Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #44402
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story" Previous topic | Next topic
ezFeb-14-03 04:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44402, "New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
Feb-14-03 04:40 PM by ez

Update on the Modern Performance 60mm throttle body:

Well, here I am again prototyping new stuff for the 2gnt squad. After work I headed on over to simi valley to get the new 60mm throttle body tested. Kevin is the designer of the throttle body for MP (really nice guy) and he had the setup installed and ready in no time. He was suprised how much easier it was than the neon's 420a, b/c we have a throttle cable adjuster on the intake manifold. He showed me the stocker TB and was like "You should definately feel a difference compared to this." (FYI my stocker is 51.5 mm in diameter on the inlet - but that's not a true representation of the actual TB diameter. The inside of the cavity is somewhat beveled in, so it's actually quite smaller. Whereas the 60mm TB is 60mm all the way through) Anyways, after correction of the idle, I was off! I went to take it around the block to see if everything was working fine... and of course, how well...

There was a definate adjustment to make on how hard I pressed the gas, b/c when I first pulled out the car screamed forward. I was like oh damn! Throttle response is absolutely killer now. Just trying to get out of the parking lot was different. I burned out trying to make my way over a speed bump.

Eventually, I get out of the parking lot to the street, accelerate briefly but there was too much traffic to do much. At the first light I make a right, and did what any normal guy does when you have just installed a performance part. I punched it and the car absolutely rocketed. Can I just say wow? It took off SO quickly (I attribute that to the quickened throttle response) and had top end like crazy. Mind you, I was using the stock intake tubing! Felt like a different car. I have a whole new respect for you guys who were talking about what a good mod this would make. You were dead on!

I then notice something chilling in the rear view. So on the very first street I make a right. The car behind me follows. That's right boys and girls, the popo is already on the mitsubishi. Mind you, I didn't even go around the whole block yet - I wasn't even 25% around the block with this thing on my car and I'm already busted. Damnit!
So now I'm making another right, and the popo follows. He doesn't have his lights on but I know he's after me. After I accelerated like that (and I know how mean the magnaflow sounds when I do that) I knew I grabbed everyones attention on the street including his. I'm in a business park kind of area so I'm keeping it at a granny 25mph, and he gets closer and closer. I keep checking the speedo to make sure I don't go past 30. Thinking to myself "lookie, I'm only going 25, he's gotta know I'm okay, he won't pull me over." I make one more right and I'm back in the parking lot where I started. He follows me in and I park in on of the spaces. I'm like "damnit!" and some 30something guy in the parking lot looks at me shaking his head "Not your day huh." I shake my head no. Popo pulls up behind me, I look at my window and he looks out his. Conversation goes like this:

popo (scowls) -"Slow it down!"

me (very angelically)- "Yes sir."

popo - " Slow. IT. Down."

me - "Yes sir."

That's right. Popo said 6 words. I said 4. And he pulls away. Never even gets out of his car. . The 30something guy in the parking lot comes up to me and said "They never have anything better to do huh? Go find a donut shop a-hole." I just starting busting up b/c I'm so happy I get off clean. I go back to the shop trying to be very careful so I don't peal out in the lot as the officer is just leaving, and of course I'm still not used to the TB yet so my car screams again as the popo is just leaving the parking lot. Just one last shot of adrenaline.

On the way home the car constantly felt like it was eager to get somewhere. It was pouring rain over here so I just kept it easy, but the car felt so peppy that it was hard to resist pushing down the throttle. I'm used to the feel now though so I won't be ruining any tires in parking lots again. I came across this wacked ass NSX on the interstate 10 (OMG it was destroyed - big wing in the back, body kit coming off, I noticed at least 3 different kind of wheels on it one of which was a lemon yellow 14", and broken tail lights) so I figured it might be an old 1990 that probably runs as bad as it looks so I tried to play with it. Yea I know don't say it, but I was filling very brave with my car now. Anyways he didn't bite. Damn, would have been good for conversation about this TB.

