Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4001
View in linear mode

Subject: "While the tranny is down.." Previous topic | Next topic
TNNTphilFeb-22-06 12:38 PM
Member since Nov 16th 2005
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4001, "While the tranny is down.."
Feb-22-06 12:57 PM by TNNTphil

What else should I do as preventative/performance goes while my ATX is out of my car. I'm going to get the diff safety clips and have a new filter. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Also, I have searched for this, but as a final check, is Castrol ATF+3 okay to use? Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

InFiNiT3Feb-22-06 01:38 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4002, "RE: While the tranny is down.."
In response to Reply # 0

yup thats fine

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TNNTphilFeb-22-06 03:01 PM
11 posts,
#4004, "RE: While the tranny is down.."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks again for being so helpful, man. I appreciate it.

TNNTphilMar-05-06 01:36 PM
11 posts,
#4016, "RE: While the tranny is down.."
In response to Reply # 0

Does anyone know the approximate torque specifications on the torque converter, engine, and transmission mount bolts or where to find them? Also, is it necessary to remove the hubs when taking the axles out of the tranny? Thanks.

ChamukoMar-06-06 11:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#4019, "RE: While the tranny is down.."
In response to Reply # 3

All the torque specs can be found on the service manuals.

And no you dont have to remove the hubs, Just loosen up the suspension.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4001 Previous topic | Next topic