Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4439
View in linear mode

Subject: "where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? " Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterApr-05-09 09:21 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4439, "where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "

Well I decided I will go for the msns, but don't know where I should buy it. I do want one that is ready to be installed; don't want to be modding anything to make it work. I will use it with the stock ecu at first but will go to full stand alone when I get some experience with it. I know there's symtech, diyautotune, etc.. but would really like your opinion on this as to where I could buy and what are the beast deals. thanxs in advanced...

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , 1slw97, Apr-05-09 10:26 PM, #1
RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , AdministratorCODE4, Apr-06-09 12:52 AM, #2
RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-06-09 02:37 PM, #3
      RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , Cyexmaster, Apr-06-09 03:13 PM, #4
      RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , djtrickee, Apr-06-09 07:34 PM, #5
      RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , Cyexmaster, Apr-06-09 09:52 PM, #6
      RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , VelocitaPaola, Apr-07-09 11:47 AM, #7
           RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , Cyexmaster, Apr-07-09 01:55 PM, #8
                RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , VelocitaPaola, Apr-07-09 05:15 PM, #9
      RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-10-09 11:06 AM, #10
           RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? , Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-11-09 10:45 AM, #11

1slw97Apr-05-09 10:26 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4440, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Cyexmaster
Well I decided I will go for the msns, but don't know where I should buy it. I do want one that is ready to be installed; don't want to be modding anything to make it work. I will use it with the stock ecu at first but will go to full stand alone when I get some experience with it. I know there's symtech, diyautotune, etc.. but would really like your opinion on this as to where I could buy and what are the beast deals. thanxs in advanced...

just go with Symtech. Fast shipping and customer service is great.
and every you need is in this kit.http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/megasquirt-ems-kit-420a-p-57.html?osCsid=6bcfc67ff1ea5f1e151712a0187958dc

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Apr-06-09 12:52 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#4441, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 0

I know there's symtech, diyautotune, etc..

You already listed the top two right there. Go with one.

---

2012 2500HD LML

ModeratorbullettdsmApr-06-09 02:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#4442, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 2

I'm partial to symtech. Paul is extremely reputable and knowledgeable.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

CyexmasterApr-06-09 03:13 PM
324 posts,
#4443, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 3

Thanxs for the fast replies, but I am kinda confused about DIYAUTOTUNE are there kits already modded to work with the 420a or do I have to do that my self?

I just want to not be having to mod de ms for it to work, and just want the std things I will want to have the launch control option too. And in the near future the boost control feature. Regarding that, how does that controll the boost? with speed, or how? thanxs!

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

djtrickeeApr-06-09 07:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4444, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 4

blah bla

Woohooo

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

CyexmasterApr-06-09 09:52 PM
324 posts,
#4445, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 5

That's really helpful! thanxs!

VelocitaPaolaApr-07-09 11:47 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4446, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 4

Thanxs for the fast replies, but I am kinda confused about DIYAUTOTUNE are there kits already modded to work with the 420a or do I have to do that my self? I just want to not be having to mod de ms for it to work, and just want the std things I will want to have the launch control option too. And in the near future the boost control feature. Regarding that, how does that controll the boost? with speed, or how? thanxs!

DIYAutotune is a really great company, and I'm sure Jerry or Matt would walk you through the process, but their off-the-shelf ECU's are not configured for the 420A. Their ECU's are configured for a basic hall/opto input and a single coil output.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

CyexmasterApr-07-09 01:55 PM
324 posts,
#4447, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 7

OK, that´s what I was thinking. So symtech´s are already modde for the 420a , do they offer boost control and launch? I know you have been working on a PnP harness how much time will that take to hit the market?
Cuz I´m reallly intrested...

VelocitaPaolaApr-07-09 05:15 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4448, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 8

I don't want to turn this thread into an advertisement, so feel free to email us (sales@symtechlabs.com) with any questions you might have. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-10-09 11:06 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4449, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-10-09 11:54 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Originally posted by bullettdsm
I'm partial to symtech. Paul is extremely reputable and knowledgeable.

How come you dont buy your kits from him then?

http://2gnt.com/index.php?d=MSnS%20INSTALL%20(parts/wiring%20only!)

ModeratorbullettdsmApr-11-09 10:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#4450, "RE: where can I find a good deal on a MsNs ? "
In response to Reply # 10
Apr-11-09 11:19 AM by bullettdsm

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
How come you dont buy your kits from him then?

Lol, I bought my kits from an individual I trust. There are few that I trust but those that I do I would highly recommend. Unfortunately, some of those people decide that they don't want to sell anymore (as has been brought to my attention). Which is fine by me.

NOW, if they were so inclined to sell kits again, I would highly recommend those individuals, as well (as I have whole heartedly in the past).

So, do you have any information on that?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4439 Previous topic | Next topic