Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4538
View in threaded mode

Subject: "trap speeds and quarter mile times" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
oRACLe063Dec-13-04 12:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4538, "trap speeds and quarter mile times"

i was wondering about this ... i had my car running better than it was at my last time at the track

i averaged 79 mph on my first at the track and my second time over i averaged 3 mph faster @ 81 what does that mean in relation to my times ? i had a bad night with wheel spin and ran worse, time wise but my mph was up ... does that mean anything .. i know the car is the trap speed and the time is the driver ... so in that respect if the conditions were better i could have broke the 16 mark ?

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
senseiturtleJan-04-05 07:57 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4577, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 0

What was your 60'?

An 81mph trap speed is good for high 16's, it's just a matter if you can find traction in those first few seconds.

15.23 @ 91.80

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

oRACLe063Jan-15-05 11:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#4586, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 1

2.510 was my best to date ... hopefully this new season will provide better numbers

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

EclipseTenzoRJan-15-05 05:27 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#4587, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 2

what are your mods. I'm an auto too, and basically stock I can't get under 18.3.. How do you race the auto.. redline to each gear?

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

soulcontrollerJan-15-05 06:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#4588, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by oRACLe063
2.510 was my best to date

wow thats very good. my best even with a high stall converter is 2.4

oRACLe063Jan-17-05 02:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#4591, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-17-05 02:03 PM by oRACLe063

"wow thats very good. my best even with a high stall converter is 2.4"

thanks SC !!

tenzo - i only have the CAI, 55mm TB, UDP, Apex catback... my weight is what saves me ... see sig

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

HiOnPSIJan-18-05 05:57 AM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#4592, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 5

lol i have a fast trap speed.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
1998 Dodge Dakota Sport
12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04

www.haiokuracing.com

shaun> i'm sayin', bro!

Keith2172Jan-18-05 06:03 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#4593, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 5

That loss in time but higher speed could be a drop in low end torque (due to TB and no supporting mods). Definately go after a header, a port and polish of the intake wouldn't hurt (nor would a pocket port on the head). The Stratus gears may help a little, but a stall will help a lot more by getting the revs higher at the line. You've shifted the powerband higher into the RPM, now you need to reach that RPM sooner. You may also consider some polyurethane motor mounts to try to lower your reaction time some, it helps more on a manual than ours but I noticed a difference anyways. The TQ Reduction Mod is helpful. Im not sure exactly how much it helps, but I like how it feels. I hope this helps some, good luck.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

oRACLe063Jan-18-05 01:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#4594, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 7

well here is the gusto that i completely forgot to mention ... cant belive i forgot this aspect

1st time at track

14" stockers
80 degrees
hot track that was used all day

2nd time
17"
40 degrees
cold track .. lanes just opened

that i think did me in .. the 17"s and the cold track... but i was considering headers to go with my yet to be installed ert high flow cat ... the B&M trans cooler i have probably wants to get installed also .. if i can find room for the monster .. i was also considering the nitto drag radials for my 14"s also ... maybe than i can net a mid 2.4 60 .. or god willing a 2.3 !!!

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

TeamAvengerJan-19-05 07:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#4595, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by oRACLe063
well here is the gusto that i completely forgot to mention ... cant belive i forgot this aspect 1st time at track 14" stockers 80 degrees hot track that was used all day 2nd time 17" 40 degrees cold track .. lanes just opened that i think did me in .. the 17"s and the cold track... but i was considering headers to go with my yet to be installed ert high flow cat ... the B&M trans cooler i have probably wants to get installed also .. if i can find room for the monster .. i was also considering the nitto drag radials for my 14"s also ... maybe than i can net a mid 2.4 60 .. or god willing a 2.3 !!!

I don't know if a 2.3 is even possible. With my old stock AT trans (no high stall TQC or any trans mods) I was able to get something like a 2.47ish 60' (probably on the 16.9 run ages ago). I'm not sure a 2.3 is possible unless there is some serious get up and go. Funny part is it took me a while practicing with the MT to get into the 2.4s for 60'. I've never done better than that. When I first had the MT I was getting whopping 2.6 60' (yes I suck at my launch).

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

boostntofuFeb-06-05 11:17 PM
Member since Feb 07th 2005
11 posts,
#4618, "RE: trap speeds and quarter mile times"
In response to Reply # 9

89's hoping to hit the 90ish at the start of this next racing season

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4538 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic