Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2314
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend." Previous topic | Next topic
CrashedMaxFeb-27-04 06:54 AM
Member since Jan 22nd 2003
239 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2314, "Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."

Whenever I push in my clutch pedal it sounds as if it's rubbing somewhere and is making a loud squeeking noise. I can hear it inside of the car but it's much louder outside. It only happens as the pedal is moving. There's no sound when it's fully depressed. Also it only happens on really cold dry days. It was unusually warm and humid a few days ago and it wasn't making any noise. This leads me to believe I just need to lube something up to keep it from squeeking. Question is what kind of lube can I use? I have some cable lube for the clutch on my motorcycle. Can I use that? Also anyone have any idea on where this could be squeeking at. I'll have to do this by myself so I won't have anyone to push on the pedal while I'm under the car.

1999 Black w/black leather GS 10th Anniversary OZ edition
5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., WickedESi, Feb-27-04 12:12 PM, #1
RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., turbo8u, Feb-27-04 03:52 PM, #2
      RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., Blk95GS, Feb-27-04 04:37 PM, #3
RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., tomatot, Feb-27-04 06:57 PM, #4
RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., 95GSEclipse, Feb-28-04 05:43 AM, #5
      RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., CrashedMax, Feb-28-04 06:13 AM, #6
           RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., CrashedMax, Feb-28-04 11:19 AM, #7
                RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., 95GSEclipse, Feb-28-04 04:46 PM, #8
                     RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., FarOutKucki, Feb-28-04 07:06 PM, #9
                          RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend., CrashedMax, Feb-29-04 03:58 AM, #10

WickedESiFeb-27-04 12:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2315, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-27-04 12:14 PM by WickedESi

The possiblities are that you need to bleed the clutch fluid, replace the master cylinder, replace the slave cylinder, oil the release fork springs, or replace the TOB.

Try to get someone to listen closely to where exactly the sound is coming from in the engine bay.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uFeb-27-04 03:52 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#2316, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by WickedESi
oil the release fork springs

what are you talking about?

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

Blk95GSFeb-27-04 04:37 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#2317, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 2

i'd check the friction point at the clutch slave cylinder and the fork coming out of the tranny. maybe some wheel bearing grease or something like that would work, at least an easy thing to do and if it solves the squeaking you're done.

Travis

tomatotFeb-27-04 06:57 PM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
198 posts,
#2318, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 0

I had a similar problem before. I fixed my Clutch master cylinder.
good luck!!!

95GSEclipseFeb-28-04 05:43 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2003
662 posts,
#2327, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 4

if your clutch is fully disengaging and you have no problem shifting when the clutch is in then your slave,master setup should be fine. It sounds more like your Throw Out Bearing is dead..

Klein567 - Ya i heard about that ticket you and Sean got.
Clint485 - Stupid chick cop...worst part was she looked like a dude.
Klein567- Thats becuase all hot cops are strippers

CrashedMaxFeb-28-04 06:13 AM
239 posts,
#2329, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 5

I thought when your throw out bearing goes bad it makes a grinding noise when the clutch is pushed in. Mine is making like a squeeking noise but only when your pushing the clutch in or releasing it. Once it's fully engaged or disengaged there's no noise at all. I have also had zero problems shifting. Also wouldn't the throw out bearing make noise regardless of the weather. It only does it when it's dry & cold. When it was warm and a little humid it doesn't make a noise.

Oh also I got a car wash and the noise stopped for a while. It seems with any moisture it stops for a while.

5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

CrashedMaxFeb-28-04 11:19 AM
239 posts,
#2330, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-28-04 11:19 AM by CrashedMax

I'm not sure if this matters but it makes the noise when the car is not running too. And it only squeeks while the clutch pedal is moving, when it is fully pushed in or out there's no sound, only when the pedals moving.

5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

95GSEclipseFeb-28-04 04:46 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2003
662 posts,
#2332, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 7

how well is the clutch grabbing...maybe ur clutch is spent..(please note that i forgot if you said you put in a new one or not...i dont remember..) just trying to give you ideas...err maybe you just need to grease the shaft that the TOB slides on....that could be squecking when it slides and water might lube it up a bit and stop it....

Klein567 - Ya i heard about that ticket you and Sean got.
Clint485 - Stupid chick cop...worst part was she looked like a dude.
Klein567- Thats becuase all hot cops are strippers

FarOutKuckiFeb-28-04 07:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2719 posts,
#2333, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 8

throwout bearing.

CrashedMaxFeb-29-04 03:58 AM
239 posts,
#2334, "RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend."
In response to Reply # 9

thanks for all the suggestions. I'm a little worried now that TOB has been mentioned a few times. I really hope that's not the problem. I've been too busy this weekend to check. I have absolutely no problems at all with my clutch grabbing or anything.

One more question. With a bad TOB if I'm pushing in the clutch and I stop halfway would it still make the noise. Like I said the noise ONLY happens while the clutch pedal is moving. Once I stop moving the pedal, even if it's only half way down the noise stops.

5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2314 Previous topic | Next topic