Anyways, bottom line is - you guys are going to be very impressed with this mod. VERY noticable difference. The TB's in red/blue definately look blingbling (check out the neon TBs below, similar to ours) and this is a company I've heard very good things about.

Ha - no more modding Jeep TBs for us!!!

I can't wait to try this with the AEM V2 - all motor here baby!

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, babybeclipse, Feb-14-03 05:37 PM, #1
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-14-03 06:20 PM, #2
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, Teamdougie2, Feb-14-03 07:22 PM, #3
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, KSeclipse, Feb-14-03 08:23 PM, #4
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body, Caribeno, Feb-14-03 11:04 PM, #5
      RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body, My9t5Talon, Feb-15-03 12:19 AM, #6
           RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body, thegame, Feb-15-03 02:10 AM, #7
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, ez, Feb-15-03 09:29 AM, #8
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, jdpilot, Feb-15-03 09:43 AM, #9
      RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, FuSi0N, Feb-15-03 10:27 AM, #10
           RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, soulcontroller, Feb-15-03 10:34 AM, #11
                RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, jerseystyle1, Feb-15-03 03:38 PM, #12
                     RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, FnNitWit81, Feb-15-03 03:57 PM, #13
                          RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, KLIPZED, Feb-15-03 04:12 PM, #14
                               RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, ez, Feb-15-03 04:45 PM, #15
                                    RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, honcal98rs, Feb-15-03 05:18 PM, #16
                                         RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, LunarEclipse, Feb-16-03 08:15 AM, #17
                                              RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, BuDDyLeE, Feb-16-03 09:39 AM, #18
                                                   RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, 97eclipseRS, Feb-16-03 10:06 AM, #19
                                                        RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, FnNitWit81, Feb-16-03 11:23 AM, #20
                                                             RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, tdquiksilver, Feb-16-03 12:06 PM, #21
                                                                  RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, HadesOmega, Feb-16-03 10:29 PM, #22
                                                                       RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, LunarEclipse, Feb-16-03 11:16 PM, #23
                                                                            RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, ez, Feb-17-03 12:35 PM, #24
                                                                                 RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, jamesman, Feb-17-03 02:51 PM, #25
                                                                                 RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, SonicYan, Feb-17-03 03:19 PM, #26
                                                                                      RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, Jasvb TS2K2, Feb-17-03 04:56 PM, #27
                                                                                           RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, Caribeno, Feb-17-03 08:13 PM, #28
                                                                                                RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, TeamMetalJim, Feb-17-03 08:38 PM, #29
                                                                                                RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, LunarEclipse, Feb-17-03 08:40 PM, #30
                                                                                                     RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, pn0ymahal, Feb-18-03 03:18 PM, #31
                                                                                                          RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, berzerkled, Feb-18-03 06:01 PM, #32
                                                                                                               RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, ez, Feb-19-03 10:17 AM, #33
                                                                                                                    RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, 97eclipseRS, Feb-19-03 12:28 PM, #34
                                                                                                                         RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, pensport, Feb-19-03 06:29 PM, #35
                                                                                                                              RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, Kiku, Feb-19-03 06:46 PM, #36
                                                                                                                                   RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-20-03 06:30 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                        RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, tim97rs, Feb-20-03 07:14 AM, #38
                                                                                                                                        RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, BlakeW5, Feb-20-03 07:27 AM, #39
                                                                                                                                        RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, ez, Feb-20-03 05:58 PM, #40
                                                                                                                                        RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, jerseystyle1, Feb-20-03 06:46 PM, #41
                                                                                                                                        RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, Teametx, Feb-21-03 04:44 AM, #42
                                                                                 RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, raul, Feb-21-03 12:00 PM, #43
                                                                                      RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, KLIPZED, Feb-21-03 02:01 PM, #44
                                                                                           RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, indyrace85, Feb-21-03 02:33 PM, #45
                                                                                                RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, FnNitWit81, Feb-21-03 05:10 PM, #46
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, senseiturtle, Feb-21-03 07:50 PM, #47
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, 97eclipseRS, Feb-21-03 08:06 PM, #48
      RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, NicksDSM, Feb-22-03 06:58 AM, #49
           RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, 1TuffRS, Feb-22-03 08:30 AM, #50
                RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, ez, Mar-02-03 12:19 PM, #51
                     RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, Jasvb TS2K2, Mar-02-03 01:56 PM, #52
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, imptrcr96, Mar-04-03 04:32 PM, #53
RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, tireg, Mar-04-03 05:28 PM, #54
      RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, WickedESi, Mar-05-03 07:44 AM, #55
           RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, tim97rs, Mar-05-03 04:17 PM, #56
                RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, NicksDSM, Mar-08-03 06:35 AM, #57
                     RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, frmrkiaownr, Mar-11-03 06:49 PM, #58
                          RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, tim97rs, Mar-12-03 02:35 PM, #59
                               RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, frmrkiaownr, Mar-12-03 06:18 PM, #60
                                    RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, NicksDSM, Mar-13-03 09:23 AM, #61
                                         RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, imptrcr96, Mar-13-03 02:55 PM, #62
                                              RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story, KidEvo, Mar-14-03 07:49 PM, #63

