Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectGreddy E-manage
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1391
1391, Greddy E-manage
Posted by OneHowtDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I've searched and come up with no real answer...I need to know how to install a Greddy E-manage on my car, I've had the E-manage sitting in my back seat for a couple weeks now but the car has started acting up and needs to be tuned badly so I was gonna install it but I would like some instructions on how to first thanks alot
1392, RE: Greddy E-manage
Anyone? Cananyone help me? I also have been debating on where to install it....can I have your oppinions on that?
1431, RE: Greddy E-manage
Well since no one has still helped me apparently no one knows....you can't even give me some suggestions as where to mount it? No one has an E-manage?
1437, RE: Greddy E-manage
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by OneHowtDSM
Well since no one has still helped me apparently no one knows....you can't even give me some suggestions as where to mount it? No one has an E-manage?

You mean the display? It's a box like thing with a LCD, right? I'm sure there is a mounting point on the back like a hole or something that a bolt can fit into. Make a bracket and bolt it to something stable... this is not very difficult.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you can't find a decent place to mount the thing and figure out how to bolt it in then you should probably shell out the cash and bring it to someone who knows what they are doing.
1438, RE: Greddy E-manage
That's not what I ment, no it doesn't have a display, a lep top plugs into it...I know how to mount it just trying to think of where...whould I run lines all the way to hount it under my dash so I can plug the lap top into it easier...mount it next to my existing ecu etc. etc. I could figure it out myself but I'd like some insite before I jump into something like that
1440, RE: Greddy E-manage
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You are makig a big deal out of nothing. If someone opinion on where to mount it stops you from installing it then you should not install it. With that being said........

Put it under your radio and give up the pocket that is there now. Make a nice little cover plate so you can access the usb port for your cable. As far as how to wire it.......read the instructions i am sure they detail how to wire/install it. I havent installed one so i cant help you there. There are only 2 peopel on this board that i know that have installed one. One guy sold his car and the other guy is way too busy with work and hardly makes it on here.

Other places to mount;
under seats
in trunk
under dash

Terry
1441, RE: Greddy E-manage
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
You are makig a big deal out of nothing. If someone opinion on where to mount it stops you from installing it then you should not install it. With that being said........ Put it under your radio and give up the pocket that is there now. Make a nice little cover plate so you can access the usb port for your cable. As far as how to wire it.......read the instructions i am sure they detail how to wire/install it. I havent installed one so i cant help you there. There are only 2 peopel on this board that i know that have installed one. One guy sold his car and the other guy is way too busy with work and hardly makes it on here. Other places to mount; under seats in trunk under dash Terry

Alright thanks alot...People's oppinions don't affect wether I install it or not I just wanted new suggestions thanks though
1442, RE: Greddy E-manage
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Under the passenger seat. That is where I put my MS.
I generated this page in 0.013427019119263 seconds, executing 7 queries.