Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #81634
View in linear mode

Subject: "Still getting shitty gas mileage ." Previous topic | Next topic
95redesiOct-12-04 11:18 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
328 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81634, "Still getting shitty gas mileage ."

Im still getting thta 30 miles to the 1/4 tank .. ihave a brand new o2 sensor and the cel light is NOT on . What could be the problem?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ., MCubed45, Oct-12-04 11:38 AM, #1
RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ., snufalufagus040, Oct-15-04 03:03 AM, #2
      RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ., injendsm, Oct-15-04 03:23 AM, #3
           RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ., Justin99RS, Oct-15-04 03:32 AM, #4
                RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ., snufalufagus040, Oct-15-04 05:02 AM, #5
                     RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ., snufalufagus040, Oct-21-04 02:55 PM, #6

MCubed45Oct-12-04 11:38 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81636, "RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ."
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-12-04 11:40 AM by MCubed45

ya but what kind've actual mileage are you getting? our fuel gauges aren't exactly all that accurate.

the next time you fill up divide your miles by the number of gallons on the pump (assuming you reset your mileage counter after the last fill-up).

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

snufalufagus040Oct-15-04 03:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
332 posts,
#81764, "RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ."
In response to Reply # 1

i'm having the same issue, along with really bad performance--stuttering, backfires, hesitation under 3k RPMs...

so far i've done fuel filter, pvc, O2 sensor, a couple of tanks w/ fuel injector cleaner in them. no CEL. just one day i got in, and it stuttered a little when i started it, and it's ran like crap since. i hope my compression isn't bad...

Custom CAI w/ extra large filter, Front strut tower brace, Rear sway bar, Brembo xDrilled & slotted rotors, Performance Friction pads, Greddy 4:1 header, Greddy SP cat back exhaust, Bridgestone Potenza RE950’s, VIS carbon fiber Hood & pins, Optima Red Top battery, Custom taillights and rear end mod

injendsmOct-15-04 03:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#81765, "RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ."
In response to Reply # 2

dont pay attention to the gauge because it is never right. fill your tank up completely and drive until the gas light comes on, you have roughly 40 miles left after that. then fill up again and divide the number of gallons it takes you to fill back up by the number of miles you drove on your last tank, or vice versa, and you will see how many miles you get to the gallon. im sure your mileage isnt as bad as you think it is.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Justin99RSOct-15-04 03:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#81766, "RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ."
In response to Reply # 3

my last trip home i got almost 37MPG...haha..now i can alter my cam setting and get about 22...so yea..

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

snufalufagus040Oct-15-04 05:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
332 posts,
#81767, "RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ."
In response to Reply # 4

same here... I always run my tank EMPTY, and then fill up. We're talking from ~ 400 mi per tank to getting about 220 now. At the same time, it started running like crap with the symptoms I've mentioned above. Something is definietely wrong with my car.

I'm thinking of doing plug wires and coil next, unless someone has any other ideas from me. I'm experiencing the same probs most have described here: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=49984&mesg_id=49984&page=

And here is the full history of my issue:

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=81202&mesg_id=81202&page=

Thanks guys.

Custom CAI w/ extra large filter, Front strut tower brace, Rear sway bar, Brembo xDrilled & slotted rotors, Performance Friction pads, Greddy 4:1 header, Greddy SP cat back exhaust, Bridgestone Potenza RE950’s, VIS carbon fiber Hood & pins, Optima Red Top battery, Custom taillights and rear end mod

snufalufagus040Oct-21-04 02:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
332 posts,
#82065, "RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage ."
In response to Reply # 5

K, changed my plugs, got 8.5mm wires, and new MSD coil pack. Car runs better than it ever had. Think I had a bad plug wire. I'm so glad I finally fixed this crap!

1999 GS OZ Edition

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #81634 Previous topic | Next topic