Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectdo i need this piece on my amp?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=9479
9479, do i need this piece on my amp?
Posted by ajna_star, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
one of the outside metal rings on where the rca cables connect to is missing... do i need that?

if so where can i get it?

9480, RE: do i need this piece on my amp?
Posted by BRU_ce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, that's the ground and if you don't use it you'll most likely get hissing or clicking sounds through your speakers on that channel. You could try to find the piece on an old VCR and rip it off and solder it onto your amp, but it's kind of a PITA to do.
9481, RE: do i need this piece on my amp?
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you want to be REALLY cheap, run a mono signal to the amp and solder a jumper between the two RCA grounds at the amp. you might get some noise but it will work. ;)
9494, RE: do i need this piece on my amp?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
local electronics shop can soldera new one into the board if you cant. shouldnt cost much

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Mitchell on Demand copies available
I generated this page in 0.0089931488037109 seconds, executing 7 queries.