Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9479
View in linear mode

Subject: "do i need this piece on my amp?" Previous topic | Next topic
ajna_starJul-14-04 07:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9479, "do i need this piece on my amp?"

one of the outside metal rings on where the rca cables connect to is missing... do i need that?

if so where can i get it?

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BRU_ceJul-14-04 07:08 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
1457 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9480, "RE: do i need this piece on my amp?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, that's the ground and if you don't use it you'll most likely get hissing or clicking sounds through your speakers on that channel. You could try to find the piece on an old VCR and rip it off and solder it onto your amp, but it's kind of a PITA to do.

Oh no! My sig died! I'll get another one.
Member and Co-Founder of FLDSM

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SPL_EclipseJul-15-04 02:22 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#9481, "RE: do i need this piece on my amp?"
In response to Reply # 1

if you want to be REALLY cheap, run a mono signal to the amp and solder a jumper between the two RCA grounds at the amp. you might get some noise but it will work.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-19-04 09:21 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#9494, "RE: do i need this piece on my amp?"
In response to Reply # 2

local electronics shop can soldera new one into the board if you cant. shouldnt cost much

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Mitchell on Demand copies available

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9479 Previous topic | Next topic