Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2660
View in linear mode

Subject: "Autostick conversion thing....interesting" Previous topic | Next topic
95GSEclipseMar-19-04 05:05 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2003
662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2660, "Autostick conversion thing....interesting"

I saw this on ebay...thought you auto guys might be interested becuase ive heard you guys trying to do this...you might want to check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33727&item=2467020736

Klein567 - Ya i heard about that ticket you and Sean got.
Clint485 - Stupid chick cop...worst part was she looked like a dude.
Klein567- Thats becuase all hot cops are strippers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, TeamMetalJim, Mar-19-04 05:30 PM, #1
RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, Malenko, Mar-19-04 06:00 PM, #2
      RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, mcgyvr, Mar-20-04 03:31 AM, #3
           RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, python6586, Mar-20-04 04:38 AM, #4
                RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, jsupetran, Mar-20-04 05:16 AM, #5
                RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, GhEttOrAiD, Mar-20-04 05:32 AM, #6
                RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-20-04 05:33 AM, #7
                     RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, alain95i4, Mar-20-04 05:55 AM, #8
                          RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, 95GSEclipse, Mar-20-04 06:45 AM, #9
                               RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, BlueMoonEclipse, Mar-20-04 10:58 AM, #10
                                    RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, DSMeclipseGS, Mar-20-04 01:04 PM, #11
                                         RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, alain95i4, Mar-20-04 01:13 PM, #12
                                         RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, jsupetran, Mar-20-04 01:44 PM, #13
                                              RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, Malenko, Mar-21-04 10:48 PM, #14
                                                   RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, nappyjim, Mar-22-04 06:36 AM, #15
                                         RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, ajna_star, Mar-25-04 08:30 AM, #19
                                              RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-09-04 12:00 AM, #20
                                                   RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, 97whitESi, Apr-13-04 10:24 AM, #21
                RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, Vigo, Mar-22-04 09:10 AM, #16
                     RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, jsupetran, Mar-22-04 11:20 AM, #17
                          RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, DSMeclipseGS, Mar-24-04 06:01 PM, #18
                               RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, Keith2172, May-25-04 05:58 AM, #22
                                    RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, mcgyvr, May-26-04 03:09 AM, #23
                                         RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, Keith2172, May-26-04 04:19 AM, #24
                                              RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting, mcgyvr, May-26-04 04:56 AM, #25

TeamMetalJimMar-19-04 05:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2661, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 0

Cool - somebody figured it out.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
15.7 @ 87.9mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MalenkoMar-19-04 06:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#2662, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 1

and are trying to make a sizable profit in it as well.

lets team up and buy one...ONE and then let the brains at 2gnt.com duplicate it for the rest of us.

mcgyvrMar-20-04 03:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2663, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Malenko
and are trying to make a sizable profit in it as well. lets team up and buy one...ONE and then let the brains at 2gnt.com duplicate it for the rest of us.

its already been figured out.
just no one has done it yet.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

python6586Mar-20-04 04:38 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#2664, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 3

yea but from what i understand in reading in the auto section we havent figured out how to incorperate that mode switch that pretty much tells the tcu that we will be doin the shiftin and it doesnt have to worry about it. because if we just left it in L and manually upshifted to second with our momentary switches before redline the tcu will just downshift again and will always try to keep it in the lowest possible gear. we need somthing to cancel out the tcu's signal to shift when we want to do the shifting ourself.

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

jsupetranMar-20-04 05:16 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#2665, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 4

OMG I want this...

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, turbo xs rfl, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

GhEttOrAiDMar-20-04 05:32 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
#2666, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 5

$160 to render your automatic transmission not-lame isn't bad at all when you think about it... I mean... when compared to some useless nonfunctional ricer part this is a great deal...!

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

SPL_EclipseMar-20-04 05:33 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#2667, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 5

why exactly would this be necissary. i dont know about you, but i can control the gear with throttle pressure. besides, isnt the computer shifting faster than you could manually? so whats the point? guess im missing somthing.

BTW, yes, this has been tossed around for a while now, i remember reading a post at ASOG about a year ago concerning it.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

alain95i4Mar-20-04 05:55 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#2668, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 7

By reading the auction I have the feeling that their computer will connect directly to the solenoid pack to activate them instead of telling the TCM to do it

if they did it that way I hope the implemented the modulation of the solenoids that the real tcm do when you change gears

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

95GSEclipseMar-20-04 06:45 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2003
662 posts,
#2669, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 8

ya i found something good i guess.

Klein567 - Ya i heard about that ticket you and Sean got.
Clint485 - Stupid chick cop...worst part was she looked like a dude.
Klein567- Thats becuase all hot cops are strippers

BlueMoonEclipseMar-20-04 10:58 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
#2670, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 9
Mar-20-04 11:02 AM by BlueMoonEclipse

Hmmm you might be onto something there...because it does seem it just opens and closes solenoids on its own (notice that it works even when TCU dies?)...now this for the 604 might be good or bad depending your perspective...arent 1-2 shift and 3-4 suposed to have a modulation between shifts to make em smooth? yes performancewise the slip might be bad but dont know how good it is for our trans...

