Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7192
View in linear mode

Subject: "ALARM RELAY" Previous topic | Next topic
solareclipsegurlSep-18-03 04:44 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
254 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7192, "ALARM RELAY"

Ok, here's my problem. I recently installed a blitz Turbo timer using the gst harness and I have a python alarm system. Now the TT works great, but I can't activate my alarm till the timer shuts off. I'm told I need a relay in the alarm so that I can set it while the car is still running. Long story short I don't feel like paying 60 + bux to have soundtrack put in the relay. Can anyone tell me how to do it and what I will need? Its no good having a TT if I still have to wait to set my alarm.

Thanx in advance guys!

~Lisa~

www.liquidimaginationz.com
www.extremecarsinc.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSSep-18-03 09:03 AM
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7193, "RE: ALARM RELAY"
In response to Reply # 0

You basically need to interupt the ignition wire going to the alarm. On the Python, the ignition input wire is yellow. You will need 1 SPDT 12V relay (you need a 5 pin relay). Now you have to find what wire on your TT is active and sending and output whenever the TT is active. This will turn on you relay. Wire the relay as follows: Pin#'s are on the underside of the relay, next to the pins:

85 & 86- these pins need a positive and negaitve connecton. These 2 pins will turn the relay on and off. Depending on you TT, if the wire coming from it that is active when the TT is on, is a negative output, then connect that wire to 85, and connect +12volts to 86. Vise versa if the TT wire is a positve output.

87A- Cut the alarm's yellow ignition wire input, and connect one end here.

30- Connect the remaining end of the cut yellow wire and connect here.

Thats really all there is too it. If your alarm has a shock sensor, you can bypass it using your transmitter when you arm it. Pressing the arm button twice in a row when arming will disable that zone on the alarm. OR, you can use another relay, and interupt the power wire that goes to the alarm's shock sensor, when the TT is active.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

solareclipsegurlOct-01-03 05:05 PM
254 posts,
#7258, "RE: ALARM RELAY"
In response to Reply # 1

Well i'm still trying to get my alarm to work like u said, but heres another question. When my alarm goes off, the lights dont flash anymore *headlights, taillights*, can anyone tell me why that is????

~Lisa~

www.liquidimaginationz.com
www.extremecarsinc.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7192 Previous topic | Next topic