Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1198
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do i take out the automatic computer?" Previous topic | Next topic
daltahJun-08-03 04:21 PM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
240 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1198, "How do i take out the automatic computer?"

The one that behind the radio under the dash.I did a manual conversion and need to take it out know or can i just unplug it.If so wich plug(s) do i unplug?If anyone has anypice of how to take it out or unplug it it would help out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, daltah, Jun-08-03 07:20 PM, #1
RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, TeamAvenger, Jun-09-03 05:27 AM, #2
      RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, daltah, Jun-09-03 12:46 PM, #3
           RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, TeamAvenger, Jun-09-03 01:56 PM, #4
                RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, daltah, Jun-09-03 02:08 PM, #5
                     RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, daltah, Jun-09-03 02:15 PM, #6
                          RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, juggalo, Jun-09-03 08:05 PM, #7
                               RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, The1Bill, Jun-10-03 03:05 AM, #8
                                    RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, daltah, Jun-10-03 11:48 AM, #9
                                         RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, juggalo, Jun-10-03 12:24 PM, #10
                                              RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, TeamAvenger, Jun-10-03 12:40 PM, #11
                                                   RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, daltah, Jun-10-03 02:15 PM, #12
                                                        RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?, daltah, Jun-11-03 03:35 PM, #13

daltahJun-08-03 07:20 PM
240 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1199, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 0

anyone know????

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamAvengerJun-09-03 05:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1200, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 1

There should be only one plug held in with a 10mm bolt. As you undo the bolt it will pull the plug out. Then just remove it.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

daltahJun-09-03 12:46 PM
240 posts,
#1201, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 2

wheres the bolt located because the computer is tucked far back and hard to get to.

TeamAvengerJun-09-03 01:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1202, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 3

It's actually on the harness itself. It holds the harness down. If you look at the wiring plug you will see what I mean.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

daltahJun-09-03 02:08 PM
240 posts,
#1203, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 4

can you take a pic because i dont know what your talking about?

daltahJun-09-03 02:15 PM
240 posts,
#1204, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 5

do i need to take of the drivers side panel next to the gas pedal under the dash or the passenger to get to the bot your talking about.

juggaloJun-09-03 08:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#1205, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 6

i'm pretty sure its the drives side panel.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

The1BillJun-10-03 03:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#1206, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 7

Actually, it sucks to reach from either size. The passenger side is slightly easier, though. If your car is a 1996+, then the A/T ECU is there. It should have gotten in the way of running the linkages, by the way.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

daltahJun-10-03 11:48 AM
240 posts,
#1207, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 8

i had a shop do the swap for me and know the cel is on and im trying to figure out how to take it out or unplug it but cant see where the plug is located

juggaloJun-10-03 12:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#1208, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 9

just cut wires for it and tape the ends up. you don't need them anymore.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

TeamAvengerJun-10-03 12:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1209, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 10

You'll keep having a CEL until you get an MTX ECU.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

daltahJun-10-03 02:15 PM
240 posts,
#1210, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 11
Jun-10-03 02:46 PM by daltah

i have a 99 manual ecu. and what wires do i cut i dont even see any that connect to the computer behind the radio.And what color/colors are the wires that i cut?

daltahJun-11-03 03:35 PM
240 posts,
#1211, "RE: How do i take out the automatic computer?"
In response to Reply # 12

does anyone konw which wires to cut or what color because i cant even see any

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1198 Previous topic | Next topic