Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2261
View in linear mode

Subject: "Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software." Previous topic | Next topic
BlackMagicJul-23-06 02:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2261, "Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
Jul-23-06 02:29 PM by BlackMagic

I got a DB9 connector from pccables.com, tried to hook it up to the laptop and it won't make the connection with portfueler. I open up split second and I can't click on anything except new customer or open old customer. Any ideas at what the problem is? I really need to get this goin so I can get rid of this damn 9:1 A/F, I need to make some power.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software., Teamner947, Jul-23-06 05:06 PM, #1
RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software., BlackMagic, Jul-23-06 05:39 PM, #2
      RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software., Teamner947, Jul-24-06 04:14 AM, #3
           RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software., BlackMagic, Jul-24-06 06:23 AM, #4
                RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software., BlackMagic, Jul-24-06 04:33 PM, #5
                     RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software., BlackMagic, Jul-24-06 06:21 PM, #6
                          RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software., BlackMagic, Jul-26-06 04:38 AM, #7
                               RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software., Teamner947, Jul-26-06 04:57 AM, #8
                                    RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software., BlackMagic, Jul-26-06 08:44 AM, #9

Teamner947Jul-23-06 05:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2264, "RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
In response to Reply # 0

Have you successfully connected to it with a different cable? Maybe you got a null modem cable...

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlackMagicJul-23-06 05:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2265, "RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-23-06 07:07 PM by BlackMagic

I haven't been able to connect with it at all, though this is the only cable I have tried. Do you have a link of the cable I should be getting?

*form follows function*

Teamner947Jul-24-06 04:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#2267, "RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
In response to Reply # 2
Jul-24-06 04:16 AM by ner947

It should be a standard RS232/DB9 cable. You can get them at Shit Shack, Best Buy, Fry's, even Staples or Office Depot should have them. If it says "null modem" on it, the transmit and recieve lines are crossed, kind of like an uplink/crossover cable for a LAN. Null modem cables are usually used for connecting 2 computers directly over a serial port, which is of course obselete.

1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)

BlackMagicJul-24-06 06:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2268, "RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
In response to Reply # 3

Alright cool I'll check that out today!

*form follows function*

BlackMagicJul-24-06 04:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2269, "RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
In response to Reply # 4

By the way does anyone have a good map set up with around my same mods? My mods are in my DSM registry in my sig.

*form follows function*

BlackMagicJul-24-06 06:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2270, "RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
In response to Reply # 5

Well I went to radio shack and got a new wire, still doesn't work. I don't see any null modem on it or anything. I got a shielded RS-232C Male DB9 to Female DB9. Is there anything else it could be? If it wasn't powered up right it wouldn't even run the injectors would it?

*form follows function*

BlackMagicJul-26-06 04:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2287, "RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
In response to Reply # 6

Anyone know?

*form follows function*

Teamner947Jul-26-06 04:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#2288, "RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
In response to Reply # 7

Are you using a real serial port? Or do you have one of those USB to serial converters?

1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)

BlackMagicJul-26-06 08:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2292, "RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software."
In response to Reply # 8

9pin to 9pin DB9 both sides.

*form follows function*

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2261 Previous topic | Next topic