babybeclipseFeb-14-03 05:37 PM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44408, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll take the polished one when the price is released

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSFeb-14-03 06:20 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44411, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn, they look nice. I wonder how well they will work with a turbo
Any info on the price for them?? How long till they are released for sale?

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Teamdougie2Feb-14-03 07:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#44413, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 2

That's cool that someone is making billet 60mm throttle bodys. It's nice to see more parts coming out for 2GNT's.

Here are some pics of my throttle body. It's very similar to these but it was machined by a different place. Just thought you guys would like some pics....

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

KSeclipseFeb-14-03 08:23 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
899 posts,
#44418, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 0

hell yeah man, great review post, i can't wait to get a red one!!!!

Nos Fogger Kit,AemCAI, TopFuel UDP, pacesetter cat-back, ARD bored 57mm t.b., P&P intake mani, Ractive front/rear strut bars,rear tie bar,eibach sportlines,tokico blues, morosso wires, ngkIX plugs, konig subzeros,proj. heads,gunmetal tails, rev.indiglow gauges,reverse light mod

CaribenoFeb-14-03 11:04 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2002
123 posts,
#44429, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body"
In response to Reply # 4

Definately post price and availability as soon as you get that info please.

Texas

My9t5TalonFeb-15-03 12:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#44434, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body"
In response to Reply # 5

2 questions about these...

1. Will a NeuSpeed bar clear these?
2. Is any one planning to do a dyno to compare them...to say a stock TB, a 55mm TB, and one of these? (on a stock engine, or one that just has an intake)???

They do look great though!!!

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

thegameFeb-15-03 02:10 AM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
#44435, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body"
In response to Reply # 6

will these work if your turbod? if so, will it raise the boost any? or does it just increase throttle response?

ezFeb-15-03 09:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#44451, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 0

Word from David at MP:
"Units should be available within 2-3 weeks and a tenative price has been set for $219.99. "

Hell yes this will work with a turbo. Much more cross-sectional area at WOT should help out flow. As for the strut bar - I don't see why they wouldn't work together, but I can't tell for sure. Post a pic of the bar you are referring to. I don't have the stocker on me right now, but when I get that I'll compare the exterior dimensions and see if the top/front is any different. If they are relatively the same then there shouldn't be any issue with a strut bar.

jdpilotFeb-15-03 09:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#44452, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 8

And I was just getting ready to place an order from Howell w/tax money. I am holding off now. For 219.99, I'll take a polished one when they are ready!!!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

FuSi0NFeb-15-03 10:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#44453, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 9

EZ, Im assuming that your intake manifold port inlet is still stock and not overbored to match 60mm. Also how difficult was the install, any issues with reconnecting the throttle cable?

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

soulcontrollerFeb-15-03 10:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#44454, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 10

lets get a group buy together! hehe, theres plenty of people wanting one.

jerseystyle1Feb-15-03 03:38 PM
3135 posts,
#44470, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 11

Hell ya, I'd take one!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

FnNitWit81Feb-15-03 03:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1861 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44471, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 12

I make the jeep Throttle Bodies....I'm a buy on of these...lol

I like the way they look and let me tell you something when you have P&P intake to go with 60MM TB it's CRAZY like driving a different, newer, better car!!!

