Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectNeed confirmation, and some questions....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1163&mesg_id=1163
1163, Need confirmation, and some questions....
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sup guys.
After spending the last few days reading all the post here concerning the megasquirt, I have some questions....

First of, my car's fuel system is really out of hand.
Ever since I rebuilt my engine, my car's EGT is going NUTZ.
I thought I tune it ok. (in local my EGT don't go higher then 1472F.
But yesterday when I go to Highway. My EGT is NUTZ again, and I guess coz my EGT is constantly in the 15xx range, my coolant shoot to 230-240F. that's NUTZ!

Do you guys think Megasquirt can solve my problem? (remember, all the above issue happen to me EVEN I never boost my car)

Ok, I current have 31lb injectors, Walbro 255, SFMU, a 1995 eclipse, with missing link.

From what I read, I might prolly want to upgrade my injectors since megasquirt can return the static PSI to normal (43PSI), I can also keep my walbro. But how bout SFMU? do I use it? coz some people said using a regulator 1:1 FPR is what is needed. so do I use a SFMU?

Also, alot of people said they add a resistor and diode on their MAP sensor to fool the ECU, so do I still need my missing link as well?

Lastly, I believe I cannot buy it from Mr.Slick, so I guess I will just go get a unassemble kit and built it myself, but then those kit is not specificly designed for 420A Eclipse correct?

And from all the reading here, everyone uses the MS 2.2.
So if I buy now, I prefer to get MS v3, is that still the same? since it uses C code instead of assembly, can I still get things done or alot more complicated?

Thanks all!
I need to get some insight, because now, my car is NOT DRIVABLE!
I cannot even drive to fedex yesterday (10 miles away on highway) it took me 1.4 hrs coz I have to slow down to 30mph.....
Gil
I generated this page in 0.0094280242919922 seconds, executing 6 queries.