Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3218
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS IAT and TPS" Previous topic | Next topic
mreigleJun-01-07 03:55 PM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3218, "MS IAT and TPS"
Jun-02-07 02:59 AM by mreigle

Somehow my IAT is interacting with my TPS.

When the IAT sensor harness is disconnected. If you step on the throttle as the throttle goes through 100% my intake temp on megatune drops directly in relation to the TPS position.

I have checked continuity with the megasquirt disconnected and there wasn't any between the two.

MS1, ver 2.2, 029v, fuel only

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MS IAT and TPS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-02-07 07:28 AM, #1
RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-02-07 09:54 AM, #2
      RE: MS IAT and TPS, djtrickee, Jun-02-07 09:55 AM, #3
           RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-02-07 10:46 AM, #4
                RE: MS IAT and TPS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-02-07 11:23 AM, #5
                     RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-02-07 11:44 AM, #6
                          RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-02-07 11:53 AM, #7
                               RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-02-07 12:22 PM, #8
                                    RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-02-07 02:02 PM, #9
                                    RE: MS IAT and TPS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-02-07 02:06 PM, #10
                                         RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-02-07 04:17 PM, #11
                                              RE: MS IAT and TPS, XMasta19, Jun-03-07 06:07 AM, #12
                                                   RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-04-07 12:21 AM, #13
                                                        RE: MS IAT and TPS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-08-07 08:48 PM, #14
                                                             RE: MS IAT and TPS, XMasta19, Jun-09-07 06:26 AM, #15
                                                             RE: MS IAT and TPS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-09-07 07:39 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-10-07 12:12 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-11-07 02:24 AM, #19
                                                                            RE: MS IAT and TPS, XMasta19, Jun-11-07 09:44 AM, #20
                                                                                 RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-12-07 12:17 AM, #21
                                                             RE: MS IAT and TPS, mreigle, Jun-10-07 12:08 PM, #17

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-02-07 07:28 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3220, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 0

Either the MS has been damaged or you have a wiring problem. Every MS i build gets run on my own car. The next thing you can do is hook it up the the stimulator to test the tps and IAT circuit. you wont get any tach but it doesnt matter you dont need it.

Kinda soungs like a ground issue. you can run a jumper wire to each sensor for a ground and try that.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mreigleJun-02-07 09:54 AM
426 posts,
#3222, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 1

The same thing happens with the stimulator.

djtrickeeJun-02-07 09:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3223, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by mreigle
The same thing happens with the stimulator.

Have you checked over all the traces and solder points for any splatter or jumps?
Sounds like a bad board or a bad build.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

mreigleJun-02-07 10:46 AM
426 posts,
#3224, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 3

I took some pics so that someone with a better eye may be able to find something.

The pics keep getting larger if you keep clicking on them.

http://www.memoryfoam.us/cpg144/thumbnails.php?album=lastup

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-02-07 11:23 AM
8331 posts,
#3225, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-02-07 11:34 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Didnt you say that MS was one that I built? That is def not one i built or someone has rebuilt/changed portions of the MS. Portions of that board are not my work and some of it is not my materials. That board has been altered.

If it does it on the stimulator then something on the board is not right. See the jumpers on the bottom of the board? Make sure they are not shorting out to something

Edit: try loading an older Firmware into it and make sure its not a firmware glitch

Terry

mreigleJun-02-07 11:44 AM
426 posts,
#3226, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Didnt you say that MS was one that I built? That is def not one i built or someone has rebuilt/changed portions of the MS. Portions of that board are not my work and some of it is not my materials. That board has been altered. If it does it on the stimulator then something on the board is not right. See the jumpers on the bottom of the board? Make sure they are not shorting out to something Edit: try loading an older Firmware into it and make sure its not a firmware glitch Terry

I bought it from someone on this board that said they purchased it from you. It came with your CD with your cell, setup files etc. The person I bought it from said they purchased it from you and tried to install it but were never successful so they were selling it on this board.

It really has been frustrating. I just had it sent to Rs-Autosport for them to check out twice and they gave it a clean bill of health and sent it back to me.

The board that holds the connection for the map does press firmly against the case.

mreigleJun-02-07 11:53 AM
426 posts,
#3227, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 6

This is the only thing I can see that is strange. There are surface scratches all around this area.

mreigleJun-02-07 12:22 PM
426 posts,
#3228, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 7

I have never been able to load 024s. I just tried again and it asked which com and then says it cannot complete the program.

Do you think it has to do with a usb to serial?

mreigleJun-02-07 02:02 PM
426 posts,
#3229, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 8

I found a computer with a straight serial connection and was able to load 024s firmware onto the MS. I then configured megatune and the 550cc setup file.

I still have the issue with the TPS and IAT.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-02-07 02:06 PM
8331 posts,
#3230, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 8

Ok RS autosport went through it so that explains why some things are different than when I built it. I wasnt saying it wasnt mine just that its been altered.

Tell you what, send it back to me, let me install it into my car and fire it up. I wouldn't charge you for it so dont worry about that.

The problem has existed ever before you sent it to rodney? That means they are putting it on a Stim and its working fine for them, IF they are paying attention to what it is really doing. The V2.2 board is semi failsafe. Its not likely a ground issue on the board. I want to try swapping out the ECU chip as well if it does do it for me.

I dont understand why you cant load the 024 firmware. You are jumpering the bootloader correct? Its possible your USB adapter is the problem and the code isnt getting loaded correctly. Do you have a desktop with a serial you can try?

