Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1809
View in linear mode

Subject: "AutoTune for the MS" Previous topic | Next topic
DJ420aMar-02-06 05:04 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1809, "AutoTune for the MS"

Has anybody used it? Specifically for our cars?

Ive been trying to find some kind of tutorial or something with no luck. Anybody know of a link?

TIA as always
DJ

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-06-06 02:29 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1834, "RE: AutoTune for the MS"
In response to Reply # 0

Dino Tried it and it helped him around the 4k range I think it was. I tried it and wasnt impressed. I prefer MStweak and Log viewer to tune with.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamner947Mar-06-06 02:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1835, "RE: AutoTune for the MS"
In response to Reply # 1

I haven't tried it yet, but then again my car has been down since October.

IMO the best way to tune is on a dyno. The next best thing is to have someone drive while you are sitting shotgun with a laptop taking data and watching MT.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

RxR_EclipseMar-06-06 08:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#1836, "RE: AutoTune for the MS"
In response to Reply # 2

I have had great luck with the .vex me program.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

DJ420aMar-08-06 05:46 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
#1837, "RE: AutoTune for the MS"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah, I wish one of these F@CKING datalogging programs would work for me.

The prob Im having with the .Vex program will only bring up my .vex files and not my AFR tables. I dont know if there supposed to be .vex or .xls files.

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1809 Previous topic | Next topic