Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4253
View in linear mode

Subject: "Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?" Previous topic | Next topic
420a-TnthewerksJun-22-04 10:07 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4253, "Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"

with these mods do you think i'm worthy of 12's in 1/4 mile?:
420a
8.8:1 CP or JE pistons
eagle rods
hrc stage 2 turbo kit
obx adj. cam gears
crane turbo cams
3 angle valve job
500cc injectors(or something close)
vortech sfmu
missing link
3" exhaust
walbro 255lph FP(with the accel in-line)
Greddy profec B spec 1 or 2(which do you guys think is better?)
UDP
60mm TB
bigger plug wires with new plugs
TUNING!
probably forgetting a few things i'm getting but that's the basics.

i've already purchased alot of the items and going through with the engine work soon. and i know i need new clutch, lsd, hella driving skills!, etc...but i'm just talking engine.

and no, i'm not rich - i'm 17(graduated),have had my car for over 2 1/2years, make $9/hour and i'm getting a loan and paying for it all myself. then going to college to be a mechanic, if anybody was curiou

anybody with a thought/idea of how much HP/torque i'd be getting around and 1/4 and 1/8 mile times would be awesome, thanx

and is anybody on here around eastern nebraska or western iowa? thanx again

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-22-04 10:14 PM, #1
RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-23-04 12:15 AM, #2
      RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Uberingram, Jun-23-04 11:31 AM, #3
RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, TeamDR1665, Jun-23-04 02:02 PM, #4
RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-23-04 04:54 PM, #5
      RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Justin99RS, Jun-24-04 02:39 AM, #6
           RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Sorry_i_Win, Jun-24-04 03:25 AM, #7
                RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Moderator992gnt, Jun-24-04 06:35 AM, #8
                     RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-24-04 08:39 AM, #9
                          RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-24-04 09:52 AM, #10
                               RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Teametx, Jun-26-04 10:56 AM, #11
                               RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Moderator992gnt, Jun-27-04 08:30 AM, #12
                                    RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, TeamDR1665, Jun-28-04 10:07 AM, #13
                                         RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 95 silver gs, Jun-30-04 03:53 PM, #14
                                              RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Teametx, Jul-03-04 12:58 PM, #19
                               RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Enigma002, Jun-30-04 06:43 PM, #15
                                    RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, DSMeclipseGS, Jul-01-04 09:06 AM, #16
                                         RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Moderator992gnt, Jul-01-04 11:02 AM, #17
                                              RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jul-02-04 05:23 PM, #18
                                                   RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Initial DSM, Jul-05-04 10:32 AM, #20
                                                        RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jul-06-04 02:51 PM, #21
                                                             RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Uberingram, Jul-06-04 04:35 PM, #22
                                                                  RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jul-07-04 12:16 AM, #23
                                                                       RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, HiOnPSI, Jul-13-04 12:19 PM, #24
                                                                            RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, Uberingram, Jul-13-04 01:11 PM, #25
                                                                                 RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jul-13-04 03:21 PM, #26
                                                                                      RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, HiOnPSI, Jul-13-04 10:08 PM, #27
                                                                                           RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-22-04 08:51 AM, #28
                                                                                                RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 98Talon, Jul-23-04 10:45 PM, #29
                                                                                                     RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420AYE, Jul-30-04 07:51 PM, #30
                                                                                                          RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, kelvinb1, Aug-07-04 12:52 PM, #31
                                                                                                               RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Aug-07-04 04:05 PM, #32
                                                                                                                    RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?, UDLUZE, Aug-13-04 05:52 AM, #33

420a-TnthewerksJun-22-04 10:14 PM
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4254, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 0

also forgot - how much boost do you think is capable with all this?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420a-TnthewerksJun-23-04 12:15 AM
2267 posts,
#4255, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 1

sorry, but editing period expired and i ALSO FORGOT 1mm over valves, hks ss bov, probably upgraded motor mounts and do you think i'll need fuel rails, intake mani, or bigger injectors? and i'm really sorry about all the questions, i'm just VERY curious and wanna do it right the first time, you know. thanx

UberingramJun-23-04 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#4256, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 2

Dead on tuning, PRACTICE and some drag radials need to be added to your list. You have a long way to go and it's always going to be an uphill battle. But that's what makes doing this so much fun.

TeamDR1665Jun-23-04 02:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#4257, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-23-04 02:03 PM by DR1665

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
with these mods do you think i'm worthy of 12's in 1/4 mile?

No. You will be somewhere in the upper 13s with that set up (if you get it tuned right - more than likely low 14s like a stock SRT4).

Bigger turbo for more air, 8 injectors for more fuel, slight head work to mix it better, tuning, and practice.

Even I've grown tired of bench racing. I Have a nice day.

Edited to be more pleasant.

420a-TnthewerksJun-23-04 04:54 PM
2267 posts,
#4259, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 4

lower 14's, really? i seen a guy on here with half the mods and no head work going to run 18 psi of boost daily and they estimated around 300whp with 12 second 1/4's.

