Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1748
View in linear mode

Subject: "Req Fuel" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-14-06 08:59 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1748, "Req Fuel"

Can someone explain why we are not using the req fuel calculator and just estimating the required fuel for our injectors? I have always just accepted it but now it makes me wonder why we are questioning the built in formulas.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Req Fuel, Ready4Dis, Jan-15-06 09:24 AM, #1
RE: Req Fuel, Teamdougie2, Jan-15-06 09:37 AM, #2
RE: Req Fuel, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-15-06 12:23 PM, #3
      RE: Req Fuel, Ready4Dis, Jan-16-06 05:36 AM, #4
           RE: Req Fuel, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-16-06 12:34 PM, #5
                RE: Req Fuel, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-18-06 08:16 PM, #6
                     RE: Req Fuel, DJ420a, Mar-02-06 05:07 PM, #7
                          RE: Req Fuel, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-02-06 07:38 PM, #8
                               RE: Req Fuel, DJ420a, Mar-03-06 06:16 PM, #9
                                    RE: Req Fuel, Teamner947, Mar-05-06 10:06 AM, #10
                                         RE: Req Fuel, DJ420a, Mar-05-06 02:55 PM, #11

Ready4DisJan-15-06 09:24 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2004
48 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1749, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 0

I am using the value that was calculated if it makes you feel any better . It really doesn't make that big of a difference though, because if you set a req_fuel value to high, you set your VE values a bit lower, if you set your req_fuel value low, you set your VE a bit higher. I think the point is to get your VE values (not including boost) to be under or around 100% at peak. I know using the built in value for req_fuel, without including boosted areas, my VE maxes at around 70% (going from memory). If I changed my req_fuel down a bit, I could get that right up to the 100% mark and simply scale my VE table (it has built in functionality to do this). I don't really know why people don't use the default value, but once my wideband gets here and I can better tune this thing, I'll let you know if I find out any reasons to change said value .

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamdougie2Jan-15-06 09:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#1750, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 0

The reason why everyone is using a non-standard REQ_FUEL value is because that's what MRSLICK had in the MSQ files that he posted.

I use MegaTune calculated REQ_FUEL values in all my installations. This way, when you install a different set of injectors, all you have to due is adjust your REQ_FUEL and enrichment settings. If you use a non-standard REQ_FUEL value, then you have to guess.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-15-06 12:23 PM
8331 posts,
#1751, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 2

this is interesting........2 years of screwing around because MrSlick said so. Ugh back to the basics.

Ready4DisJan-16-06 05:36 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2004
48 posts,
#1752, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 3

Well, at least me and dougie2 are using the req_fuel that Megatune calculates . This way, when I replace my injectors, I can use the built in functionality to scale the VE table accordingly, otherwise you'd have to figure out how much to scale it by with either a bit more math, or a bit more manual tuning .

RxR_EclipseJan-16-06 12:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#1753, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 4

when i just tested it, it was only .1 off from what I had entered...went from 7.3 to 7.2, guess it was close enough...

Kevin
The old:

The new:

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-18-06 08:16 PM
8331 posts,
#1757, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 5

Works just fine thanks guys.

DJ420aMar-02-06 05:07 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
#1810, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 6

You guys are talkin about what MrSlick said to put in? Now you have me wondering if this is part of my probs. He had/has mine set at 11.0 and Im only running 4G 450cc's.

Does this sound right?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-02-06 07:38 PM
8331 posts,
#1811, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 7

Use the fuel calc located in MT. IT works fine. I have been retuning mine and it is working out fine. I also updated code so i cant be sure but i get a much better idle as well. I can idle smoothly at 15.5 AFR.

Start over. Any info you are following from Slick was not 100% accurate.

you numbers are wrong i can tell you that! my 550's are 6.4 and 450's should be 7.4

Terry

DJ420aMar-03-06 06:16 PM
1219 posts,
#1819, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Use the fuel calc located in MT. IT works fine. I have been retuning mine and it is working out fine. I also updated code so i cant be sure but i get a much better idle as well. I can idle smoothly at 15.5 AFR. Start over. Any info you are following from Slick was not 100% accurate. you numbers are wrong i can tell you that! my 550's are 6.4 and 450's should be 7.4 Terry

Well then something is up, cuz I try to change to 7.4 and the car will not run at all. I even tried staring at 11.0 and tried to drop it by .5 increments and couldnt get below 10.5.

Now I dont know what I did, the car wants to run lean from 14.0 when I give it throttle in nuetral. WTF

Teamner947Mar-05-06 10:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1831, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by DJ420a
Now I dont know what I did, the car wants to run lean from 14.0 when I give it throttle in nuetral. WTF

When you change your required fuel value, you have to change a bunch of other things to like acceleration enrichment, etc...

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

DJ420aMar-05-06 02:55 PM
1219 posts,
#1832, "RE: Req Fuel"
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah, I figured that out last night. Wow theres soooo much to learn.

Thanx man

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1748 Previous topic | Next topic