Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2316
View in linear mode

Subject: "What could I beat?" Previous topic | Next topic
BlakeW5Feb-04-03 07:50 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2003
60 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2316, "What could I beat?"

I know this is probably asked alot, but what could my 97 GS (auto, mods below) beat from stoplight to stoplight or in a highway race. With my past cars I have had an insane winning streak, and really don't like to lose. Also, I have a tendency to talk shit in regards to what my car can take, and don't want to talk myself into a losing battle. Where I'm from most of the guys drive V8 trucks, Camaros, and Mustangs (which I realize I more-than-likely can't beat), but we do have a few imports running around (mainly other N/T Eclipses, Celicas, and a Civic R). Any lists of what you've beat (preferibly if you're auto) would help.

97 Eclipse GS
- Ebay CAI
- Ebay Dual Tip Muffler
- Ebay Front and Rear Strut Bars
- Energy Suspension Motor Mounts

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What could I beat?, 1FastEclipse, Feb-06-03 12:45 PM, #1
RE: What could I beat?, python6586, Feb-07-03 04:44 PM, #2
      RE: What could I beat?, SlowEsi, Feb-07-03 05:00 PM, #3
      RE: What could I beat?, 1FastEclipse, Feb-07-03 05:05 PM, #4
           RE: What could I beat?, amljbs, Feb-13-03 01:42 PM, #5
                RE: What could I beat?, Artelmo99, Feb-14-03 04:00 PM, #6

1FastEclipseFeb-06-03 12:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2325, "RE: What could I beat?"
In response to Reply # 0

I hate to burst your bubble, but you really aren't going to be able to beat much with a AT that is very little modded. The V8's are completely out of the question (even the V6's would be tough), and of those cars that you listed, if they were also AT you might have a chance. My guess is you would be running a low 17 at best. Lot of the cars listed run mid 16's. V8 stangs and camaros run 14's stock. To get there you would need at least stage 2 turbo. If you picked up a underdrive pully, full exhaust, and throttle body you would have better luck hitting upper 16's. Hope this helps.

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

python6586Feb-07-03 04:44 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#2333, "RE: What could I beat?"
In response to Reply # 1

i am auto too and was wondering if i could beat a civic ex with an exhuast. he is manny and im auto i got I/E soon to have final drive done so what u think?

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

SlowEsiFeb-07-03 05:00 PM
Member since Jan 24th 2003
104 posts,
#2334, "RE: What could I beat?"
In response to Reply # 2

Which driver is fatter?:p

1FastEclipseFeb-07-03 05:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
#2335, "RE: What could I beat?"
In response to Reply # 2

As much as I hate Civics, I would have to say it would be really close. Civic EX is rated at about a 16.7 1/4 mile. So with a exhuast he might pull off a mid to low 16. You, with a AT and I/E would likely pull a high 16 to low 17. I think in this race it is all up to if the guy in the Manual Slowic can drive. Hope this helps.

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

amljbsFeb-13-03 01:42 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#2351, "RE: What could I beat?"
In response to Reply # 4

I have an auto as well and the guy down the street from me has a Civic EX manual with full exhaust. I currently have Short ram air intake, 4-2-1 header and free flow exhaust from the cat back. It is really close but I can still take him every time by about a car. However before I did the header he would jump nicely off the line and I had to play catch up.

1998 Eclipse GST

Artelmo99Feb-14-03 04:00 PM
Member since Dec 15th 2002
64 posts,
#2352, "RE: What could I beat?"
In response to Reply # 5

I've got a 99 gs stick and I've found all base model being interga, civics,and some others I have no problem but when it came to preludes and mx-6 and others no way.
Now top end in a long distance where our cars get over 120 mph. theirs are usually limited at lower speeds so thats pretty sweet.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2316 Previous topic | Next topic