Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3287
View in linear mode

Subject: "A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding" Previous topic | Next topic
tboneJul-02-07 05:31 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2006
103 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3287, "A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding"

ok guys, I am about to install my MSnS, along with my motor and turbo set up.

I will be starting this process next week. I have a week off and I would like to get it back up and running in some fashion in that week.

I still have to order a few things. I need a wideband O2, a wiring harness and the sensors. If anyone can just fill me on on what O2 will work best, but keep in mind that I am on a tight budget.

I was looking at rsautosprot.net for the wiring harness, is this a good harness?

I got my MSnS used and this is what I have so far.

1. MS1 & MS2 CPU
2. Built and tested version 3.0 board
3. Stimulator board
4. RS232 cable
2.5 bar MAP sensor

Im starting to get nervous about this install and I kinda need it to go somewhat smooth. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Tom

98 RS 5spd.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-03-07 01:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3288, "RE: A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding"
In response to Reply # 0

For the wideband, I used the Innovate. It cost me new, around $170ish. But that is without the gauge. Didn't really care that much (about the gage) because I only use it when tuning, so I plug into the laptop. There is software written in MSnS that supports the Innovate.

One word of advice, don't freak out on anything . Just calmly go back over crap until you see it. And if you don't see it; obviously, you know where to ask.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SlushboxJul-07-07 10:59 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
73 posts,
#3300, "RE: A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding"
In response to Reply # 1

Buying a premade harness definetly makes things easier, just make sure to check the lables to wire colors. I would start w/fuel to get the car running in a decent manner (no to low boost) then move on to spark.

AEM cam gears, .030 over, .020 milled head, Unorthodox UDP, port match intake/head, polished exhaust manifold, e-bay CAI, Magnaflow muffler

1995 GS A/T: Crushed, what started it all
1999 RS M/T: Back to stock
Mazdaspeed6: sold and quazi missed
1999 Eclipse GSX: HX35, waiting for Shep STG3

AdministratorCODE4Jul-14-07 03:51 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#3319, "RE: A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-14-07 03:53 PM by CODE4

Innovate LC-1 wideband is a great setup and is what I am running. Very easy to use.

Reference http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/innovate-digital-wideband-controller-with-sensor-p-41.html?osCsid=68b2e27d7b85d8c4919a753d513d6a5c

As for the harness, I would recommend buying one. You think your eyes are bleeding now? I spent a decent chunk of time measuring wires, stripping and soldering to a DB37 connector. And I consider myself proficient at soldering too. Save yourself one less headache if you can afford it.

As for the sensors, I also used some standard T-Fittings for running the MSnS sensors alongside the OEM sensors. Just something to consider.

And the RSAutoSport harness is a good one to go with.

---

2012 2500HD LML

SlushboxJul-14-07 07:28 PM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
73 posts,
#3321, "RE: A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding"
In response to Reply # 3

I second the LC-1. There is a review of widebands on a Ford site where the LC-1 rated #1, not too bad for a sub $200 set-up!

AEM cam gears, .030 over, .020 milled head, Unorthodox UDP, port match intake/head, polished exhaust manifold, e-bay CAI, Magnaflow muffler

1995 GS A/T: Crushed, what started it all
1999 RS M/T: Back to stock
Mazdaspeed6: sold and quazi missed
1999 Eclipse GSX: HX35, waiting for Shep STG3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3287 Previous topic | Next topic