Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1391
View in linear mode

Subject: "Greddy E-manage" Previous topic | Next topic
OneHowtDSMSep-23-05 03:09 PM
Member since May 28th 2005
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1391, "Greddy E-manage"

Well I've searched and come up with no real answer...I need to know how to install a Greddy E-manage on my car, I've had the E-manage sitting in my back seat for a couple weeks now but the car has started acting up and needs to be tuned badly so I was gonna install it but I would like some instructions on how to first thanks alot

1999 Turbo Eclipse GS T3/T4 .60 trim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Greddy E-manage, OneHowtDSM, Sep-24-05 03:38 AM, #1
RE: Greddy E-manage, OneHowtDSM, Sep-29-05 02:29 AM, #2
      RE: Greddy E-manage, Teamner947, Sep-29-05 04:35 PM, #3
           RE: Greddy E-manage, OneHowtDSM, Sep-29-05 05:01 PM, #4
                RE: Greddy E-manage, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-30-05 10:58 AM, #5
                     RE: Greddy E-manage, OneHowtDSM, Sep-30-05 11:45 AM, #6
                          RE: Greddy E-manage, RxR_Eclipse, Sep-30-05 07:41 PM, #7

OneHowtDSMSep-24-05 03:38 AM
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1392, "RE: Greddy E-manage"
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone? Cananyone help me? I also have been debating on where to install it....can I have your oppinions on that?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

OneHowtDSMSep-29-05 02:29 AM
10 posts,
#1431, "RE: Greddy E-manage"
In response to Reply # 1

Well since no one has still helped me apparently no one knows....you can't even give me some suggestions as where to mount it? No one has an E-manage?

Teamner947Sep-29-05 04:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1437, "RE: Greddy E-manage"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by OneHowtDSM
Well since no one has still helped me apparently no one knows....you can't even give me some suggestions as where to mount it? No one has an E-manage?

You mean the display? It's a box like thing with a LCD, right? I'm sure there is a mounting point on the back like a hole or something that a bolt can fit into. Make a bracket and bolt it to something stable... this is not very difficult.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you can't find a decent place to mount the thing and figure out how to bolt it in then you should probably shell out the cash and bring it to someone who knows what they are doing.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

OneHowtDSMSep-29-05 05:01 PM
10 posts,
#1438, "RE: Greddy E-manage"
In response to Reply # 3

That's not what I ment, no it doesn't have a display, a lep top plugs into it...I know how to mount it just trying to think of where...whould I run lines all the way to hount it under my dash so I can plug the lap top into it easier...mount it next to my existing ecu etc. etc. I could figure it out myself but I'd like some insite before I jump into something like that

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-30-05 10:58 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1440, "RE: Greddy E-manage"
In response to Reply # 4

You are makig a big deal out of nothing. If someone opinion on where to mount it stops you from installing it then you should not install it. With that being said........

Put it under your radio and give up the pocket that is there now. Make a nice little cover plate so you can access the usb port for your cable. As far as how to wire it.......read the instructions i am sure they detail how to wire/install it. I havent installed one so i cant help you there. There are only 2 peopel on this board that i know that have installed one. One guy sold his car and the other guy is way too busy with work and hardly makes it on here.

Other places to mount;
under seats
in trunk
under dash

Terry

OneHowtDSMSep-30-05 11:45 AM
10 posts,
#1441, "RE: Greddy E-manage"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
You are makig a big deal out of nothing. If someone opinion on where to mount it stops you from installing it then you should not install it. With that being said........ Put it under your radio and give up the pocket that is there now. Make a nice little cover plate so you can access the usb port for your cable. As far as how to wire it.......read the instructions i am sure they detail how to wire/install it. I havent installed one so i cant help you there. There are only 2 peopel on this board that i know that have installed one. One guy sold his car and the other guy is way too busy with work and hardly makes it on here. Other places to mount; under seats in trunk under dash Terry

Alright thanks alot...People's oppinions don't affect wether I install it or not I just wanted new suggestions thanks though

RxR_EclipseSep-30-05 07:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#1442, "RE: Greddy E-manage"
In response to Reply # 6

Under the passenger seat. That is where I put my MS.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1391 Previous topic | Next topic