Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1163
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need confirmation, and some questions...." Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Aug-13-05 05:54 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1163, "Need confirmation, and some questions...."

Sup guys.
After spending the last few days reading all the post here concerning the megasquirt, I have some questions....

First of, my car's fuel system is really out of hand.
Ever since I rebuilt my engine, my car's EGT is going NUTZ.
I thought I tune it ok. (in local my EGT don't go higher then 1472F.
But yesterday when I go to Highway. My EGT is NUTZ again, and I guess coz my EGT is constantly in the 15xx range, my coolant shoot to 230-240F. that's NUTZ!

Do you guys think Megasquirt can solve my problem? (remember, all the above issue happen to me EVEN I never boost my car)

Ok, I current have 31lb injectors, Walbro 255, SFMU, a 1995 eclipse, with missing link.

From what I read, I might prolly want to upgrade my injectors since megasquirt can return the static PSI to normal (43PSI), I can also keep my walbro. But how bout SFMU? do I use it? coz some people said using a regulator 1:1 FPR is what is needed. so do I use a SFMU?

Also, alot of people said they add a resistor and diode on their MAP sensor to fool the ECU, so do I still need my missing link as well?

Lastly, I believe I cannot buy it from Mr.Slick, so I guess I will just go get a unassemble kit and built it myself, but then those kit is not specificly designed for 420A Eclipse correct?

And from all the reading here, everyone uses the MS 2.2.
So if I buy now, I prefer to get MS v3, is that still the same? since it uses C code instead of assembly, can I still get things done or alot more complicated?

Thanks all!
I need to get some insight, because now, my car is NOT DRIVABLE!
I cannot even drive to fedex yesterday (10 miles away on highway) it took me 1.4 hrs coz I have to slow down to 30mph.....
Gil

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., Teamner947, Aug-13-05 09:10 PM, #1
RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-14-05 05:50 AM, #2
RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., gilee_8, Aug-14-05 05:58 AM, #4
RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., gilee_8, Aug-14-05 05:55 AM, #3
      RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., RxR_Eclipse, Aug-16-05 04:22 AM, #5
           RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., MCubed45, Sep-08-05 03:05 PM, #6
                RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., Teamdougie2, Sep-08-05 05:10 PM, #7

Teamner947Aug-13-05 09:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1167, "RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...."
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-13-05 09:11 PM by ner947

The Mainboard 2.2 is the old green colored board. The Mainboard 3.0 is blue and is better in almost every way, the best improvement being the flyback board, which is required to properly operate low impedance injectors is now integrated so a separate board is no longer needed. Currently, the popular "-extra" code, written in assembly, (which I run along with a lot of other people here) only runs on the MS1 processor, but from what I hear it will be easy to convert this code to the MS2 processor which should be released within the month (the processors are on backorder from Motorola from what I hear). The MS2 will definitely have its advantages like more on-board RAM which allows more complex code to be run, and an idle valve controller which should, in theory, be able to operate the factory idle valve.

You will want to use a 1:1 fuel pressure regulator with a MS. Bosch, Aeromotive, and AEM make some nice units. Your 310 cc/min injectors will only provide enough fuel to around 10 PSI depending on what kind of turbo you have.

Do you have a wideband yet? If you decide to get a MS, you will NEED to have one.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-14-05 05:50 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1168, "RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...."
In response to Reply # 1

Megasquirt alone isnt going to solve your problem, you will need a wideband as Nate said. Your EGT's are high due to rich or lean condition and possibly due to ignition timing. Megasquirt can be a solution; however, it will boil down to you being able to tune well. A wideband will be reqd to dojust that as well as hours of tungin and datalogging.

Terry

gilee_8Aug-14-05 05:58 AM
1441 posts,
#1170, "RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...."
In response to Reply # 2

Yes, I am going to get a wideband as well.
and if I read correctly, I can just get a wideband O2 sensor, then connect it to MSII to have it read the data correct? so I can save some money to get device to read the WBO2??

And as the other forum I am posting, I believe maybe my timing is off by a tooth or so?
coz it's like 8inHG (at worst time at idle)
But my idling RPM is still at 7-900RPM....
So I think the timing cause my EGT to be so high maybe?

Thanks again.
Gil

Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

gilee_8Aug-14-05 05:55 AM
1441 posts,
#1169, "RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...."
In response to Reply # 1

ok, I read alot more yesterday nite on the megasquirt forum.
And thanks for your info too!

So when I go for MSII with v3.0 (which I think I should get v3 instead of v2.2)
I will run only fuel for now then get sparks to work after.

I will have to sell my SFMU, sell the 31lb injectors, sell the missing link. Then get the MSII v3.0 and a set of 600cc injectors.

Am I correct?

And for the MegaSquirt. I been searching and reading for a while.
and I am still VERY CONFUSED at WHAT I need to buy?
I bascially want to use the megasquirt for everything (at the end) (after I get the fuel done first) like fuel, spark, fan, water injection, and other things you guys thinks is cool.

So what exactly do I need to get? (I want a MSII v3.0)

I am very lost!
I know I need the MegaSquirt-II with the v3.0 daughterboard, the case, then I want to get the STIM as well for v3.0
But then they saying the
MegaView partial kit - MVPKIT (optional),
FlyBack Board PCB - FLYBKPCB (optional), and/or
Relay Board PCB's - RELAYPCB (optional)

But I thought MSII v3.0 has Flyback and relay board built-in correct?
And I don't need MegaView if I use my laptop correct?

Also, in the ordering form, they saying the "PARTIAL KIT" like "MegaSquirt-II ECU Partial Kit with V3 Board" for $137. is that include everything above: MSII with v3.0 daughterboard with flyback and relay built in? so I just order the above, get the case and STIM and that's all I NEED to do the above?

And last question for the above setup, will the MAP sensor good enough?

Thanks all! I know this is long.
But I have little questions and confusion that make me so NOT SURE what to get and do!
Thanks again. now it's time for me to check the eclipse timing!
Gil

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

RxR_EclipseAug-16-05 04:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#1177, "RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...."
In response to Reply # 3

Gil here is all the parts I have to run my MSII. I know little to nothing on the MS v3 as I have not read up on it.
Terry built me a MSnS (thanks again Terry).
I bought the following things and then just put it all together in one day(not including the relay board and cable).
DSM 450CC injectors
Relay Kit
Flyback Board
Manifold Air Temp Sensor
Coolant Temp Sensor
6 spools of 14Ga wire, all different colors
2 spools of 12Ga wire, one red, one black
A new soldering iron and some solder

I also had to purchase a tap for the CTS and MAT, I can't remember the size but its huge and cost like 4 dollars. You will of course need a laptop as well.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

MCubed45Sep-08-05 03:05 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#1284, "RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...."
In response to Reply # 5

v3.0 board has FLYBACK board built in. relay board is still external. it's got ummm relays on it. and fuses. so yea it needs it's own board

-marc

Teamdougie2Sep-08-05 05:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#1288, "RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...."
In response to Reply # 6

You guys know that the MS-II doesn't have the 420A crank decoder, right?

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1163 Previous topic | Next topic