Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7840
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRDec-17-03 03:29 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7840, "Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"

Are there any spots on the firewall that I can run wires thru to my interior? I looked around but didnt see any where not even those lil black pieces of rubber that cover up the hole. I own a 98' GS if there was any difference in the years on what they did to the firewall.

Thanks In Advance

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
SILVERNTDec-17-03 03:41 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7841, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 0

steering boot

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ozzmosis86Dec-17-03 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
549 posts,
#7842, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 0

On the passenger side there is a big one on the firewall. I ran 2 4AWG power wires through it. It was easiest for me to run a coat hanger into the interior through the grommet, and pull the wires into the engine compartment. I also have a 98 GS.

Andy

Check out my homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/ozzmosis86/Home.htm

and my pics page:
http://community.webshots.com/album/95705837hSPLvt

docta doomDec-17-03 06:16 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
240 posts,
#7843, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 2

http://home.att.net/~xmethodx/eclipse check the how to's thats how i ran mine. if your GS is auto there should be one up on the driver's side

sucker MC

CrazyEclipseDec-20-03 07:16 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#7859, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 3

I think the gromet is in the same place on 2g's, pass side lower area. I slipped an odd and 4 gauge wire through while the stcok wires where still run - WD40 is great!
If all else fails, drill a hole yourself! I have 3 holes that were drilled since mid summer, no problems yet!

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out
member# 2498 / girl member# unknown

EclipseTenzoRDec-20-03 07:17 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#7863, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 4

How low is it.. I have been looking all over and it is really not visible in the engine compartment. Do I need to crawl under my car to see it?

eclipse_99rsDec-21-03 03:29 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#7866, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 5

its down lowjust to the left of the intake manifold. Also if you look Under the dash on the passenger side you will see a whole bunch of wires coming in to the car through a large grommet.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

SPL_EclipseDec-22-03 05:23 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#7867, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 6

ya, run the wires from the passenger compartment through to the engine bay. its much easier that way, as you can easily spot and draw up the wires from the engine than trying to feed them in vice versa.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

J-SDec-25-03 12:49 PM
Member since Dec 16th 2003
6 posts,
#7873, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 7

I concur with SPL....I did same thing here.

Works great.

Sigma Chi 200Dec-25-03 01:24 PM
Member since Feb 02nd 2003
74 posts,
#7875, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 8

How did everyone get the fuse and fuse cover through. I didn't know how to get around that without cutting the wire and putting it back together once it was through the firewall. This may decrease the performance of the power wire, etc. Any thoughts???

FarOutKuckiDec-25-03 04:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2719 posts,
#7877, "RE: Need Place In Firewall To Run Wires Thru"
In response to Reply # 9

run the wire from the other way around maybe? (engine--->firewall--->passenger area)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7840 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic