Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2334
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSAug-02-06 06:02 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2334, "MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
Aug-02-06 06:03 AM by XtremeRS

I've been driving around with this beta test code for a bit now, and it's running flawlessly..This Hi res code basically give a LOT more fuel injector resolution in the injector pulse width. MT displays PW as x.xxx now The car has never idled as good as it has since using this code. Drives around excellent. Enabled the autotune feature in MT, and o2 corrections are perfect all around now. Thanks to Shawn(boostjunkie) for gettting this code in gear! Note: there are still a few "extra" code features that are not working yet,like prime pulse when the key is turned on, but all basic features and functions are there.. The code is derived from the 029q2 firmware, works with the MT release version 2.25. This code will greatly help the large injector people..i'm only using 440's for now, but even still it makes a good difference, as the wideband shows more consistant A/F with less jitter. Give it a try if you want..

http://www.wowway.com/~kgrider/saab/hr_08d.zip

Remember to do the .ini file thing, and use the MT configurator to name a new car project, then configure your new project. The download firmware bat file will upload the code(only if you have a current "Extra" series of code already in your processor). Drop the .ini file into your project "mtcfg" folder. NOTE: This code will run slightly RICHER. Plan on taking out roughly 2-4% from your VE table, mostly in the 100 kpa bins and below. Boost was only off by maybe 1-2% at most.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., CarbonFiberRST, Aug-02-06 12:55 PM, #1
RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., gilee_8, Aug-03-06 05:23 AM, #2
      RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., TeamXtremeRS, Aug-03-06 07:36 AM, #3
           RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., gilee_8, Aug-03-06 01:11 PM, #4
           RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., ModeratorCorbin, Aug-09-06 06:55 AM, #5
                RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., ModeratorCorbin, Aug-10-06 02:44 AM, #6
                     RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., Teamdougie2, Aug-10-06 03:31 AM, #7
                          RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., TeamXtremeRS, Aug-10-06 05:13 PM, #8
                               RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., ModeratorCorbin, Aug-17-06 06:47 AM, #9
                                    RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., Kirby, Aug-18-06 05:25 AM, #10
                                         RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..., WickedESi, Aug-18-06 03:35 PM, #11

CarbonFiberRSTAug-02-06 12:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2338, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 0

This is for v2.2? or does it even matter? I'll try it out when I'm home this weekend if I have time. THANKS!

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gilee_8Aug-03-06 05:23 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#2339, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 1

Also, is this for MS-I or MS-II?

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

TeamXtremeRSAug-03-06 07:36 AM
6329 posts,
#2340, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 2

It can be used on MS1 as there is currently no features and support for many of the "extra" versionsfor MS2 yet. MS2 does not support the 420 crank decoder, no much of the other wheel decoder and other neat features that are in the MS1 extra code. MS1 board version does not matter. They are still doing more work on this hi resolution code, so just keep in mind its still a work in progress, but something to try out and play with.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

gilee_8Aug-03-06 01:11 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#2344, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 3

I will try it out, once I got all the fuel tuned correctly.
Then I will move on to Spark.

I will have question about Spark soon.. lol.
Thanks for the update on this new hi-resolution fuel thing.

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

ModeratorCorbinAug-09-06 06:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#2386, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-09-06 06:56 AM by Corbin

Sweet! Thanks for posting this. With 780's at 43 psi static, the 029Q2 code was running into resolution problems. Idle was OK, but could be better. I'll check it out and see if it smooths out my A/F at low load.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

ModeratorCorbinAug-10-06 02:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#2390, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 5

Just so we're clear, is it bad to load my old 029Q2 MSQ after loading the new hi-res code? I did that an now my fueling is totally f'ed. The poor EGO is pegging out on both of its limits (75 and 125%). Should I have started with a clean slate and manually input all of the settings? I don't want to have to limp to the shootout.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T

Teamdougie2Aug-10-06 03:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#2391, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 6

Corbin,

That's pretty common. Usually when upgrading the code, I have to re-tune or manually enter all of my settings from scratch.

If you had a good tune before that you want to take to the shootout, just install the boot jumper and roll the code back. Then re-load your MSQ and you're back to where you were before upgrading. You can always try the hi-res code again when you come back from the shootout.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

TeamXtremeRSAug-10-06 05:13 PM
6329 posts,
#2400, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 7

Yes, this code runs a bit richer than the 029q2 code. Easiest thing to do is to just lower your REQ Fuel value, maybe by .2 - .3, and see what that does. I did a 4g63 install with the MS, and we tried this code on that as well..everything was ok, except for one issue. We would get this small miss/stumble just in cruising..it was strange. Switched back to the 029q2, and it was gone. It runs great on my car though..

Oh and you dont have to use the boot jumper when upgrading or chaning firmware, ONLY if you are going from one version of the "extra" code to another. You can use the included "download firmware.bat" file in the firmware zip folder.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

ModeratorCorbinAug-17-06 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#2433, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 8

Since I couldn't get this to work right on my car, I read the thread on the MS forum. I'm glad I did, because I didn't realize that they had to remove the injector PWM functionality to make room for the high-resolution calculations. So, you need to have high impedance injectors or a resistor pack with your low impedance injectors. I prefer to use low impedance peak & hold injectors with no resistor pack, so I'm boned. I'll just live with my crappy resolution until they figure out the MSII&SE for the neon crank.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T

KirbyAug-18-06 05:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#2438, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 9

Hey Corbin i can get you a resistor pack cheap... I'm going to call you this friday bro, got some news for ya...

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

WickedESiAug-18-06 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2440, "RE: MS Extra code- High Resolution 08d..."
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah I got a injector harness with a resistor pack soldered in, but I prefer to use my spare stock injector harness so I can do peak and hold.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2334 Previous topic | Next topic