Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8955
View in linear mode

Subject: "clarion????" Previous topic | Next topic
ajcfalconMay-05-04 08:38 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
1104 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8955, "clarion????"

has anyone ever had a clarion head unit? i wanna know what kind of quality these things have and i wanna know if these break easily or what?

only people who have had these or have seen them in person reply to this..

thanks guys,
im ready to buy but i wana know if there is anything that i should know that you already know. know what i mean?

1998 GS
Mods: Cold air intake, Ported/polished stock intake manifold, AFX 55mm TB, Pacesetter header,
Custom Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system, AFX Underdrive pulley,
B&M short throw shifter(cut/welded), Symborski Shift Kit, Solid front motor mount, Monster ground wire kit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: clarion????, SPL_Eclipse, May-05-04 09:16 AM, #1
RE: clarion????, eclipse982nrRST, May-05-04 09:56 AM, #2
      RE: clarion????, EvMan2345, May-05-04 10:09 AM, #3
           RE: clarion????, ajcfalcon, May-05-04 10:15 AM, #4
                RE: clarion????, CrazyEclipse, May-05-04 05:42 PM, #5
                     RE: clarion????, TanDaMan99, May-06-04 04:36 PM, #6
                          RE: clarion????, CrazyEclipse, May-06-04 04:39 PM, #7

SPL_EclipseMay-05-04 09:16 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8956, "RE: clarion????"
In response to Reply # 0

ive had my clarion head for about 5 years now. still works perfectly, and barely shows any signs of use (button lables havnt worn off, no plastic fading, but the knob rubber is nicked in a couple places).

HIGHLY recommended.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTMay-05-04 09:56 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#8957, "RE: clarion????"
In response to Reply # 1

i strictly use clarion and phoenix gold audio. i have a clarion head unit for 2 years and like SPL said, its pretty much awesome. great features and you would think it was brand new every time you would see it. no fading in colors or anything. high rec'd too. i also run 5 clarion screens and are amazing as well. good luck on your decision!

EvMan2345May-05-04 10:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#8958, "RE: clarion????"
In response to Reply # 2

ive got a clarion touchscreen cd player... love it- have had it for almost 2 yrs and ive had no probs...

Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

ajcfalconMay-05-04 10:15 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
1104 posts,
#8959, "RE: clarion????"
In response to Reply # 3

great, thanks a lot guys. i was thinkin about getting the clarion motorized 7" dvd hu, but im also thinking of the dxz945mp. it is just a regular head unit but it is a touch screen and looks sick.

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50558&item=3094229493&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

i have a white car with blue accents, and the screen lights up blue and i think it would look really cool with the rest of my stuff. this will save me enough money to get just a screen that i can mount in my dash and just hook up a dvd player into that.

let me know what you guys think.

1998 GS
Mods: Cold air intake, Ported/polished stock intake manifold, AFX 55mm TB, Pacesetter header,
Custom Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system, AFX Underdrive pulley,
B&M short throw shifter(cut/welded), Symborski Shift Kit, Solid front motor mount, Monster ground wire kit.

CrazyEclipseMay-05-04 05:42 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#8964, "RE: clarion????"
In response to Reply # 4

I too have the clarion touch screen. Redid all the audio system with another brand, and was told by many that I should swap out my Clarion, but I am attached to it. It would take A LOT to separate me from my Clarion. I just dont like the volume controls, but that is nittygritty.

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at whats going on
End of Project Goal - 5/12/04
member# 2498 / female member# unknown

TanDaMan99May-06-04 04:36 PM
Member since Mar 24th 2004
128 posts,
#8972, "RE: clarion????"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah, Clarions are badass but I always wondered if the motorized flip out touch screens would fit in our cars. I always pictured myself accidentaly punching the screen when its out at a gear shift. Is there enough room?

She's a good car. But it's time for me to move on. I'll miss her more than anything but my next car will have the same heart with the same passionate drivers. I hope things workout best for the both of us.

CrazyEclipseMay-06-04 04:39 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#8973, "RE: clarion????"
In response to Reply # 6

There is plenty of room for the flip out screen. 3rd comes close, but theres maybe one inch when in gear. That is also mounting it on top and a pocket below. Putting the screen on the bottom probubly wont work.

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at whats going on
End of Project Goal - 5/12/04
member# 2498 / female member# unknown

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8955 Previous topic | Next topic