Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3440
View in linear mode

Subject: "MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..." Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gSep-24-07 05:26 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3440, "MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."

Well I got some tuning done and I thought I would post this just to get you guys opinions on it and so some people would have a map in the future for a BASE just to get it roughly started on stock injectors. NOBODY should just plug the values in and expect it to run good because every car is different and I still have some stuff to tune. Let me know what you guys think though. Mods on the engine are 8.8 compression wisecos .020, eagle rods, +1mm PEP oversized stainless valves, pt rockers and lifters, crower titainium retainers, crower springs, crane 12 cams, fidanza cam sprockets(no adjustment, zero'd out), 3 angle vale job, mild port, aem v2 intake, ebay 4-1 header downpipe, OEM cat(I know ), tsudo 2.5" catback and I think thats all that would affect it. It seems to just quit pulling at 5g. When the stock ecu was in control it would get pig rich but now I tuned it to be a little rich and it still just doesnt pull. If it doesnt fix it when I go spark I may have a problem.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-25-07 07:57 AM, #1
RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Sep-25-07 09:21 AM, #2
      RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-25-07 11:11 AM, #3
           RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Sep-25-07 11:32 AM, #4
                RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Sep-25-07 05:17 PM, #5
                     RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-26-07 09:25 AM, #6
                          RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Sep-26-07 10:01 AM, #7
                               RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., mreigle, Oct-14-07 02:15 AM, #8
                               RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Oct-16-07 06:05 PM, #9
                               RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-17-07 08:48 AM, #10
                                    RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Oct-21-07 06:38 PM, #11
                                         RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., justins71, Oct-29-07 02:58 AM, #12
                                              RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Nov-02-07 05:23 AM, #13
                                                   RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Nov-12-07 12:33 PM, #14
                               RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., BoostedEclipse, Nov-13-07 01:02 PM, #17
                               RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., justins71, Nov-13-07 03:50 AM, #15
                                    RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Nov-13-07 04:42 AM, #16
                                         RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..., Slo2g, Nov-13-07 06:16 PM, #18
                                              New datalog shots...:( Also, what is your open loop settings?, Slo2g, Apr-15-08 06:27 PM, #19

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-25-07 07:57 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3442, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 0

you may be getting detonatiopn and the ECU is retarding the timing. That would feel just the way your describing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gSep-25-07 09:21 AM
1074 posts,
#3443, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 1

but my afr is good and egts never go above 1430? It also did this with the factory ecu and with 93 octane? I don't know, it makes sense but what could I do to stop it?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-25-07 11:11 AM
8331 posts,
#3444, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 2

If it did it with the factory ECU then what are you worried about? Could be something in your setup that is restrictive. Typically cams can cause this issue if they ar enot set right. Too small of turbo can also cause this.

Slo2gSep-25-07 11:32 AM
1074 posts,
#3445, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 3

I am leaning toward restriction, I have a dirty/smashed air filter from a damn dog I hit and a factory cat. I will try changing them and see what happens.

Slo2gSep-25-07 05:17 PM
1074 posts,
#3446, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 4

Just to make sure nothing is out of wack, here are a few screen shots of the values I have set...

Everything seem in order? Also, my afr while driving are fluctuating between 20 and 12, not 20 then 12 but it bounces around in that area. I can also feel the car "surge" when I am at a cruise and the wb is doing the changing. At idle I have it set at 13.x afr and its smooth but while driving its changing, with or with out autotune on?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-26-07 09:25 AM
8331 posts,
#3447, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-26-07 09:26 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Most of that is all user defined. There is no right or wrong. Personally i dont use mapdot. I use tps enrichment, thats just my preference. That wont effect your problem though.

Slo2gSep-26-07 10:01 AM
1074 posts,
#3448, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 6

Thing is with tps dot I cant get the overrun fuel cut to kick on, just because its a noisy signal.

mreigleOct-14-07 02:15 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
#3460, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 7
Oct-14-07 02:17 AM by mreigle

Not to seem rude, but a turbo would be nice at 5K RPM. Your engine is already built for it.

