Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3186
View in linear mode

Subject: "RS Autosport's Super420a ECU" Previous topic | Next topic
wickedtalonMay-17-07 07:24 AM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3186, "RS Autosport's Super420a ECU"

I didnt see a thread about this so I'll start. I'm looking into buying this unit and want to know other 2gnter's opinions.

http://www.rs-autosport.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9&products_id=210

----

Designed to take over control of fuel, spark and other functions on your engine, our new Super420A MegaSquirt ECU was created especially with your turbocharged or naturally-aspirated 420A engine in mind. The addition of RS Autosport's advanced input/output board to the standard MegaSquirt ECU provides features that everyone's been waiting for, with unparalleled electrical robustness. From fully protected auxiliary outputs to unique universal (+12V or ground) table switching and launch control inputs, the Super420A truly takes MegaSquirt technology to the next level.

Standard features of the Super420A include:

Outputs:

Dual high-current ignition outputs, for direct control of your coil pack
Dual bank high or low-impedance injector outputs, with no need for a resistor pack
Cooling fan relay control output (2.5A max.)
PWM boost control solenoid output (2.5A max.)
Shift light output (2.5A max.)
Fast idle/PWM IAC output (1.5A max.)
Tachometer signal output (0.5A max.)
All three 2.5A outputs and the fast idle output are fully overcurrent and short-circuit protected, are self-resetting, and are configurable as general-purpose outputs in MegaTune
Inputs:

Directly reads your stock crankshaft trigger signal
Table switching input (triggered by 12V or ground on input)
Launch control input (triggered by 12V or ground on input)
KnockSenseMS input
EGT sender input (upcoming RS Autosport product)
3-Bar MAP sensor (upgradeable to 4-bar... see below)
Other:

Feature-packed MSnS Extra firmware, with 12x12 fuel and ignition maps
Externally accessible 1/8" hose barb for MAP sensor signal hose
Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects or premature failure due to faulty components
Approved devices for connection to auxiliary outputs:

Idle control: Bosch 2-wire PWM IAC (pic here, various part numbers)
Boost control: Syclone/Typhoon boost control valve (pic here, GM p/n 1997152)
Relays: Standard Tyco VF-4 automotive relay (available here)

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

quicksilver99May-22-07 12:50 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3191, "RE: RS Autosport's Super420a ECU"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the previous ECU they offered. No complaints and no problems. mine didn't come with all the fancy extra's but I contacted RSautosport after this one became available and they gave me all the info I needed to make it equal to this version. If you dont feel you can build your own, I later learned wasn't as hard as I had thought, then I would recomed it.

Creative thinking? Ingenuity? Hell, It's just an obsession!

99 Eclipse GS turbo: MSpowered, everything custom built, 223.8 HP-199.8 TQ @8psi through auto-tranny. The first time around...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

grainJun-15-07 05:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#3264, "RE: RS Autosport's Super420a ECU"
In response to Reply # 1

dats teehhh expensive

VelocitaPaolaJun-18-07 04:53 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#3265, "RE: RS Autosport's Super420a ECU"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-18-07 04:54 AM by VelocitaPaola

It's just a regular MSnS-E box with a few basic options wired in. If you feel confident enough to build it yourself, do it! It's not that hard, and each of those "features" (or those that don't already come with MSnS-E) can easily be installed.

This is just another case of a vendor scrambling to boost sales by affixing the word "super" to the product name.

-http://www.symtechlabs.com/-

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3186 Previous topic | Next topic