Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectA few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=3287
3287, A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding
Posted by tbone, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok guys, I am about to install my MSnS, along with my motor and turbo set up.

I will be starting this process next week. I have a week off and I would like to get it back up and running in some fashion in that week.

I still have to order a few things. I need a wideband O2, a wiring harness and the sensors. If anyone can just fill me on on what O2 will work best, but keep in mind that I am on a tight budget.

I was looking at rsautosprot.net for the wiring harness, is this a good harness?

I got my MSnS used and this is what I have so far.

1. MS1 & MS2 CPU
2. Built and tested version 3.0 board
3. Stimulator board
4. RS232 cable
2.5 bar MAP sensor

Im starting to get nervous about this install and I kinda need it to go somewhat smooth. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Tom
3288, RE: A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For the wideband, I used the Innovate. It cost me new, around $170ish. But that is without the gauge. Didn't really care that much (about the gage) because I only use it when tuning, so I plug into the laptop. There is software written in MSnS that supports the Innovate.

One word of advice, don't freak out on anything :thumbsup . Just calmly go back over crap until you see it. And if you don't see it; obviously, you know where to ask.
3300, RE: A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding
Posted by Slushbox, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Buying a premade harness definetly makes things easier, just make sure to check the lables to wire colors. I would start w/fuel to get the car running in a decent manner (no to low boost) then move on to spark.
3319, RE: A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Innovate LC-1 wideband is a great setup and is what I am running. Very easy to use.

Reference http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/innovate-digital-wideband-controller-with-sensor-p-41.html?osCsid=68b2e27d7b85d8c4919a753d513d6a5c

As for the harness, I would recommend buying one. You think your eyes are bleeding now? I spent a decent chunk of time measuring wires, stripping and soldering to a DB37 connector. And I consider myself proficient at soldering too. Save yourself one less headache if you can afford it.

As for the sensors, I also used some standard T-Fittings for running the MSnS sensors alongside the OEM sensors. Just something to consider.

And the RSAutoSport harness is a good one to go with.
3321, RE: A few questions before install,/my eyes are bleeding
Posted by Slushbox, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I second the LC-1. There is a review of widebands on a Ford site where the LC-1 rated #1, not too bad for a sub $200 set-up!
I generated this page in 0.0088508129119873 seconds, executing 7 queries.