Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectALARM RELAY
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=7192
7192, ALARM RELAY
Posted by solareclipsegurl, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, here's my problem. I recently installed a blitz Turbo timer using the gst harness and I have a python alarm system. Now the TT works great, but I can't activate my alarm till the timer shuts off. I'm told I need a relay in the alarm so that I can set it while the car is still running. Long story short I don't feel like paying 60 + bux to have soundtrack put in the relay. Can anyone tell me how to do it and what I will need? Its no good having a TT if I still have to wait to set my alarm.

Thanx in advance guys!
7193, RE: ALARM RELAY
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You basically need to interupt the ignition wire going to the alarm. On the Python, the ignition input wire is yellow. You will need 1 SPDT 12V relay (you need a 5 pin relay). Now you have to find what wire on your TT is active and sending and output whenever the TT is active. This will turn on you relay. Wire the relay as follows: Pin#'s are on the underside of the relay, next to the pins:

85 & 86- these pins need a positive and negaitve connecton. These 2 pins will turn the relay on and off. Depending on you TT, if the wire coming from it that is active when the TT is on, is a negative output, then connect that wire to 85, and connect +12volts to 86. Vise versa if the TT wire is a positve output.

87A- Cut the alarm's yellow ignition wire input, and connect one end here.

30- Connect the remaining end of the cut yellow wire and connect here.

Thats really all there is too it. If your alarm has a shock sensor, you can bypass it using your transmitter when you arm it. Pressing the arm button twice in a row when arming will disable that zone on the alarm. OR, you can use another relay, and interupt the power wire that goes to the alarm's shock sensor, when the TT is active.
7258, RE: ALARM RELAY
Posted by solareclipsegurl, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well i'm still trying to get my alarm to work like u said, but heres another question. When my alarm goes off, the lights dont flash anymore *headlights, taillights*, can anyone tell me why that is????
I generated this page in 0.011852979660034 seconds, executing 7 queries.