Slo2gOct-16-07 06:05 PM
1074 posts,
#3468, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 8

Just a little thing called greenbacks my friend is getting in the way, unless you want to donate I am broke as a joke right now.

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-17-07 08:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#3469, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 9
Oct-17-07 08:51 AM by bullettdsm

Dunno if this helps, but here is mine from the 10.9 comp motor;

Damn it, too small, here's the link:

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6889889

P+P everything
Crower 2 cams
60mm TB
10.9 comp

^^^^^the important stuff

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Slo2gOct-21-07 06:38 PM
1074 posts,
#3476, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 10
Oct-21-07 06:49 PM by Slo2g

Well here is my latest...

I noticed your table is really jumpy Mark, I don't think it would work good for me because of how different our set ups are anyway, but thanks. I am going to use your spark table that you had in another thread as a starting point for mine probably and tweak it from there for my set up. I have to figure out also though why I am getting a cam/crank not in correct time(P1390) though, I checked timing and its in time. Thats for another thread though.

justins71Oct-29-07 02:58 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#3477, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 11
Oct-29-07 02:58 AM by justins71

can you post your .msq to look at? A log would be great also, if you have one.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Slo2gNov-02-07 05:23 AM
1074 posts,
#3482, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 12

I just noticed this post, I will post them when I get home tonight.

Slo2gNov-12-07 12:33 PM
1074 posts,
#3489, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 13

Here is a link to dsmtuners to get my .msq file. That is with MLV supposidly corrected my VE table but it leaned it out too much. Remember to download the .doc and change the .doc to .msq
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=151316211#post151316211

BoostedEclipseNov-13-07 01:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
#3501, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by mreigle
Not to seem rude, but a turbo would be nice at 5K RPM. Your engine is already built for it.

Yeah I always thought if you had lower compression for a turbo, but ran it n/a, it would be balls slow. Not downing you or anything b/c I can totally relate with the money situation. Just putting in my .02.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

justins71Nov-13-07 03:50 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#3495, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 7

TPS/MAPdot don't affect overrun... it's a function of TPS position, MAP reading, and RPM mainly. Just has to satisfy the requirements. I did notice you had DecelEnrich turned off above 29 kPa - this acts like a negative accel enrich - different from overrun. Bump it up around 100 kPa and might help drivability/save fuel a bit. Otherwise you .msq looked decent. Are you still runnin stock FPU? With those mods, you may be close to toppin out you stock injectors on stock pressure (have a datalog?). Otherwise I'd agree with before, with intake/exhaust restriction (plugged cat/muffler).

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Slo2gNov-13-07 04:42 AM
1074 posts,
#3496, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 15
Nov-13-07 04:45 AM by Slo2g

I will check out the decel, I don't think that I am at risk of over running the injectors though. I have a log, I will try and post it later when I get to school, they have wifi and I can upload it from my laptop. And what I was talking about affecting my overrun fuel cut is that the fuel cut is happening when at very light throttle because the tps is dropping to zero and triggering it.

Slo2gNov-13-07 06:16 PM
1074 posts,
#3503, "RE: MSnS VE table and graph...what do you think..."
In response to Reply # 16

http://www.2gnt.com/documents/11-2.msq

Download it and open it with MT and that is my latest msq.

Slo2gApr-15-08 06:27 PM
1074 posts,
#3714, "New datalog shots...:( Also, what is your open loop settings?"
In response to Reply # 18
Apr-15-08 06:32 PM by Slo2g

Also, I switched open loop settings to a lower kpa and it actualy helped steady the afr, it was rich, but steady. Let me know any suggestions, if you need a msq then I will try and upload a new msq.
The top graph yellow is afr, purple is rpm, and cyan is tps.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3440 Previous topic | Next topic