Well I'm down for a group buy, put me on the list...let's make one up now so that in two weeks we are ready...No waiting and it looks good for the group.

P.S. i can still make Jeep TB for those not wanting to spend that much money money.

KLIPZEDFeb-15-03 04:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#44472, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 13

well ill take someones old jepp TB if there gettin a new one...otherwaise...ill add it to the long wish list

Walker
95 Minden Silver Klipz GS A/T
One day my car will be in one piece
AEM CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, Ported TB, Pro-Kit w/ Tociko Blues, 17" Excel TZ-7s(Gunmetal),SilverNT's rear carpet kit(lovin it), Interfire 1200w amp pushin 2 kicker comp 12's

ezFeb-15-03 04:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#44476, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 14

>>Im assuming that your intake manifold port inlet is still stock and not overbored to match 60mm

Ha ha, you don't know how many people have asked me that already. I haven't done anything (yet) to the intake manifold. After hearing FnNitWit81 back up what I've thought already, that will be coming soon...

As for difficulty for putting on the TB, all you need is an opposable thumb. Really simple to do. Having a second person to push down the gas so you can check the range of the TB is definate help, so ask somebody in the house for 30 seconds of their time. Then you have to set the idle. The first time we just guessed it, and the car started then died. Kevin adjusted it once and then I restarted it - perfect! The only issue is going to be taking some of the screws out from our old TB's. I don't know why, but some of those suckers are absolutely frozen in place. In fact, I have two broken screws now on my old TB so that's why I don't have it on hand right now. Kevin's gonna dremel it for me and then mail it back. So it may be worth it just to make a run to Home Depot and get a couple screws in case they give you difficulty. As for the MP TB, not a single issue came up with it's setup or adjustment. One of the quickest/easiest mods I think for a car, barring a CAI install!

Any more questions, just post em

honcal98rsFeb-15-03 05:18 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2002
296 posts,
#44478, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 15

Group Buy or not, I'll buy one!

Brian

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

Mods: Airbox modification, NGK-BKR5E spark plugs. There was a filter at the end of the stock intake pipe, but i ran over it

LunarEclipseFeb-16-03 08:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#44505, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 16

I want one, a red one, and Harry I want it by tonite...or 2-3 weeks thats cool too

That is exactly what I wanted ARD to do for me. Port and polish the intake manifold runners and make it 60mm to match the throttle body. Does anyone know if ARD will do this for me? Also, how do you adjust the idle? I need some steps so I don't get into trouble.

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

BuDDyLeEFeb-16-03 09:39 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2003
74 posts,
#44513, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 17

im sooooo in.
red or polished i dunno.
i guess it depends on the CAI color i get....

group buy or no group buy. $220 is a great price.

97eclipseRSFeb-16-03 10:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#44516, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 18

i'm in for one too...group buy would be great though

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

FnNitWit81Feb-16-03 11:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1861 posts,
#44525, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 19

I'm in !!!

ARD was suppost to get back to me the other day about a total price...they told me around 80 to P&P the intake...I'm gonn afind out soon...the thing they said was they nee gasket to match it up right.

let's get a list goingfor people wanting group buys.

tdquiksilverFeb-16-03 12:06 PM
Member since Jan 10th 2003
25 posts,
#44532, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 20

Definately put me down for one! My 420A will be in love

HadesOmegaFeb-16-03 10:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#44579, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 21
Feb-16-03 10:37 PM by HadesOmega

HMM I just got the engine out of my car it would be really nice to plop a 60MM TB on there and port it out to match how much is this gonna cost please don't let it be a lot, haha I don't want anymore down time than I want, crap if I had 300 bux I'd get a phantom grip

I saw our stock TB its weak haha, it as small as the one in my Z

oh yeah is there a lotta clearance between the TB and the firewall? You think it'll fit with a Neuspeed strut bar?

lemme know how you do on the mileage also next time you fill up

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

LunarEclipseFeb-16-03 11:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#44582, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 22

yeah that is one thing, the gas that the car needs to match the new incoming air, let us know ez

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

ezFeb-17-03 12:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#44625, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 23

Adjusting the idle is not hard, it's just a little screw that you play with. You also should check the tension of the throttle cable with somebody pushing all the way down on the pedal. You don't want it too tight or you'll snap the cable.