BTW the Auto is still faster than Stick (even in auto stick mode...once you shift stick a lot you should be shifting really fast though...but watch out with missed shifts) cause your brain still dosent need to do the following: accelerator release and modulate, clutch depress, gear select, clutch drop/modulate, accel....while auto stick is....press button......thats it (yah its not triptronic but oh well)

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

DSMeclipseGSMar-20-04 01:04 PM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#2671, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 10
Mar-20-04 01:05 PM by DSMeclipseGS

Hey guys, I am seriously thinking about buying this. Is anyone in the NJ area willing to help me install it if you're good with electronics?

EDIT: Oh yea... it ends in 4 HOURS (as of 7:30 PM Saturday) so let me know quick. Doesnt really look like a scam and like ^^^ said it interests me that the stock TCU can die and it will still work... hmmmm.

alain95i4Mar-20-04 01:13 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#2672, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 11

it's probably not a scam
actually a basic tranny controller could be build with a $5 micro-controller and maybe $20 more of parts

it won't have the intelligence of the OEM unit but the goal here is just to drive 4 solenoids in a very stupid pattern

so go for it

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

jsupetranMar-20-04 01:44 PM
4359 posts,
#2673, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 12

Someone buy it and tell us if it works, so I can email the dude to get more .

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, turbo xs rfl, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

MalenkoMar-21-04 10:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#2674, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 13

so... who bought it?

nappyjimMar-22-04 06:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#2676, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 14

bigpoppapump1173 won the auction.

is this anyone from 2gnt?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

ajna_starMar-25-04 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#2697, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by DSMeclipseGS
Hey guys, I am seriously thinking about buying this. Is anyone in the NJ area willing to help me install it if you're good with electronics? EDIT: Oh yea... it ends in 4 HOURS (as of 7:30 PM Saturday) so let me know quick. Doesnt really look like a scam and like ^^^ said it interests me that the stock TCU can die and it will still work... hmmmm.

im in NJ, hit me up on aim-> ajnast4r

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

EclipseTenzoRApr-09-04 12:00 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#2765, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 19

If this doesnt work someone with brains should just goto a junk yard and disect a totalled 3G. I don't know shit about trannys and technical stuff but what are the difference between the 95-99 tranny and 00+ tranny. What specifically gives the 00+ the autoshift feature.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

97whitESiApr-13-04 10:24 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#2787, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 20

^^ wouldnt that be a mitsu tranny? and therfor differnt

VigoMar-22-04 09:10 AM
Member since Dec 15th 2003
37 posts,
#2677, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 4

"yea but from what i understand in reading in the auto section we havent figured out how to incorperate that mode switch"

look at me im about to babble to myself because clearly no matter how many times i say this it will never get through to anyone here:

THERE IS NO SWITCH

the tcm determines whether or not you are in autostick by reading the TRS signal. the trs basically reads your shifters position. so in either 2 or L, if you put in an autostick TCM, one of those will BECOME autostick. there is no SWITCH to speak of. simply move your shifter to the appropriate gate and then use a switch to up/down shift. voila! for the 12th time..

1993 Dodge Dynasty LE 3.3 Auto, 95k, Stock.
16.2@84mph

jsupetranMar-22-04 11:20 AM
4359 posts,
#2678, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 16

dsmeclipse of 2gnt is bigpapapump.

Hope this does work .

-------jezreel

DSMeclipseGSMar-24-04 06:01 PM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#2696, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by jsupetran
dsmeclipse of 2gnt is bigpapapump. Hope this does work . -------jezreel hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, turbo xs rfl, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!! thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

Yea... I won it. Let's see how it works. I am at college right now so I'll try to put it in the day i get home. Anyone of u guys going to the NJ Englishtown shootout in April? I'll be there, so you can see it there, or if i can install it ill bring it.

Keith2172May-25-04 05:58 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#2940, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 18

Did you get that thing installed yet, bump.

mcgyvrMay-26-04 03:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2950, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by Keith2172
Did you get that thing installed yet, bump.

dont install it, return it, trust me your tranny will hate you...

Mods are:
Not enough

Keith2172May-26-04 04:19 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#2951, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 23

Wow, thats a negative respose, whats the thing do? Does it pound gears or screw up the fluid flow? And is there anything positive we could use off of it for our cars?

mcgyvrMay-26-04 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2954, "RE: Autostick conversion thing....interesting"
In response to Reply # 24

it doesnt take into account clutch volume indexes,and lots more.
it will work the solenoids but our TCU will actually change how the solenoids open to account for wear,etc..
its not safe and why do it when for under 10 bucks you can do the autostick mod and have the TCU control shifting correctly

Mods are:
Not enough

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2660 Previous topic | Next topic