Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3986
View in linear mode

Subject: "megatune errors" Previous topic | Next topic
95eclipseSlowAug-13-08 10:25 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2007
271 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3986, "megatune errors"

i uninstalled megatune and then reinstalled it and now when i go to open it, it gives me 3 options to click on: car1, 029v, 029y4 megatune wont open on any of them. How do i get back to where i can just click on megatune and it will open i wont have to chose my project (car1, 029,etc.)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: megatune errors, eclipse982nrRST, Aug-13-08 03:51 PM, #1
RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-13-08 04:49 PM, #2
      RE: megatune errors, eclipse982nrRST, Aug-14-08 05:00 AM, #3
           RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-14-08 05:13 AM, #4
                RE: megatune errors, SilvrEclips, Aug-14-08 02:42 PM, #5
                     RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-15-08 04:50 AM, #6
                          RE: megatune errors, djtrickee, Aug-15-08 06:02 AM, #7
                               RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-15-08 06:06 AM, #8
                                    RE: megatune errors, eclipse982nrRST, Aug-15-08 12:53 PM, #9
                                         RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-15-08 05:58 PM, #10
                                              RE: megatune errors, SilvrEclips, Aug-16-08 07:41 AM, #11
                                                   RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-16-08 05:49 PM, #12
                                                        RE: megatune errors, SilvrEclips, Aug-17-08 01:30 PM, #13
                                                             RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-17-08 05:33 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: megatune errors, Moderatorteklein, Aug-18-08 05:54 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: megatune errors, djtrickee, Aug-18-08 05:57 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: megatune errors, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-18-08 12:12 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-18-08 12:35 PM, #18
                                                                                      RE: megatune errors, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-18-08 01:14 PM, #19
                                                                                           RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-18-08 02:13 PM, #20
                                                                                                RE: megatune errors, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-18-08 05:36 PM, #21
                                                                                                     RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-19-08 08:40 AM, #22
                                                                                                          RE: megatune errors, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-19-08 12:29 PM, #23

eclipse982nrRSTAug-13-08 03:51 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3987, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 95eclipseSlow
i uninstalled megatune and then reinstalled it and now when i go to open it, it gives me 3 options to click on: car1, 029v, 029y4 megatune wont open on any of them. How do i get back to where i can just click on megatune and it will open i wont have to chose my project (car1, 029,etc.)

megatunep3 > create shortcut > desktop ?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95eclipseSlowAug-13-08 04:49 PM
271 posts,
#3988, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 1

thats what i am doing and its being just completely different now. The .ini file in the megasquirt folder says 029y3 and the .ini file in the configurator says 029b. I have 029y3 in the ms box.

eclipse982nrRSTAug-14-08 05:00 AM
6314 posts,
#3989, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-14-08 05:00 AM by eclipse982nrRST

thats what i am doing and its being just completely different now. The .ini file in the megasquirt folder says 029y3 and the .ini file in the configurator says 029b. I have 029y3 in the ms box.

so put the right INI file into config. folder

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowAug-14-08 05:13 AM
271 posts,
#3990, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 3

alright i got them to match up but when i connect the ms to the laptop and open megatune i get this error first.

Expected MS1 Extra 029y3
Received MS1 Ex??? 029y3

usb to serial corruption?

SilvrEclipsAug-14-08 02:42 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#3991, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 4

Have you tried to burn the new fireware into MS again? I had some of the same problems and it seemed to fix my problem.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

95eclipseSlowAug-15-08 04:50 AM
271 posts,
#3992, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah i tried that three times. My injectors aren't spraying but i am getting a pulse width and a duty cycle reading on my display gauges on megatune. Whats the problem?

djtrickeeAug-15-08 06:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3993, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 6

yeah i tried that three times. My injectors aren't spraying but i am getting a pulse width and a duty cycle reading on my display gauges on megatune. Whats the problem?