As for gas mileage, haven't filled up yet. I'm thinking it should be about the same. Freeway maybe it'll be a little more efficient due to the straight through design (unlike the stocker which is beveled in). In the city, probably a little worse b/c it's akin to pressing down the throttle harder on the old tb. That's all theory though, we should see how it goes. I got 430 to the tank before this and we'll see how it compares.

I saw in a previous post they may be intending to just make them in polished silver. I see that a lot of you are big on getting a red one, so I passed on that information to MP. Let them know you're interest so we can get you the color you want. Honestly, I love my silver one - and it doesn't scream at you as you open the hood - which is what I'm after! with my luck, I need to be able to say "no sir, that's my stock tb."

jamesmanFeb-17-03 02:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#44632, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 24

I want one, plain silver, lemme know when they are availiable. i'm ready to buy any time.
lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

SonicYanFeb-17-03 03:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#44635, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 25

^^^ Man, this guy. "Anytime"... Wish I could say that. But that looks cool tho. I might get one come work time. Cuz that's pretty much the only thing that I might change on my engine, plus a header and that's it. Then gotta get some brakes and a clutch. We will see.

P.S. Hey Eric, how come u get to do all this prototype thingies? Hook me up too with ppl that wanna test out things on my car.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

Jasvb TS2K2Feb-17-03 04:56 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
1419 posts,
#44642, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 26

Does it come with sensors or do you use the stock sensors? Man my budget is already gone for this year but if it goes thru, I might have to "charge it to the game". I'll find a way to be in.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasvbts2k2

CaribenoFeb-17-03 08:13 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2002
123 posts,
#44654, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 27

Definately put me down for a group buy if there is one. Either way I'll be buying one. Thanks for all the info so far EZ

Texas

TeamMetalJimFeb-17-03 08:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#44655, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 28

It's about time that someone's actually making a 60 for us. 60mm simply kicks ass.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

LunarEclipseFeb-17-03 08:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#44656, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 28

yeah thats right, you havent said anything about the sensors, do ours just hook right up and what about the gasket, is that included? tia

www.artexmusic.com

pn0ymahalFeb-18-03 03:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#44718, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 30

ahh james, this is the tb you told me about. well if i get one it will be plain silver, and if the price goes down for a group buy. just maybe.
hehe
Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

berzerkledFeb-18-03 06:01 PM
Member since Nov 16th 2002
187 posts,
#44736, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 31

is it a must to get the manifold p&p'd? will i still notice a big difference if i got this and didn't get a p&p done?
also my obx strut bar barely clears the stock tb as it is, how are strut bars going to be able to clear this thing??

ezFeb-19-03 10:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#44815, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 32

The TB uses all your stock sensors. You just plug them in to the new one. The screws I was referring to that broke off the old tb were the sensor screws (as I recall) so the screws had to be replaced.

I've asked Modern Performance if they will include the gasket. I'll get back to you when I find out.

Also, FYI outlet diameter on TBs
The factory is 2.36"
The New one is 2.56"

just in case you need to figure out CAI outlet sizes, if ya need an adapter or something.

>>>Either way I'll be buying one. Thanks for all the info so far EZ.

Hey, I do what I can for the 2gnt team. This site is all about hooking each other up with insights, info, hookups, and sometimes emotional support! You all don't know just how much you've helped me figure out my car.

97eclipseRSFeb-19-03 12:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#44830, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 33

that's the other thing i was wondering...what modifications to intake piping need to be done? what intake are you using? also, is it still worth it if the intake mani is not ported where it meets the tb?

