Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4245
View in linear mode

Subject: ""how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this" Previous topic | Next topic
turbo8uApr-18-05 08:16 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4245, ""how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"

recently met and recruited a 2gnt owner to 2gnt.com...

i asked him what all he had done to his ride, and its more or less stock but he mentioned replacing his tranny fluid. he asked me what fluid to use and i told him dealership only. he said when he changed it napa told him the nvt350 transaxle held 4 quarts...and he couldnt find the fill plug so he unscrewed the "speed sensor" (see note #1) and filled 4 quarts in there! i GASPED.

note 1: it wasnt actually the speed sensor once i asked him where it was (speed sensor is back by the rear motor mount) he said the "speed sensor" was located on the front of the trans kind of by the horn.

i was so shocked....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-18-05 08:19 AM, #1
RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this, turbo8u, Apr-19-05 12:24 PM, #2
      RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this, Kirby, Apr-19-05 01:17 PM, #3
           RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this, techboy, Apr-21-05 07:38 AM, #4
           RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this, TeamDR1665, Apr-21-05 09:00 AM, #5
                RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this, MCubed45, Apr-21-05 03:23 PM, #6
                     RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this, grain, Apr-21-05 06:03 PM, #7
                     RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this, Kirby, Apr-22-05 08:02 AM, #8
                     RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-22-05 12:31 PM, #9

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-18-05 08:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4246, "RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"
In response to Reply # 0

That's funny shit. Never trust a register monkey.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uApr-19-05 12:24 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#4248, "RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"
In response to Reply # 1

fixed it for homebody

so much fluid came out

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

KirbyApr-19-05 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#4249, "RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"
In response to Reply # 2

So maybe I should apply for register monkey position because I'm still not sure where he put it...lol Do you mean he put 4 quarts in the horn???

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

techboyApr-21-05 07:38 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#4254, "RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-21-05 07:39 AM by techboy

Yeah, he put 4 quarts of tranny fluid in the horn ... you should hear the way that thing blows now! That's pretty funny Kirby ...

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

TeamDR1665Apr-21-05 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#4258, "RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Kirby
Do you mean he put 4 quarts in the horn???

NEW TRANNY FLUSH AND FILL PROCEEDURE ADDENDUM BELOW:

When you're filling her up with tranny fluid, you should just "accidentally" put it in her horn. Then you can be all, "Oops! I'm sorry, baby." If she doesn't complain, you're golden. ("Yeah. You like that, don't you, baby!") If she does, just play it off.

Way to "fuck" the tranny. LOL.

MCubed45Apr-21-05 03:23 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#4259, "RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"
In response to Reply # 5

i'm a bit confused as well as to where he put it... the horn's on the opposite side nowhere near the tranny

-marc

grainApr-21-05 06:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#4262, "RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"
In response to Reply # 6

i do the same as him. so i guess im stupid. he removed the reverse sensor and filled it up. its easyer

KirbyApr-22-05 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#4263, "RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"
In response to Reply # 7

Well I should have that autozone job locked up then, cause I'm still confused too. Did he put it in the PS system? the evap system?

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-22-05 12:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#4265, "RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by MCubed45
i'm a bit confused as well as to where he put it... the horn's on the opposite side nowhere near the tranny

Depends on the model year. Some are on the driver's side.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4245 Previous topic | Next topic