Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subject"how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4245
4245, "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
recently met and recruited a 2gnt owner to 2gnt.com...

i asked him what all he had done to his ride, and its more or less stock but he mentioned replacing his tranny fluid. he asked me what fluid to use and i told him dealership only. he said when he changed it napa told him the nvt350 transaxle held 4 quarts...and he couldnt find the fill plug so he unscrewed the "speed sensor" (see note #1) and filled 4 quarts in there! i GASPED.

note 1: it wasnt actually the speed sensor once i asked him where it was (speed sensor is back by the rear motor mount) he said the "speed sensor" was located on the front of the trans kind of by the horn.

i was so shocked....
4246, RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That's funny shit. Never trust a register monkey.
4248, RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
fixed it for homebody :P

so much fluid came out
4249, RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So maybe I should apply for register monkey position because I'm still not sure where he put it...lol Do you mean he put 4 quarts in the horn???
4254, RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by techboy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, he put 4 quarts of tranny fluid in the horn ... you should hear the way that thing blows now! :nuts That's pretty funny Kirby ...
4258, RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
Do you mean he put 4 quarts in the horn???

NEW TRANNY FLUSH AND FILL PROCEEDURE ADDENDUM BELOW:

When you're filling her up with tranny fluid, you should just "accidentally" put it in her horn. Then you can be all, "Oops! I'm sorry, baby." If she doesn't complain, you're golden. ("Yeah. You like that, don't you, baby!") If she does, just play it off. :+

Way to "fuck" the tranny. LOL.
4259, RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm a bit confused as well as to where he put it... the horn's on the opposite side nowhere near the tranny :scratch
4262, RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i do the same as him. so i guess im stupid. he removed the reverse sensor and filled it up. its easyer
4263, RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I should have that autozone job locked up then, cause I'm still confused too. Did he put it in the PS system? the evap system?
4265, RE: "how much tranny fluid to use"...you're going to laugh when you read this
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45
i'm a bit confused as well as to where he put it... the horn's on the opposite side nowhere near the tranny :scratch

Depends on the model year. Some are on the driver's side.
I generated this page in 0.0080609321594238 seconds, executing 7 queries.