Justin99RSJun-24-04 02:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#4260, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 5

its not the amount of mods that get it done...its tuning, driver ability, a bazzillion different factors....your #1 killer is that sissy ass 16g turbo your rocking....get a 20g or better yet 25g if you really wanna make some power...and your gonna need some drag radials to get it done....

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

Sorry_i_WinJun-24-04 03:25 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#4261, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Justin99RS
its not the amount of mods that get it done...its tuning, driver ability, a bazzillion different factors....your #1 killer is that sissy ass 16g turbo your rocking....get a 20g or better yet 25g if you really wanna make some power...and your gonna need some drag radials to get it done....

agreed.. 300whp won't get you 12's tho... maybe 400, but u'll want at least a 20g for that.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Moderator992gntJun-24-04 06:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#4263, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 7

I was running in the neighborhood of 350 fwhp in my Eclipse, and ran a best of 13.2 in the 1/4. With stickier tires, my trap speed tells me I should have been running in the upper 12's. When you get to that horsepower level, putting it to the ground becomes the problem - not making more power.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

420a-TnthewerksJun-24-04 08:39 AM
2267 posts,
#4264, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 8

thanx guys, i'll maybe be done around a month from now so once i get used to driving a turbo, i'll take it to the track and i'll post my times or something. and i was just wondering becuz Hahn ran 12.3 with the s16g, of course they had larger injectors and a computer but it's still a s16g and they say their stage 3 will get you around high twelves.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-24-04 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#4265, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 9

Those times are on slicks, with Bill Hahn Jr. driving. You're not Bill Hahn

992gnt could have easily been in the 12's had he ever run real slicks on his car. Many people here could be, if they had a good tire. The biggest issue is driver skill and PRACTICE!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeametxJun-26-04 10:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#4275, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 10

He had a standalone. I think using a standalone ems on our cars when turbo will uncover a lot of lost power. Someday ill have one.

Moderator992gntJun-27-04 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#4281, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 11

I wasn't full stand-alone, I was running gen 6 DFI, mostly half-assed/street tuned. The KEY to running quick times in these cars is traction, period. Let's do some bench racing:

I ran a 13.2 at 108.xx with a 2.2 60' time. A decent 60' would be around 1.7, let's just say I could cut a 1.8 on slicks - since I suck driving at the strip. That's a .4 second quicker 60' and common bench racing 'rules' tell us that for every tenth you drop your 60' time, you pick up 2 tenths at the big end. Applying that logic, IF I had slicks and IF I could drive, my 13.2 COULD have been a 12.4. See how easy it was to get into the 12's?

It's ALL about traction.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD

TeamDR1665Jun-28-04 10:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#4283, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by 992gnt
Let's do some bench racing: I ran a 13.2 at 108.xx with a 2.2 60' time. A decent 60' would be around 1.7, let's just say I could cut a 1.8 on slicks - since I suck driving at the strip. That's a .4 second quicker 60' and common bench racing 'rules' tell us that for every tenth you drop your 60' time, you pick up 2 tenths at the big end. Applying that logic, IF I had slicks and IF I could drive, my 13.2 COULD have been a 12.4. See how easy it was to get into the 12's? It's ALL about traction.

Okay. LOL. That was pretty damn good imo. My turn!

At 12pm CST etx leaves Detroit in his 2GNT heading south. An hour later, chryslerkid leaves Dallas in his GST heading north. What time do they meet and how many miles will each have travelled? Assume neither car breaks down. etx drives 80mph, ck drives 79mph.

95 silver gsJun-30-04 03:53 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2002
853 posts,
#4299, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 13

Ahhh Ck lives in plano and etx lives in canton. But there is construction also. So i say if that take off faster they will meet sooner.

TeametxJul-03-04 12:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#4305, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by 95 silver gs
Ahhh Ck lives in plano and etx lives in canton. But there is construction also. So i say if that take off faster they will meet sooner.

We would meet in Texas, duh. The 4g63 would break before it got out of CK's subdivision.

Enigma002Jun-30-04 06:43 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
45 posts,
#4301, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 10

I see alot of people talk about traction is one of our main faults, So do 4g63 GST have the same traction problems that we do or. Whats So different in their suspension/transmission setup

DSMeclipseGSJul-01-04 09:06 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#4302, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 15

well a 4g63 THAT IS AWD is a different ballpark all together.

"Who needs a 4G63? I'd rather walk the competition than my crank..."

- Bill Hahn.... 420a GOD

Moderator992gntJul-01-04 11:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#4303, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 16

GST's have the same problems. It's a WWD Wrong Wheel Drive) thing.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD

420a-TnthewerksJul-02-04 05:23 PM
2267 posts,
#4304, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 17

ok, well i've been seriously searching and reading all week and i see that most say a smfu won't handle above like 440cc injectors. so i was wondering what is the best fuel setup you have found for 500cc+? there are sooo many to choose from and all of the threads i've seen for this were back in 2001-02 so has anybody found a solid way to run bigger injectors - like a 420a ecu that reads boost and adjust timing and fuel accordingly!!! who ever invented that would be a very, very rich person! what about the ficu hahn was talking about a year ago. has that come out?

