Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectHaving some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2261
2261, Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got a DB9 connector from pccables.com, tried to hook it up to the laptop and it won't make the connection with portfueler. I open up split second and I can't click on anything except new customer or open old customer. Any ideas at what the problem is? I really need to get this goin so I can get rid of this damn 9:1 A/F, I need to make some power.
2264, RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Have you successfully connected to it with a different cable? Maybe you got a null modem cable...
2265, RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
I haven't been able to connect with it at all, though this is the only cable I have tried. Do you have a link of the cable I should be getting?
2267, RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
It should be a standard RS232/DB9 cable. You can get them at Shit Shack, Best Buy, Fry's, even Staples or Office Depot should have them. If it says "null modem" on it, the transmit and recieve lines are crossed, kind of like an uplink/crossover cable for a LAN. Null modem cables are usually used for connecting 2 computers directly over a serial port, which is of course obselete.
2268, RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
Alright cool I'll check that out today!
2269, RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
By the way does anyone have a good map set up with around my same mods? My mods are in my DSM registry in my sig.
2270, RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
Well I went to radio shack and got a new wire, still doesn't work. I don't see any null modem on it or anything. I got a shielded RS-232C Male DB9 to Female DB9. Is there anything else it could be? If it wasn't powered up right it wouldn't even run the injectors would it?
2287, RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
Anyone know?
2288, RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
Are you using a real serial port? Or do you have one of those USB to serial converters?
2292, RE: Having some trouble with portfueler/split second software.
9pin to 9pin DB9 both sides.
I generated this page in 0.010622978210449 seconds, executing 7 queries.