Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #100293
View in linear mode

Subject: "How is this EGT probe supposed to work?" Previous topic | Next topic
eclpsmoneypit95Aug-05-06 06:15 AM
Member since Mar 09th 2005
371 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100293, "How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"

First off, this is an autometer probe that I bought used. This is all that came with it and Im confused as to how it installs. Is the bung that is supposed to come with it have an interference fit or something? Anybody have any experience with these?

That blue car got me boobies once

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, djtrickee, Aug-05-06 06:24 AM, #1
RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, boosted60trimrst, Aug-05-06 07:15 AM, #2
      RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, eclpsmoneypit95, Aug-05-06 01:51 PM, #3
           RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-05-06 08:55 PM, #4
                RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, eclpsmoneypit95, Aug-06-06 04:21 AM, #5
                     RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, Chamuko, Aug-06-06 11:34 AM, #6
                          RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, sike, Aug-07-06 03:09 PM, #7
                               RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, eclpsmoneypit95, Aug-08-06 06:49 AM, #8
                                    RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, djtrickee, Aug-08-06 07:12 AM, #9
                                         RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Aug-08-06 07:41 AM, #10
                                         RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-08-06 07:42 AM, #11
                                              RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, djtrickee, Aug-08-06 08:00 AM, #12
                                                   RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?, eclpsmoneypit95, Aug-08-06 09:06 AM, #13

djtrickeeAug-05-06 06:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100296, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 0

Return it. It is obviously broken and missing parts.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

boosted60trimrstAug-05-06 07:15 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#100298, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 1

its definitly broken . return it .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

eclpsmoneypit95Aug-05-06 01:51 PM
371 posts,
#100301, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the quick replies

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-05-06 08:55 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#100308, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 3

Its not broken. Its missing the fitting that threads into the manifold. This is the new style Autometer Probe.

Terry

eclpsmoneypit95Aug-06-06 04:21 AM
371 posts,
#100310, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Its not broken. Its missing the fitting that threads into the manifold. This is the new style Autometer Probe. Terry

That's what I thought! I remember it looked a lot like yours but I wasnt sure how it all went together. I guess Ill try contacting Autometer directly to see if I can just order the missing pieces.
Thanks Terry

ChamukoAug-06-06 11:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#100315, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 5

actullay they might send it out to you. Just say you bought it and its missing it.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

sikeAug-07-06 03:09 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2003
531 posts,
#100328, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Chamuko
actullay they might send it out to you. Just say you bought it and its missing it.

They very likely will. Most gauge companys are pretty good with that stuff. I returned a wideband gauge that *cough* I broke *cough* to the company that made it and they sent me a brand new one with no questions asked. I bought the gauge used on ebay for $60, shorted it out the next day. New gauge for $60. I love it.

eclpsmoneypit95Aug-08-06 06:49 AM
371 posts,
#100335, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by sike
Originally posted by Chamuko actullay they might send it out to you. Just say you bought it and its missing it.
They very likely will. Most gauge companys are pretty good with that stuff. I returned a wideband gauge that *cough* I broke *cough* to the company that made it and they sent me a brand new one with no questions asked. I bought the gauge used on ebay for $60, shorted it out the next day. New gauge for $60. I love it.

This is exactly what I did. I just emailed Autometer customer service and they said they would send one out to me free of charge. Sweet tits.

djtrickeeAug-08-06 07:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#100336, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 8

The reason I said it was broken or damaged is I have never seen an inverted tip like that before. ALL the probes I have ever used includiding Autometers have a little protrusion on the end like this:

Also It doesnt have the attached fitting which will allow you to mount it even without the clamp. Maybe that is what Terry is talking about. who knows.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

BOOSTED ECLIPSEAug-08-06 07:41 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#100337, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 9

The probe that eclpsmoneypit95 has looks just like the one that I have that came with my Faze gauge. It uses a three piece fitting to mount it in the manifold. One piece screws into the manifold then it has a brass compression fitting and the top cap that tightens it. I can post a picture tonight if needed.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-08-06 07:42 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#100338, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 9

DJ, you have seen copper compression style fittings? Or even the tephlon boost gauge fitting that the plastic line get inserted into? Its the same thing now for the autometer probe. Not sure when they redesigned it but the one I got is like that.

Terry

djtrickeeAug-08-06 08:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#100340, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
DJ, you have seen copper compression style fittings? Or even the tephlon boost gauge fitting that the plastic line get inserted into? Its the same thing now for the autometer probe. Not sure when they redesigned it but the one I got is like that. Terry

Gotcha. What about his tip?

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

eclpsmoneypit95Aug-08-06 09:06 AM
371 posts,
#100341, "RE: How is this EGT probe supposed to work?"
In response to Reply # 12
Aug-08-06 09:07 AM by eclpsmoneypit95

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon DJ, you have seen copper compression style fittings? Or even the tephlon boost gauge fitting that the plastic line get inserted into? Its the same thing now for the autometer probe. Not sure when they redesigned it but the one I got is like that. Terry
Gotcha. What about his tip?

Apparently, this is the one that I've got: Competition (Sportsman racing)

It has 3 piece install hardware just like boosted said
http://autometer.com/cat_accessories.aspx?sid=47

If you click on the link, it has a description: "Complete Probe kit includes 3/16" dia. Stainless Racing Probe with 10 ft. wrire plus 3/16" compressoin - 1/8" NPT connector and weld fitting."

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #100293 Previous topic | Next topic