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

pensportFeb-19-03 06:29 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
15 posts,
#44866, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 34

so i cant buy the one made for the neon i have seen these for sale...or they making one for the eclipse....i want a polished one!
let me know how to get one...thanks

KikuFeb-19-03 06:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
#44867, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 35
Feb-19-03 06:47 PM by Kiku

DAng man i'm just gonna go broke lol so much to buy, not enough money hahaha

Count me in....i'm sure the wife will love this lol after i just spend a grand for my car....

Oh yeah, the silver polished for me...
1997 Chrysler Sebring "Silver XTC"
I4 420a w/ HRC Stage 2.45 w/ FMIC
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

95_ESi_PersonFeb-20-03 06:30 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#44907, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 36

i'll definitely want one. i just hope they will still be around sometime this summer. i gotta change my HG and i'm sure a new TB would make my car happy, she smiles already, now she'll have a reason.

i'd like to know about the gasket, would a new one be needed, and if so, would the stock one fit the larger diameter?

tim97rsFeb-20-03 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#44911, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 37

im down for red!

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

BlakeW5Feb-20-03 07:27 AM
Member since Jan 26th 2003
60 posts,
#44912, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 38

If we can get a group buy (depending on price), I'll be in for one.

97 Eclipse GS
- Ebay CAI
- Ebay Dual Tip Muffler
- Ebay Front and Rear Strut Bars
- Energy Suspension Motor Mounts

ezFeb-20-03 05:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#44993, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 39

Okay, I tried to compare dimensions holding the old tb next to the new tb installed on my car. Just eyeballing it, it looks like the top and front extensions are relatively similar - so I'm guessing those strut bars you guys have been talking about should fit. I don't know what kind of clearance you guys had before - so don't use my word as guarantee. I'm only guessing!

As for modifications on the intake piping - none were made or have to be made. I have the OEM intake on right now, but I'm planning on getting the AEM V2. My contact at AEM said it should fit with the MP tb's external diameter.

jerseystyle1Feb-20-03 06:46 PM
3135 posts,
#44998, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 40

When are these going to be ready? I really want one. So is $219.99 shipped?

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

TeametxFeb-21-03 04:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#45026, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 41

I'm in for a red one!

I hope we can do a group buy and save some $$$!

raulFeb-21-03 12:00 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
91 posts,
#45055, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 24

When you talk about adjusting the idle, which little screw are you talking about? Is it the one that adjusts the half moon black plastic piece where the throttle cable hooks up to that has a torx head on it?
What is that adjustment screw called anyway? Or what?

1996 Eclipse GS *Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust-Iceman intake-Greddy Headers-Top Fuel UDP-Front strut tower brace-MSD 8.5mm wires-NGK plugs-ES mm inserts-APEX Short shifter-Tenzo 1.5" lowering springs-F&R crossed drilled/slotted rotors-Tokico Blues

KLIPZEDFeb-21-03 02:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#45066, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 43

Deffinately gety a group buy together...looks like at least 20 people want one...hopefully be able to get a nice price reduction for buying bulk...right??? Anyways.. ill go back to dreaming now

Walker
95 Minden Silver Klipz GS A/T
One day my car will be in one piece
AEM CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, Ported TB, Pro-Kit w/ Tociko Blues, 17" Excel TZ-7s(Gunmetal),SilverNT's rear carpet kit(lovin it), Interfire 1200w amp pushin 2 kicker comp 12's

indyrace85Feb-21-03 02:33 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2002
26 posts,
#45069, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 44

i want a silver one

---------

Red 95 GS

FnNitWit81Feb-21-03 05:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1861 posts,
#45074, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 45

I'm in on a Red one...thanks.....let's get a list goign so whe it's time to order it'll be quick and painless

1) Ronnie FnNitWit81

senseiturtleFeb-21-03 07:50 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
281 posts,
#45078, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 0

If it's as good as you guys say it is, I'm jumping on this bandwagon.

Just keep me posted, I might snag me one as well. Thanks.

ryan

2006 Scion tC

97eclipseRSFeb-21-03 08:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#45079, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 47

ez... do you have any manifold work done? is there a big ridge where the manifold meets the tb, or is it minimal?

