Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #100121
View in linear mode

Subject: "Fuel pump picture and no drilling" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-29-06 03:19 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100121, "Fuel pump picture and no drilling"

The GSS342 walbro install without drilling any hols in the bracket and my AN fitting.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling, Chamuko, Jul-30-06 09:42 AM, #1
RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-30-06 10:43 AM, #2
      RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling, turbo8u, Jul-30-06 05:44 PM, #3
           RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-31-06 03:22 AM, #4
           RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling, TeamDR1665, Jul-31-06 06:17 AM, #5
                RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling, Chamuko, Jul-31-06 06:34 AM, #6
           RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling, hs_elrod, Aug-06-06 09:42 AM, #7
                RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-07-06 10:58 AM, #8

ChamukoJul-30-06 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100135, "RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling"
In response to Reply # 0

explain pls

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-30-06 10:43 AM
8331 posts,
#100136, "RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-30-06 04:12 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Well, everyone swears the 342 walbro is too big for the bracket and you must drill another hole in the bottom piece. Everyone calls me a liar when i tell them you dont have to. Well here is proof.

The AN fitting is just something i did for my fuel setup. You need a 37 degree flare that will flare steel lines. It can be done with any 96+ fuel pump assy bracket. 95 is extremely hard to do and there is a great risk of damaging the steel line becaue you have to straighten it slightly.

Terry

turbo8uJul-30-06 05:44 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#100150, "RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling"
In response to Reply # 2

i didnt drill any hole either

super simple install

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

ModeratorxcasbonxJul-31-06 03:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#100155, "RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling"
In response to Reply # 3

I just used Dino's method and used hose clamps. It worked good enough for me.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

TeamDR1665Jul-31-06 06:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#100158, "RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling"
In response to Reply # 4

That looks almost pretty, Terry. Maybe you could polish it up a bit or something.

ChamukoJul-31-06 06:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#100159, "RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling"
In response to Reply # 5

scrub it and you will take off the galvanized coating under it.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

hs_elrodAug-06-06 09:42 AM
Member since Aug 26th 2004
159 posts,
#100313, "RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by turbo8u
i didnt drill any hole either super simple install

Me neither, never heard of having to....

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-07-06 10:58 AM
8331 posts,
#100327, "RE: Fuel pump picture and no drilling"
In response to Reply # 7

search

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #100121 Previous topic | Next topic