Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3985
View in linear mode

Subject: "2 simple questions...." Previous topic | Next topic
ChildsSep-19-02 10:46 AM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3985, "2 simple questions...."

1) Where can I get a wiring harness for the stock Infinity CD/TAPE/STEREO? I called the dealer today and the guy quoted something like...$700, because they wont sell me just the part I want, so I have to buy the harness that runs all throughout the dash.

2) How to you hook up the dash tweeters? The stereo looks like it only natively supports 4 speakers...do I splice the tweeters to the front speakers?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2 simple questions...., SPL_Eclipse, Sep-19-02 02:36 PM, #1
RE: 2 simple questions...., a_miller_76, Sep-20-02 12:15 AM, #2
RE: 2 simple questions...., Childs, Sep-20-02 06:15 AM, #4
      RE: 2 simple questions...., a_miller_76, Sep-20-02 06:24 AM, #5
RE: 2 simple questions...., Childs, Sep-20-02 06:15 AM, #3
      RE: 2 simple questions...., djtrickee, Sep-20-02 07:33 AM, #6
           RE: 2 simple questions...., a_miller_76, Sep-20-02 08:14 AM, #7
           RE: 2 simple questions...., djtrickee, Sep-20-02 08:38 AM, #8
                RE: 2 simple questions...., oMInOUs97RS, Sep-20-02 04:15 PM, #9
                     RE: 2 simple questions...., a_miller_76, Sep-22-02 11:22 PM, #12
           RE: 2 simple questions...., Childs, Sep-20-02 06:27 PM, #10
                RE: 2 simple questions...., djtrickee, Sep-20-02 07:45 PM, #11

SPL_EclipseSep-19-02 02:36 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3986, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 0

as far as the harness goes, are you looking for the factory connector? did the original one get chopped off and now you need to replace it? if so i think best buy (and probably circuit city, etc.) might have it. i know when i worked at best buy and someone needed a headunit installed but didnt have the OEM connector still attached, we were requiered to re-install the factoy on before doing any work.

i took out the factoy tweets on the FIRST day i had the car, so its been a couple of years scince ive seen them, but i believe they are just spliced into the front speaker wires, and have a resistor attached to filter lower frequecies and reduce the stress on the headunit amp. im not entirly sure though.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Sep-20-02 12:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#3987, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yep....

Most Circuit City's have stopped carrying the CC harnesses which are factory replacements. We never had a Mitsubishi one at our shop. Dude, just go there and have them hardwire your harness in...it will cost you $15.00, the same as a CC harness...that is if you're putting in an aftermarket head unit...if you're trying to go back to factory go to Cir Cit and ask them to order you a CC harness from Metra. It will cost you around $20.

ChildsSep-20-02 06:15 AM
44 posts,
#3988, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 2

BTW...Aaron, that stock airbox did the trick as far as SMOG went...thanks.

a_miller_76Sep-20-02 06:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#3989, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 4

>BTW...Aaron, that stock airbox did the trick as far as SMOG
>went...thanks.

Cool, I forgot who bought it from me...check your feedback bud

ChildsSep-20-02 06:15 AM
44 posts,
#3990, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks. Yeah...someone replaced the factory stereo and just cut off the factory harness instead of getting the kit. I was looking through the car and I did find the original harness connector, so I might as well put it splice it together myself...it'll just look like ass.

As far as the resistor on the tweeter goes...does anyone know where theres a write up on how one would do that? Besides the generic "just put a resistor on there!"

djtrickeeSep-20-02 07:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3991, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 3

I have the original resistors from my dash speakers. I gutted them out to use the shell to install better aftermarket tweeters. If you want them just email or PM me and I will send em to ya.
-Chris b.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

a_miller_76Sep-20-02 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#3992, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 6

^^^Damn good idea isn't it Chris?

djtrickeeSep-20-02 08:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3993, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 7

Yes it is!!
After seeing the stock dash speakers are in fact just crappy paper whizzers, I decided right then and there to replace them with aftermarket tweeters. No other option in my mind. And with gutting the original ones the new ones just bolted right into the shell and it still looks stock (but sounds WAY better)
Just a thought.
-Chris b.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

oMInOUs97RSSep-20-02 04:15 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#3994, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 8

Hey Aaron, I take it you work at Circuit also?

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

a_miller_76Sep-22-02 11:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#3995, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 9

>Hey Aaron, I take it you work at Circuit also?

Yep, sure do Part time, just a weekend play job basically.

ChildsSep-20-02 06:27 PM
44 posts,
#3996, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 6

Sure..thanks. Can you maybe post a picture of them? I'm sure I could do something similar....if not I'll take them. What do you want for shipping to 94610?

djtrickeeSep-20-02 07:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3997, "RE: 2 simple questions...."
In response to Reply # 10

I will have to whip out the digi cam tomorrow to take pics
I will check on shipping, but since they are only the resistors and not the whole speaker, i'm sure they wont be much more than a couple of bucks.
-Chris b.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3985 Previous topic | Next topic