- Dan

NicksDSMFeb-22-03 06:58 AM
Member since Aug 05th 2002
88 posts,
#45091, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 48

when and where are we going to be able to buy them?

1TuffRSFeb-22-03 08:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#45094, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 49

Ha! well I hate to tell you i told you so, but I told ya so, lol. Well with the jeep TBs they go from 60mm to 55mm and even with just a 55 mm TB the manifold blocked airflow, so Im sure that with a full 60mm TB it would block it even more. Im kind of wondering how you got the stock intake pipe on there though cuz with the jeep TB we had to lube up our aftermarket intakes (with the silicone couplers) in order for them to fit and they are bigger. That had to really be a tight fit. Get an aftermarket intake and you will love it even more!

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

ezMar-02-03 12:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#45720, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 50

Update on fuel consumption (now that I've put on some miles) - seems to be about the same. Maybe a little worse b/c I like to actually accelerate in 5th on the freeway now.

>>>When you talk about adjusting the idle, which little screw are you talking about? Is it the one that adjusts the half moon black plastic piece where the throttle cable hooks up to that has a torx head on it?
What is that adjustment screw called anyway?

Yup. I like to call that idle adjusting screw the "idle adjustment screw." j/p I dunno what it's commonly referred to as

Jasvb TS2K2Mar-02-03 01:56 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
1419 posts,
#45726, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 51

I have seen that the guy from Modern Performance had his own thread about them and was taking pre-orders. I wonder where the whole Group Buy stands, if it's not going to happend, if all have lost interest, if some have gone ahead and ordered or WHAT!. Anyone in charge of the GB? Anyone with answers to all still interested?

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=5&topic_id=43558&mesg_id=43558&page=2

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasvbts2k2
"The ONLY Honda I'd mod would be ASIMO"

imptrcr96Mar-04-03 04:32 PM
Member since Dec 25th 2002
58 posts,
#45949, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 0

60mm, outstanding, i'm in for the silver one.

Navy Recruiter
Lexington Park, MD

tiregMar-04-03 05:28 PM
Member since Dec 10th 2002
800 posts,
#45955, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 53

sounds great, man! i'll take one if the price goes down with the GB.. otherwise i'mma wait til spring break or so.. hopefully they'll still be aruond then, but red would be nice

WickedESiMar-05-03 07:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#46002, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 54

I want to get a blue one to match my blue AEM CAI, and all my other blue accenting (my car has a white/blue color scheme.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

tim97rsMar-05-03 04:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#46037, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 55

Mines ordered, should ship this week,

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

NicksDSMMar-08-03 06:35 AM
88 posts,
#46240, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 56

tim97rs--- are they on the market now or is your just a prototype.

frmrkiaownrMar-11-03 06:49 PM
15 posts,
#46476, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 57

any update on this tb?(how and where did u order it tim?)

tim97rsMar-12-03 02:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#46561, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 58

Modern performance told me yesterday they should get the shipment in this week. they are only making a certain number the first go around to gauge interest. goto modern perfomance.com and ask for dave barrera. They wont bill your card till they actualy ship. am looking forwad to getting it since i already sold and shipped my 55mm TB.

frmrkiaownrMar-12-03 06:18 PM
15 posts,
#46575, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 59

alright, it's definitely lined up as my next mod. just have to wait for a spare $200 after spring break. guess that means if u guys want this to be available to all we need to buy these guys out and quick so that they'll know to make more.

NicksDSMMar-13-03 09:23 AM
88 posts,
#46607, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 60

how much does it cost.

imptrcr96Mar-13-03 02:55 PM
Member since Dec 25th 2002
58 posts,
#46640, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 61

just called and ordered mine today, they said it seemed to be a popular item. they were shocked when i told them i was on a Navy ship in the Persian gulf though.

Navy Recruiter
Lexington Park, MD

KidEvoMar-14-03 07:49 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
161 posts,
#46757, "RE: New Modern Performance 60mm throttle body + Crazy story"
In response to Reply # 62

How many are they going to make? I want one too

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #44402 Previous topic | Next topic