Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4703
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS 1 warmup enrichment problem" Previous topic | Next topic
SilvrEclipsNov-08-09 05:00 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4703, "MS 1 warmup enrichment problem"

MSnS 1 v2.2

My warmup enchrichment is not working, Last winter the car would start up the first time and run perfect, but this year it wont start for shit when its cold. I am running the same settings that I did last year, only difference is I lost all my maps a few months back and had to build new ones from scratch. The warmup has never worked since. MS says warmup enrich. is adding fuel but its clearly not. The car will fire up everytime but will go super lean and stall if I dont keep tappin the gas till its warm. After it warms up the car runs awesome but till then it bucks and trys to stall out.

The car is driven everyday and as it gets colder this problem gets worse and worse. To at least make the car driveable I have set the EGO to cut on when the car starts, it can add enought fuel to make the car idle around 15.5-16.0 when cold so it wont stall but idles really low. I have tried reflashing the firmware and different codes but nothing seems to help. Possible a problem with the MS board or chip?

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-09-09 03:20 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4704, "RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem"
In response to Reply # 0

That is becuase the warmup enrichments are based off the map. As your map changes so must your warmup enrichments, cold start enrichments and accell enrichments.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SilvrEclipsNov-09-09 03:55 PM
534 posts,
#4710, "RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Ok. But that doesn't explain why the car is running lean when cold. I have turned up the warmup enrich WAY up. Like 150% @80F and the car is still lean. It makes no changes. I set all the warmup enrich to 0% and it ran the same.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i

SilvrEclipsNov-10-09 10:51 PM
534 posts,
#4715, "RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem"
In response to Reply # 2

No suggestions? Come on guys there has to be something I can do to help figure this thing out.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i

VelocitaPaolaNov-10-09 11:08 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4716, "RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem"
In response to Reply # 3

Here's a thread on Neons.org concerning starting in cold weather:

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=333200&hilit=+warmup

The OP is using MS-II, but most of the settings should work for MS-I too.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

SilvrEclipsNov-10-09 11:58 PM
534 posts,
#4717, "RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem"
In response to Reply # 4

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=330771&sid=082fc73c34ce9eb6e248ff0866be6edf

That is exactly how I set up warmup. This worked perfect all last year so I know these settings work. At this point Im thinkin it has to be something on the board. I have made some changes on the board, adding launch control and meth control i had to use power off of the board and maybe pulled it from the wrong spot. It doesn't make much sense that the only thing affected is the warmup enrichment. Maybe if I got a stim I would be able to actually test the warmup enrich and see whether it is adding fuel or not.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4703 Previous topic | Next topic