Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectmegatune errors
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=3986
3986, megatune errors
Posted by 95eclipseSlow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i uninstalled megatune and then reinstalled it and now when i go to open it, it gives me 3 options to click on: car1, 029v, 029y4 megatune wont open on any of them. How do i get back to where i can just click on megatune and it will open i wont have to chose my project (car1, 029,etc.)
3987, RE: megatune errors
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 95eclipseSlow
i uninstalled megatune and then reinstalled it and now when i go to open it, it gives me 3 options to click on: car1, 029v, 029y4 megatune wont open on any of them. How do i get back to where i can just click on megatune and it will open i wont have to chose my project (car1, 029,etc.)

megatunep3 > create shortcut > desktop ?
3988, RE: megatune errors
thats what i am doing and its being just completely different now. The .ini file in the megasquirt folder says 029y3 and the .ini file in the configurator says 029b. I have 029y3 in the ms box.
3989, RE: megatune errors
thats what i am doing and its being just completely different now. The .ini file in the megasquirt folder says 029y3 and the .ini file in the configurator says 029b. I have 029y3 in the ms box.

so put the right INI file into config. folder
3990, RE: megatune errors
alright i got them to match up but when i connect the ms to the laptop and open megatune i get this error first.

Expected MS1 Extra 029y3
Received MS1 Ex??? 029y3

usb to serial corruption?
3991, RE: megatune errors
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Have you tried to burn the new fireware into MS again? I had some of the same problems and it seemed to fix my problem.
3992, RE: megatune errors
yeah i tried that three times. My injectors aren't spraying but i am getting a pulse width and a duty cycle reading on my display gauges on megatune. Whats the problem?
3993, RE: megatune errors
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah i tried that three times. My injectors aren't spraying but i am getting a pulse width and a duty cycle reading on my display gauges on megatune. Whats the problem?

RTFM
3994, RE: megatune errors
ive read that thing a million times it helped with everything else but this. It doesnt explain troubleshooting and i know i have it wired up correct and the settings are good too. I hooked the stock ecu back up to fuel and the car started right up. I then hooked the ms back up and they arent spraying again.
3995, RE: megatune errors
ive read that thing a million times it helped with everything else but this. It doesnt explain troubleshooting and i know i have it wired up correct and the settings are good too. I hooked the stock ecu back up to fuel and the car started right up. I then hooked the ms back up and they arent spraying again.

because you have NO IDEA what you are doing, its obvious dude.

you plug in the oem ecu and it fires right up, you wire your ms back in and it doesnt start. hmmm, sounds like user error.

heres a question. what 12v source are you wired to? is it a source that see's 12v WHILE CRANKING?
3996, RE: megatune errors
ignition switch, and tested it for power while cranking and its getting it.
3997, RE: megatune errors
So everything works fine when the stock ECU is running the injectors but when you change over the injectors to MS it wont run. Are your setting right for the high resistant injectors?
3998, RE: megatune errors
you mean low impedance? i have dsm 450's and yes when i have the stock ecu connected the car starts right up but when i switch the injectors over to ms my car wont start because the injectors arent spraying which is leading me to think that its got something to do with the error i get when i open up megatune when ms is connected to the laptop. Thats the only thing it can be, the ms grounds are good and the injectors are getting power while cranking.
3999, RE: megatune errors
The stock ECU will not run low independence injectors without a resistor pack which makes them high independence. So make sure you have you settings on MS set to run high independence injectors. Or low if your not running a resistor pack but in that case the stock ECU would not run them either.
4000, RE: megatune errors
i have ms set for low impedance and when i ran the stock ecu i plugged the resistor pack back in. When i went back to ms i unplugged the resistor pack.
4001, RE: megatune errors
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Cluster fuck.
4002, RE: megatune errors
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Cluster fuck.

You have no idea.
4003, RE: megatune errors
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
95, you need to find a performance shop familer with the Megasquirt and pay them to set it up. I am sorry man but you really got in over your head on this one.
4004, RE: megatune errors
im not in over my head im just getting a stupid error that is making my car not run. Can you send me a download of a megatune that is a different code then 029y3 so i can download a fresh megatune and download fresh firmware?
4005, RE: megatune errors
nope. I only have y3

Megatune itself is not code specific which is why you copy the INI file into Megatune.
4006, RE: megatune errors
think the injector driver has been damaged this hole time thats why the car isn't starting?
4007, RE: megatune errors
every failure i have seen has left the fet stuck closed completing the circuit and leaving the injector stuck wide open.

Test you injectors circuits while cranking and you will know if they are opening and closing.
4008, RE: megatune errors
how do i go about doing that?
4009, RE: megatune errors
i got it started and running!!! I had to plug my resistor pack back in and change the pwm stuff as if i were running high impedance injectors. If i unplug the resistor pack and set the pwm for low impedance the car wont start so i suspect a problem with the flyback circuit but im going to run the car as if it has high impedance injectors with the resistor pack.
I generated this page in 0.011327981948853 seconds, executing 7 queries.