt confuse others. But yea ur right i saw the 8v in put on the fsm. Thanx for the fast reply!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5121 Previous topic | Next topic