Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #334
View in linear mode

Subject: "New MTX FAQ on the main site.." Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-03-03 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#334, "New MTX FAQ on the main site.."

http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=6&categories=Manual+Tranny

Feel free to make suggestions for additions in the form of:

Question: This...

Answer: That...

Thank you You'll be given credit for your Q&A in the FAQ if it makes it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., HadesOmega, Apr-03-03 05:01 PM, #1
RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., ez, Apr-03-03 05:23 PM, #2
      RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., HadesOmega, Apr-03-03 05:43 PM, #3
           RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-04-03 04:17 AM, #4
                RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-04-03 07:11 AM, #5
                     RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-04-03 07:23 AM, #6
                          RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., Teametx, Sep-04-03 09:39 AM, #7
                               RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., Moderatorsd_eclipse, Sep-15-03 10:42 AM, #8
                                    RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., 420AYE, Sep-15-03 11:56 AM, #9
                                         RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., TeamMichael_97RS, Sep-19-03 01:13 PM, #10
                                              RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-19-03 09:23 PM, #11
                                                   RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.., TeamMichael_97RS, Sep-20-03 09:42 PM, #12

HadesOmegaApr-03-03 05:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#339, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 0

how bout what kinda LSD upgrades are available for our trannies?

Quaife -replacement clutch type LSD, lifetime warranty (they dare you to break it)- $$$$
Phantom Grip- Adds to your existing differential, works by pushing on your spyder gears creating a LSD effect- $$
NSR Slip in Diff- Same as phantom grip with slightly different construction- $

that's all the LSDs I can think of

and how bout my question what do I torque those bellhousing bolts at its not in my chilton's

or what kinda sealant do you use to seal tranny?
Loctite Red 518 or equivalent anaerobic sealant

you can put stuff about modular/non modular clutches too, damn goofy clutches

some stuff like that?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezApr-03-03 05:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#341, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-03-03 05:42 PM by ez

how about maintenance issues. they tend to be most frequent frequently asked question:

AKA

Q: what fluid should I put in my tranny?
A: mopar (or mitsubishi) NVT-350 fluid ONLY. other fluids have been shown to ruin the syncros in a short amount of time

Q: How do I change the fluid?
A:http://www.ghettoraid.net/faq/guide.htm

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

HadesOmegaApr-03-03 05:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#342, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 2

I've use BG syncro shift for like 40k miles

but then again I've heard you should use the factory stuff.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-04-03 04:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#346, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 3

Cool guys. Keep 'em comin.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamMichael_97RSApr-04-03 07:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#347, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 4

If I can track down or if someone else has handy the Mopar Performance part number for the bolt replacements that safe the differential pin.

I also have had BG Syncroshift in for 15k to 20k, not sure what I'll put in when I change it out next though.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-04-03 07:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#348, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 5

Cool.. you can add that yourself. I'll PM you how.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeametxSep-04-03 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#1345, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 6

Q: what kind of fluid should I use? What are diff pin safing brackets?

A: Only use mopar mtx fluid, part number 4874465. You will need 2 quarts. Diff pin safing brackets are a fix chrysler came out with to hold the diff pin inside the diff. they are only a few bucks so if you ever have your trans open install them. You need 2 of them per diff, part number 04800059AA.

Moderatorsd_eclipseSep-15-03 10:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#1422, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 7

Question : Was the FAQ spell checked?
Answer: Nope!

Heh, couldn't resist.

420AYESep-15-03 11:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#1424, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 8

you don't need to spell check these days. the cambridge study found out it is useless.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

TeamMichael_97RSSep-19-03 01:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1444, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 9

I just updated and added some of this info, let me know if there is anything else you can think of, or if what I typed doesn't make any sense.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Smooth idle? We don't need no stinking smooth idle.

Mods List:
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-19-03 09:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1445, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 10

Thq quaife is an ATB, not a clutch type. Might wanna fix that

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamMichael_97RSSep-20-03 09:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1453, "RE: New MTX FAQ on the main site.."
In response to Reply # 11

Done, and a to Hades

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Smooth idle? We don't need no stinking smooth idle.

Mods List:
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #334 Previous topic | Next topic