Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectStill getting shitty gas mileage .
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=81634
81634, Still getting shitty gas mileage .
Posted by 95redesi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im still getting thta 30 miles to the 1/4 tank .. ihave a brand new o2 sensor and the cel light is NOT on . What could be the problem?
81636, RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage .
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ya but what kind've actual mileage are you getting? our fuel gauges aren't exactly all that accurate.

the next time you fill up divide your miles by the number of gallons on the pump (assuming you reset your mileage counter after the last fill-up).
81764, RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage .
Posted by snufalufagus040, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm having the same issue, along with really bad performance--stuttering, backfires, hesitation under 3k RPMs...

so far i've done fuel filter, pvc, O2 sensor, a couple of tanks w/ fuel injector cleaner in them. no CEL. just one day i got in, and it stuttered a little when i started it, and it's ran like crap since. i hope my compression isn't bad... :(

Custom CAI w/ extra large filter, Front strut tower brace, Rear sway bar, Brembo xDrilled & slotted rotors, Performance Friction pads, Greddy 4:1 header, Greddy SP cat back exhaust, Bridgestone Potenza RE950’s, VIS carbon fiber Hood & pins, Optima Red Top battery, Custom taillights and rear end mod
81765, RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage .
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dont pay attention to the gauge because it is never right. fill your tank up completely and drive until the gas light comes on, you have roughly 40 miles left after that. then fill up again and divide the number of gallons it takes you to fill back up by the number of miles you drove on your last tank, or vice versa, and you will see how many miles you get to the gallon. im sure your mileage isnt as bad as you think it is.
81766, RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage .
Posted by Justin99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my last trip home i got almost 37MPG...haha..now i can alter my cam setting and get about 22...so yea..
81767, RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage .
same here... I always run my tank EMPTY, and then fill up. We're talking from ~ 400 mi per tank to getting about 220 now. At the same time, it started running like crap with the symptoms I've mentioned above. Something is definietely wrong with my car.

I'm thinking of doing plug wires and coil next, unless someone has any other ideas from me. I'm experiencing the same probs most have described here: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=49984&mesg_id=49984&page=

And here is the full history of my issue:

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=81202&mesg_id=81202&page=

Thanks guys.

Custom CAI w/ extra large filter, Front strut tower brace, Rear sway bar, Brembo xDrilled & slotted rotors, Performance Friction pads, Greddy 4:1 header, Greddy SP cat back exhaust, Bridgestone Potenza RE950’s, VIS carbon fiber Hood & pins, Optima Red Top battery, Custom taillights and rear end mod
82065, RE: Still getting shitty gas mileage .
K, changed my plugs, got 8.5mm wires, and new MSD coil pack. Car runs better than it ever had. Think I had a bad plug wire. I'm so glad I finally fixed this crap!

1999 GS OZ Edition

I generated this page in 0.011634826660156 seconds, executing 7 queries.