Terry

mreigleJun-02-07 04:17 PM
426 posts,
#3232, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 10

Ok RS autosport went through it so that explains why some things are different than when I built it. I wasnt saying it wasnt mine just that its been altered. Tell you what, send it back to me, let me install it into my car and fire it up. I wouldn't charge you for it so dont worry about that. The problem has existed ever before you sent it to rodney? That means they are putting it on a Stim and its working fine for them, IF they are paying attention to what it is really doing. The V2.2 board is semi failsafe. Its not likely a ground issue on the board. I want to try swapping out the ECU chip as well if it does do it for me. I dont understand why you cant load the 024 firmware. You are jumpering the bootloader correct? Its possible your USB adapter is the problem and the code isnt getting loaded correctly. Do you have a desktop with a serial you can try? Terry

Our posts must have crossed paths.

I was able to load the 024s and it still didn't.

I really appreciate you helping me out. Please PM me the address to ship to.

Thanks again.

XMasta19Jun-03-07 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#3233, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 11

Hopefully this turns out for the better Mark. As I was sayin the other day at your house, I figured RS-Autosport altered the board somewhat and/or there is a problem with the usb > serial adaptor. I guess we'll see what happens when Terry fires it up. If I remember, next time I can bring my laptop with all my files, msq's, and the 024s13c firmware I believe is what I was runnin before my car went down last year.

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

mreigleJun-04-07 12:21 AM
426 posts,
#3234, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 12

Thanks for the help over the last week. I was able to get the o24s firmware installed and it still had the same symptoms.

Terry is being gracious enough to check it out for me. Hopefully we will know soon what is up.

Thanks again.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-08-07 08:48 PM
8331 posts,
#3239, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 13

Ok Mark, here are a few things I noticed. The problem exists with the 024 code as you stated. In my car the MS claimed my IAT was 131 degrees. Kinda hard when the car is cold and temp is actually 77 degrees. I checked with both a Mutimeter and my Scanner.

I loaded code again to make sure it wasnt a firmware issue and it isnt. I swapped ECU chips with the one from my MS and sure enough the problem cleared up. Your ECU chip is bad. Not sure if its not accepting the firmware loading or if it is communicating improperly.

I noticed a few things on the MS board that grabbed my attention. Some of the hardware has all been changed from the original build. A few components are also different. Most important I noticed the Socket that the ECU chip mounts into was changed. I have no idea why this was done and I know it was done because I have never seen a socket like the one in your MS in any kit I have produced. If it werent for a few little details of the baord, i would say someone swapped the MS with another but that is not the case.

At any rate you need this and your good to go:
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/cpu-megasquirti-cpu-p-105.html?osCsid=c4d015e7688e74f53b757bf946f34c68

I can either install it for you or I can ship this back to you and you purchase and install it. It doesnt matter to me either .

Terry

XMasta19Jun-09-07 06:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#3240, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 14

Good stuff, good stuff Terry!

So, if the v3.0 chip goes in there...since he had the v2.2 board setup, does anything else need to change or what not at the same time?

-Xavier-

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-09-07 07:39 AM
8331 posts,
#3241, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 15

no all he needs is the ms1 chip or he can convert to the ms II chip

mreigleJun-10-07 12:12 PM
426 posts,
#3243, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 16

no all he needs is the ms1 chip or he can convert to the ms II chip

I think Joel is running a MSII and it would be easier to tune if we had the same.

Please install the MS2 chip Terry.

mreigleJun-11-07 02:24 AM
426 posts,
#3260, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 18

Actually I don't know if Joel is running a MSII chip or not.

Let me find out today.

XMasta19Jun-11-07 09:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#3261, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 19

NO...he is defintely NOT running the ms-II chip. MS1 with v3.0 board on some version of the 029 firmware. Go with that, nothing wrong with that setup at all...

-Xavier-

mreigleJun-12-07 12:17 AM
426 posts,
#3262, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by XMasta19
NO...he is defintely NOT running the ms-II chip. MS1 with v3.0 board on some version of the 029 firmware. Go with that, nothing wrong with that setup at all...

Thanks for the input. I requested for Terry to place a MSI chip in.

mreigleJun-10-07 12:08 PM
426 posts,
#3242, "RE: MS IAT and TPS"
In response to Reply # 14

Ok Mark, here are a few things I noticed. The problem exists with the 024 code as you stated. In my car the MS claimed my IAT was 131 degrees. Kinda hard when the car is cold and temp is actually 77 degrees. I checked with both a Mutimeter and my Scanner. I loaded code again to make sure it wasnt a firmware issue and it isnt. I swapped ECU chips with the one from my MS and sure enough the problem cleared up. Your ECU chip is bad. Not sure if its not accepting the firmware loading or if it is communicating improperly. I noticed a few things on the MS board that grabbed my attention. Some of the hardware has all been changed from the original build. A few components are also different. Most important I noticed the Socket that the ECU chip mounts into was changed. I have no idea why this was done and I know it was done because I have never seen a socket like the one in your MS in any kit I have produced. If it werent for a few little details of the baord, i would say someone swapped the MS with another but that is not the case. At any rate you need this and your good to go: http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/cpu-megasquirti-cpu-p-105.html?osCsid=c4d015e7688e74f53b757bf946f34c68 I can either install it for you or I can ship this back to you and you purchase and install it. It doesnt matter to me either . Terry

Thanks again for checking it out.

With all the hands that have been on that MS who knows who could have made those changes.

If you don't mind please go ahead and get it running and PM me how much I owe you.

Thanks again.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3218 Previous topic | Next topic