Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectHelp! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2314
2314, Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
Posted by CrashedMax, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whenever I push in my clutch pedal it sounds as if it's rubbing somewhere and is making a loud squeeking noise. I can hear it inside of the car but it's much louder outside. It only happens as the pedal is moving. There's no sound when it's fully depressed. Also it only happens on really cold dry days. It was unusually warm and humid a few days ago and it wasn't making any noise. This leads me to believe I just need to lube something up to keep it from squeeking. Question is what kind of lube can I use? I have some cable lube for the clutch on my motorcycle. Can I use that? Also anyone have any idea on where this could be squeeking at. I'll have to do this by myself so I won't have anyone to push on the pedal while I'm under the car.
2315, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The possiblities are that you need to bleed the clutch fluid, replace the master cylinder, replace the slave cylinder, oil the release fork springs, or replace the TOB.

Try to get someone to listen closely to where exactly the sound is coming from in the engine bay.
2316, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WickedESi
oil the release fork springs

:scratch what are you talking about?

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

2317, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
Posted by Blk95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'd check the friction point at the clutch slave cylinder and the fork coming out of the tranny. maybe some wheel bearing grease or something like that would work, at least an easy thing to do and if it solves the squeaking you're done.
2318, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
Posted by tomatot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had a similar problem before. I fixed my Clutch master cylinder.
good luck!!!
2327, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
Posted by 95GSEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if your clutch is fully disengaging and you have no problem shifting when the clutch is in then your slave,master setup should be fine. It sounds more like your Throw Out Bearing is dead..
2329, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
I thought when your throw out bearing goes bad it makes a grinding noise when the clutch is pushed in. Mine is making like a squeeking noise but only when your pushing the clutch in or releasing it. Once it's fully engaged or disengaged there's no noise at all. I have also had zero problems shifting. Also wouldn't the throw out bearing make noise regardless of the weather. It only does it when it's dry & cold. When it was warm and a little humid it doesn't make a noise.

Oh also I got a car wash and the noise stopped for a while. It seems with any moisture it stops for a while.
2330, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
I'm not sure if this matters but it makes the noise when the car is not running too. And it only squeeks while the clutch pedal is moving, when it is fully pushed in or out there's no sound, only when the pedals moving.
2332, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
Posted by 95GSEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
how well is the clutch grabbing...maybe ur clutch is spent..(please note that i forgot if you said you put in a new one or not...i dont remember..) just trying to give you ideas...err maybe you just need to grease the shaft that the TOB slides on....that could be squecking when it slides and water might lube it up a bit and stop it....
2333, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
Posted by FarOutKucki, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
throwout bearing.
2334, RE: Help! My clutch is squeeking loud, would like to fix it this weekend.
thanks for all the suggestions. I'm a little worried now that TOB has been mentioned a few times. I really hope that's not the problem. I've been too busy this weekend to check. I have absolutely no problems at all with my clutch grabbing or anything.

One more question. With a bad TOB if I'm pushing in the clutch and I stop halfway would it still make the noise. Like I said the noise ONLY happens while the clutch pedal is moving. Once I stop moving the pedal, even if it's only half way down the noise stops.

I generated this page in 0.010344982147217 seconds, executing 7 queries.