RTFM

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

95eclipseSlowAug-15-08 06:06 AM
271 posts,
#3994, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 7

ive read that thing a million times it helped with everything else but this. It doesnt explain troubleshooting and i know i have it wired up correct and the settings are good too. I hooked the stock ecu back up to fuel and the car started right up. I then hooked the ms back up and they arent spraying again.

eclipse982nrRSTAug-15-08 12:53 PM
6314 posts,
#3995, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 8

ive read that thing a million times it helped with everything else but this. It doesnt explain troubleshooting and i know i have it wired up correct and the settings are good too. I hooked the stock ecu back up to fuel and the car started right up. I then hooked the ms back up and they arent spraying again.

because you have NO IDEA what you are doing, its obvious dude.

you plug in the oem ecu and it fires right up, you wire your ms back in and it doesnt start. hmmm, sounds like user error.

heres a question. what 12v source are you wired to? is it a source that see's 12v WHILE CRANKING?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowAug-15-08 05:58 PM
271 posts,
#3996, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 9

ignition switch, and tested it for power while cranking and its getting it.

SilvrEclipsAug-16-08 07:41 AM
534 posts,
#3997, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 10

So everything works fine when the stock ECU is running the injectors but when you change over the injectors to MS it wont run. Are your setting right for the high resistant injectors?

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i

95eclipseSlowAug-16-08 05:49 PM
271 posts,
#3998, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 11

you mean low impedance? i have dsm 450's and yes when i have the stock ecu connected the car starts right up but when i switch the injectors over to ms my car wont start because the injectors arent spraying which is leading me to think that its got something to do with the error i get when i open up megatune when ms is connected to the laptop. Thats the only thing it can be, the ms grounds are good and the injectors are getting power while cranking.

SilvrEclipsAug-17-08 01:30 PM
534 posts,
#3999, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 12

The stock ECU will not run low independence injectors without a resistor pack which makes them high independence. So make sure you have you settings on MS set to run high independence injectors. Or low if your not running a resistor pack but in that case the stock ECU would not run them either.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i

95eclipseSlowAug-17-08 05:33 PM
271 posts,
#4000, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 13

i have ms set for low impedance and when i ran the stock ecu i plugged the resistor pack back in. When i went back to ms i unplugged the resistor pack.

ModeratortekleinAug-18-08 05:54 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#4001, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 14

Cluster fuck.

djtrickeeAug-18-08 05:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4002, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by teklein
Cluster fuck.

You have no idea.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-18-08 12:12 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4003, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 16

95, you need to find a performance shop familer with the Megasquirt and pay them to set it up. I am sorry man but you really got in over your head on this one.

95eclipseSlowAug-18-08 12:35 PM
271 posts,
#4004, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 17

im not in over my head im just getting a stupid error that is making my car not run. Can you send me a download of a megatune that is a different code then 029y3 so i can download a fresh megatune and download fresh firmware?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-18-08 01:14 PM
8331 posts,
#4005, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 18
Aug-18-08 01:14 PM by Star Turbo Talon

nope. I only have y3

Megatune itself is not code specific which is why you copy the INI file into Megatune.

95eclipseSlowAug-18-08 02:13 PM
271 posts,
#4006, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 19

think the injector driver has been damaged this hole time thats why the car isn't starting?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-18-08 05:36 PM
8331 posts,
#4007, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 20

every failure i have seen has left the fet stuck closed completing the circuit and leaving the injector stuck wide open.

Test you injectors circuits while cranking and you will know if they are opening and closing.

95eclipseSlowAug-19-08 08:40 AM
271 posts,
#4008, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 21

how do i go about doing that?

95eclipseSlowAug-19-08 12:29 PM
271 posts,
#4009, "RE: megatune errors"
In response to Reply # 22

i got it started and running!!! I had to plug my resistor pack back in and change the pwm stuff as if i were running high impedance injectors. If i unplug the resistor pack and set the pwm for low impedance the car wont start so i suspect a problem with the flyback circuit but im going to run the car as if it has high impedance injectors with the resistor pack.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3986 Previous topic | Next topic