Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectclarion????
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=8955
8955, clarion????
Posted by ajcfalcon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
has anyone ever had a clarion head unit? i wanna know what kind of quality these things have and i wanna know if these break easily or what?

only people who have had these or have seen them in person reply to this..

thanks guys,
im ready to buy but i wana know if there is anything that i should know that you already know. know what i mean?
8956, RE: clarion????
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ive had my clarion head for about 5 years now. still works perfectly, and barely shows any signs of use (button lables havnt worn off, no plastic fading, but the knob rubber is nicked in a couple places).

HIGHLY recommended. ;)
8957, RE: clarion????
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i strictly use clarion and phoenix gold audio. i have a clarion head unit for 2 years and like SPL said, its pretty much awesome. great features and you would think it was brand new every time you would see it. no fading in colors or anything. high rec'd too. i also run 5 clarion screens and are amazing as well. good luck on your decision!
8958, RE: clarion????
Posted by EvMan2345, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ive got a clarion touchscreen cd player... love it- have had it for almost 2 yrs and ive had no probs...

Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com
8959, RE: clarion????
Posted by ajcfalcon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
great, thanks a lot guys. i was thinkin about getting the clarion motorized 7" dvd hu, but im also thinking of the dxz945mp. it is just a regular head unit but it is a touch screen and looks sick.

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50558&item=3094229493&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

i have a white car with blue accents, and the screen lights up blue and i think it would look really cool with the rest of my stuff. this will save me enough money to get just a screen that i can mount in my dash and just hook up a dvd player into that.

let me know what you guys think.
8964, RE: clarion????
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I too have the clarion touch screen. Redid all the audio system with another brand, and was told by many that I should swap out my Clarion, but I am attached to it. It would take A LOT to separate me from my Clarion. I just dont like the volume controls, but that is nittygritty.

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at whats going on
End of Project Goal - 5/12/04
member# 2498 / female member# unknown
8972, RE: clarion????
Posted by TanDaMan99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, Clarions are badass but I always wondered if the motorized flip out touch screens would fit in our cars. I always pictured myself accidentaly punching the screen when its out at a gear shift. Is there enough room?
8973, RE: clarion????
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There is plenty of room for the flip out screen. 3rd comes close, but theres maybe one inch when in gear. That is also mounting it on top and a pocket below. Putting the screen on the bottom probubly wont work.

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at whats going on
End of Project Goal - 5/12/04
member# 2498 / female member# unknown
I generated this page in 0.010020017623901 seconds, executing 7 queries.