Initial DSMJul-05-04 10:32 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#4306, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 18

ok, well i've been seriously searching and reading all week and i see that most say a smfu won't handle above like 440cc injectors. so i was wondering what is the best fuel setup you have found for 500cc+? there are sooo many to choose from and all of the threads i've seen for this were back in 2001-02 so has anybody found a solid way to run bigger injectors - like a 420a ecu that reads boost and adjust timing and fuel accordingly!!! who ever invented that would be a very, very rich person! what about the ficu hahn was talking about a year ago. has that come out?

034EFI
Megasquirt

420a-TnthewerksJul-06-04 02:51 PM
2267 posts,
#4309, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 20
Jul-06-04 02:52 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

well i don't really want to do 8 injectors so how much boost will 415cc handle? like 17-18?

UberingramJul-06-04 04:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#4310, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 21

well i don't really want to do 8 injectors so how much boost will 415cc handle? like 17-18?

Megasquirt is not the same as 8 injector setup.

www.megasquirt.info

420a-TnthewerksJul-07-04 12:16 AM
2267 posts,
#4311, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 22

oh ish, some reason i totally skipped over the megasquirt idea but i actually read up on that awhile ago but that just aint what i want to do right now with my setup.

i need it reeaaally simple right now cuz i've been out my eclipse for like a month cuz timing issues and doing rebuild now, after that it's gonna be a long 1500 miles.

so after that i just want something that will hold me 18psi at the track...for now . so will 415cc w/sfmu be good for 18psi on a weekend warrior? (prolly 12-15 daily?)

HiOnPSIJul-13-04 12:19 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#4335, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 23
Jul-13-04 12:19 PM by HiOnPSI

good tires and driver skill, but i'm discredited.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS

12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04

www.haiokuracing.com

UberingramJul-13-04 01:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#4336, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by HiOnPSI
good tires and driver skill, but i'm discredited.

Jon here is the shit. Everyone eles hates.

420a-TnthewerksJul-13-04 03:21 PM
2267 posts,
#4337, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 25

yeah, i've read about people dissin on his 1.5 60'. what is your fuel setup HiOnPsi?

HiOnPSIJul-13-04 10:08 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#4338, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 26

cartech, 440's, walbro. you dont need the inline.

if you are really looking to secure yourself, you should consider 600+cc, 1:1, and standalone. much easier to do that once and get it over with than to continually upgrade like i've done. it depends on how hardcore you want to be. that's my plan, it'll be done before next season.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS

12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04

www.haiokuracing.com

eclipse982nrRSTJul-22-04 08:51 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#4341, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 27

wow 600's is alot of fuel, lol

98TalonJul-23-04 10:45 PM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#4342, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 28

If you guys want the opinion from a 12 second GS-T -

On my 12.80@115 run, I had a 2.0 60ft on BFG DR's. I launched, it hooked well and I let the boost alone handle 1st gear. As soon as I hit second I brought on the nitrous and the wheels broke loose again. The boost just hits too hard with nitrous spooling the turbo. I caught traction at the top of 2nd (still spraying) and grabbed 3rd. Heavy on the nitrous in 3rd, it kinda did this torque steerish break loose thing in 3rd as soon as the nitrous hit but it didn't blow them off, just enough to let you know that the tires didn't have much more grip. Ran 3rd out, grabbed 4th and let the nitrous pull it home. My car runs around 23-24psi when spraying with the boost creeping up to 25 at the top of third. I have the nitrous jetted fat (rich) to compensate for the stock injectors. Not the best way to do things, but the nitrous does a good job of cooling the intake charge, and getting the extra fuel into the engine. My car has stock 1990 suspension on it, and I feel like there is some extra time to be gained with a decent suspension setup. I won't do it though, I'm switching to AWD soon.

Sorry it was so long, but I thought I'd give you an idea of what a run in a 400ish (Totally a guess) hp eclipse is like in the 1/4 mile, so you'll know what to expect... Lots of tirespin, and you have to get good with it.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

420AYEJul-30-04 07:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#4348, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 29

maybe the power went out on jon's 1.5 60ft run....

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

kelvinb1Aug-07-04 12:52 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#4359, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 30
Aug-07-04 12:52 PM by kelvinb1

sorry to be off topic, but are your wheels and tires cut/pasted or what

420a-TnthewerksAug-07-04 04:05 PM
2267 posts,
#4360, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 31

Originally posted by kelvinb1
sorry to be off topic, but are your wheels and tires cut/pasted or what

HAHA if you're talkin about mine, the tires have that shine foam shit on them...i just got done cleaning it when i took that picture.

UDLUZEAug-13-04 05:52 AM
Member since Nov 08th 2002
60 posts,
#4380, "RE: Think I'm worthy for constant 12's?"
In response to Reply # 32

992GNT What setup were you running when you went 13.20 @108? 16 or 20G? How much boost? Just Curious.

(BUILT SHORTBLOCK, HRC S20G-H W/ FMIC, CRANE 16S, 450 dsm injectors, Chillfactory regulator, 3" EXHAUST, SPEC CLUTCH)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4253 Previous topic | Next topic