Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #787
View in threaded mode

Subject: "pricing on custom-made stealth box?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Tanqueray201Nov-23-01 10:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#787, "pricing on custom-made stealth box?"

I went to a shop to get a quote on having a fiberglass enclosure built...something like a stealthbox, but made to hold a 12" IDQ sub. I was told that I'd be charged their general labor rate of $85/hr, and that it would take two full days.

Let's see...$85 x 2 days x 8 hours/day = way more f*@!^&# money than I was planning to spend!!!!!!!!

This this a typical quote for fiberglass work? I was expecting $200-$300, so it really blew me away!

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1996 Eagle Talon n/t(for sale!)
1998 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
koolade9Nov-23-01 04:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#788, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 0

ya near IL?? for $200 and enough beer to keep me motivated, we'll set ya up.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fauchpjNov-24-01 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#789, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 1

that would be like 1200 bucks just get the jl box. it should be like $430-500. its worth it and it already comes with a speaker

klipzracerNov-25-01 09:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#790, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 2

or you could just buy it from stan (stan2gnt) used.

CVedEclipseNov-25-01 02:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#791, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 3

damn!! what shop did you go to? that is waaaaaay too high! i think there are some shops that will do a custom setup (fiberglass) for like 300-400.

haha... but i dont think youll beat 200 and some beer! good deal bro! haha

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Tanqueray201Nov-25-01 03:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#792, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 3

>or you could just buy it from stan (stan2gnt) used.

I just noticed it on eBay. hmm...i would have been interested before, but I already have a 12" IDQ sub on the way from sounddomain.com.

I might check a couple more shops this week...if I can't find anything reasonable, I might go for Stan's box and return the IDQ...but I did have my heart set on a 12"

Unfortunately, I'm in NJ, so I can't take koolade up on his offer

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1996 Eagle Talon n/t(for sale!)
1998 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

LoudEclipseNov-27-01 05:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#793, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 5

mother fucka, 200 and beer, dude in the words of sugar hill gang, jump on it, do it dude, mail him like 300 (100 worth of beer, blake has a drinking problem ) and maybe he could even ship it to you

LoudEclipseNov-27-01 05:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#794, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 6

Or actually you can do what i am gonna do and make my own, it might be hard but will be worth it in the end.

koolade9Nov-28-01 05:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#795, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 7

hahahaha!!

jZaNov-30-01 03:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#796, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 8

lmao, in that case maybe i'll send you some beer money to get you started on my kicks, and then we'll work a deal on the final price when you're done

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

whyucrynDec-05-01 03:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
96 posts,
#797, "RE: pricing on custom-made stealth box?"
In response to Reply # 0

you buy the beer and supplies and help me, i could have it done for less than 150. but you have to be here in san diego first though.

LIFE IS TO SHORT
1997 GS

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #787 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic