Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMS 1 warmup enrichment problem
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4703
4703, MS 1 warmup enrichment problem
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
MSnS 1 v2.2

My warmup enchrichment is not working, Last winter the car would start up the first time and run perfect, but this year it wont start for shit when its cold. I am running the same settings that I did last year, only difference is I lost all my maps a few months back and had to build new ones from scratch. The warmup has never worked since. MS says warmup enrich. is adding fuel but its clearly not. The car will fire up everytime but will go super lean and stall if I dont keep tappin the gas till its warm. After it warms up the car runs awesome but till then it bucks and trys to stall out.

The car is driven everyday and as it gets colder this problem gets worse and worse. To at least make the car driveable I have set the EGO to cut on when the car starts, it can add enought fuel to make the car idle around 15.5-16.0 when cold so it wont stall but idles really low. I have tried reflashing the firmware and different codes but nothing seems to help. Possible a problem with the MS board or chip?
4704, RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That is becuase the warmup enrichments are based off the map. As your map changes so must your warmup enrichments, cold start enrichments and accell enrichments.
4710, RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem
Ok. But that doesn't explain why the car is running lean when cold. I have turned up the warmup enrich WAY up. Like 150% @80F and the car is still lean. It makes no changes. I set all the warmup enrich to 0% and it ran the same.
4715, RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem
No suggestions? Come on guys there has to be something I can do to help figure this thing out.
4716, RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here's a thread on Neons.org concerning starting in cold weather:

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=333200&hilit=+warmup

The OP is using MS-II, but most of the settings should work for MS-I too.
4717, RE: MS 1 warmup enrichment problem
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=330771&sid=082fc73c34ce9eb6e248ff0866be6edf

That is exactly how I set up warmup. This worked perfect all last year so I know these settings work. At this point Im thinkin it has to be something on the board. I have made some changes on the board, adding launch control and meth control i had to use power off of the board and maybe pulled it from the wrong spot. It doesn't make much sense that the only thing affected is the warmup enrichment. Maybe if I got a stim I would be able to actually test the warmup enrich and see whether it is adding fuel or not.
I generated this page in 0.0082221031188965 seconds, executing 7 queries.