Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectWhat could I beat?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=2316
2316, What could I beat?
Posted by BlakeW5, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know this is probably asked alot, but what could my 97 GS (auto, mods below) beat from stoplight to stoplight or in a highway race. With my past cars I have had an insane winning streak, and really don't like to lose. Also, I have a tendency to talk shit in regards to what my car can take, and don't want to talk myself into a losing battle. Where I'm from most of the guys drive V8 trucks, Camaros, and Mustangs (which I realize I more-than-likely can't beat), but we do have a few imports running around (mainly other N/T Eclipses, Celicas, and a Civic R). Any lists of what you've beat (preferibly if you're auto) would help.
2325, RE: What could I beat?
Posted by 1FastEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I hate to burst your bubble, but you really aren't going to be able to beat much with a AT that is very little modded. The V8's are completely out of the question (even the V6's would be tough), and of those cars that you listed, if they were also AT you might have a chance. My guess is you would be running a low 17 at best. Lot of the cars listed run mid 16's. V8 stangs and camaros run 14's stock. To get there you would need at least stage 2 turbo. If you picked up a underdrive pully, full exhaust, and throttle body you would have better luck hitting upper 16's. Hope this helps.
2333, RE: What could I beat?
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i am auto too and was wondering if i could beat a civic ex with an exhuast. he is manny and im auto i got I/E soon to have final drive done so what u think?
2334, RE: What could I beat?
Posted by SlowEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Which driver is fatter?:p
2335, RE: What could I beat?
Posted by 1FastEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
As much as I hate Civics, I would have to say it would be really close. Civic EX is rated at about a 16.7 1/4 mile. So with a exhuast he might pull off a mid to low 16. You, with a AT and I/E would likely pull a high 16 to low 17. I think in this race it is all up to if the guy in the Manual Slowic can drive. Hope this helps.
2351, RE: What could I beat?
Posted by amljbs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have an auto as well and the guy down the street from me has a Civic EX manual with full exhaust. I currently have Short ram air intake, 4-2-1 header and free flow exhaust from the cat back. It is really close but I can still take him every time by about a car. However before I did the header he would jump nicely off the line and I had to play catch up.
2352, RE: What could I beat?
Posted by Artelmo99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've got a 99 gs stick and I've found all base model being interga, civics,and some others I have no problem but when it came to preludes and mx-6 and others no way.
Now top end in a long distance where our cars get over 120 mph. theirs are usually limited at lower speeds so thats pretty sweet.
I generated this page in 0.0082180500030518 seconds, executing 7 queries.