Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12321
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need some help...... fast" Previous topic | Next topic
TRELEEJun-15-06 03:02 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2006
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12321, "Need some help...... fast"

Ok someone broke into my car stole my deck and fucked up the wiring inside so I blew a fuse that turned on the inside light and a couple other things well I replaced it and now my gauges dont work, the speed, rpm nothing can someone tell me what I need to do??? thanks

All day everyday

Tre'

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need some help...... fast, Graph-X, Jun-15-06 04:52 PM, #1
RE: Need some help...... fast, TRELEE, Jun-15-06 06:10 PM, #2
      RE: Need some help...... fast, gc8dc95, Jun-15-06 10:25 PM, #3
           RE: Need some help...... fast, Graph-X, Jun-16-06 01:03 AM, #4
                RE: Need some help...... fast, TeamDR1665, Jun-16-06 05:10 AM, #5
                     RE: Need some help...... fast, Kirby, Jun-16-06 08:18 AM, #6
                          RE: Need some help...... fast, TeamDR1665, Jun-16-06 09:00 AM, #7

Graph-XJun-15-06 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12322, "RE: Need some help...... fast"
In response to Reply # 0

trace wires...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TRELEEJun-15-06 06:10 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2006
8 posts,
#12323, "RE: Need some help...... fast"
In response to Reply # 1

What do you mean trace wires the gauges worked untill I changes the fuse if someone could tell me how to put pics on here I could show everyone what it looks like?

All day everyday

Tre'

gc8dc95Jun-15-06 10:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
385 posts,
#12324, "RE: Need some help...... fast"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-15-06 10:25 PM by gc8dc95

just type in the address to the pic...

1995 Eagle Talon ESi
Powered by NX wet kit

Graph-XJun-16-06 01:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#12325, "RE: Need some help...... fast"
In response to Reply # 3

By trace wires, I mean get a circuit tester and follow the wires until you find something wrong. Since everything stopped working when you changed the fuses, start at the fuse box. It's tedious and a huge pain in the ass, but it's all I can think of to tell you. If someone pulled/ripped out wires when they broke into the car. You might have a short, or a poor connection somewhere. This would explain why something as harmless as changing fuses would (with a little jiggle in the right place) cause something unrelated to stop working.

TeamDR1665Jun-16-06 05:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#12326, "RE: Need some help...... fast"
In response to Reply # 4

I would start where they cut all the wires to steal your shit. If they jacked it all up and you blew a fuse when you turned it on, then you need to fix what they broke first. I'll bet that's where your problem is.

KirbyJun-16-06 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#12327, "RE: Need some help...... fast"
In response to Reply # 5

Arn't the guages on a different fuse? Fix what they riped up first, then check the fuse panel, IIRC the guages have their own fuse...

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

TeamDR1665Jun-16-06 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#12328, "RE: Need some help...... fast"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Kirby
Arn't the guages on a different fuse? Fix what they riped up first, then check the fuse panel, IIRC the guages have their own fuse...

I think you're right, however, my radio is set up to dim all the display lights when the parking lights are on, so it's got to be tied in somehow.

I think this would get better responses in audio/alarm/av. Lots of wiring gurus up in there.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12321 Previous topic | Next topic