Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3501
View in linear mode

Subject: "Quick Question on Tranny Fluid" Previous topic | Next topic
bokchoiFeb-09-05 10:14 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3501, "Quick Question on Tranny Fluid"

This fluid okay? :

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=VLV&MfrPartNumber=333&CategoryCode=3291C

ATF+3 (for Chrysler vehicles)

the main question is how much would I need? Planning on bringing it to Jiffy Lube for tranny flush and definetly wouldnt want to use their Dexron crap. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

FranklindsmFeb-10-05 03:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3502, "RE: Quick Question on Tranny Fluid"
In response to Reply # 0

9.1 qts or buy it in 3 gallons. if they're going to use the same process I used when I worked at Jiffy Lube, they arn't going to want to use a single qt bottle to extract fluid from 9.1 times. So just buy 3 gallons worth and let them flush 12 gallons through. It won't over fill it it'll just over FLUSH it and assure you that you have fresh clean fluid.

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FranklindsmFeb-10-05 04:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#3503, "RE: Quick Question on Tranny Fluid"
In response to Reply # 1

btw, i'd just go to Mitsu and dish out the extra cash for ATF+4, but buy a little extra just in case. I hear that you can put ATF+4 in a vehicle that has atf+3. But you can't put ATF+3 in a vehicle using atf+4. lol you figure that out! lol

joseph

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

bokchoiFeb-10-05 11:26 AM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
#3504, "RE: Quick Question on Tranny Fluid"
In response to Reply # 2
Feb-10-05 11:27 AM by bokchoi

lol alright man, thanks a lot
Oh yeah, do they also change the filter or gasket for you too?

FranklindsmFeb-10-05 12:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#3505, "RE: Quick Question on Tranny Fluid"
In response to Reply # 3

they can if they've got it in stock. and don't let them tell you they don't by lookin it up by your car. as far as I know any A604 will work. They should all be the same size? so one for a dodge minivan would be just as good i think.

joseph

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

ModeratorCorbinFeb-11-05 06:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3506, "RE: Quick Question on Tranny Fluid"
In response to Reply # 4

Yep...the filter and pan gasket are pretty generic. I'm using standard Fram stuff for any A604.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3501 Previous topic | Next topic