Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectNeed some help...... fast
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12321
12321, Need some help...... fast
Posted by TRELEE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok someone broke into my car stole my deck and fucked up the wiring inside so I blew a fuse that turned on the inside light and a couple other things well I replaced it and now my gauges dont work, the speed, rpm nothing can someone tell me what I need to do??? thanks
12322, RE: Need some help...... fast
Posted by Graph-X, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
trace wires...
12323, RE: Need some help...... fast
Posted by TRELEE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What do you mean trace wires the gauges worked untill I changes the fuse if someone could tell me how to put pics on here I could show everyone what it looks like?
12324, RE: Need some help...... fast
Posted by gc8dc95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just type in the address to the pic...

12325, RE: Need some help...... fast
Posted by Graph-X, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
By trace wires, I mean get a circuit tester and follow the wires until you find something wrong. Since everything stopped working when you changed the fuses, start at the fuse box. It's tedious and a huge pain in the ass, but it's all I can think of to tell you. If someone pulled/ripped out wires when they broke into the car. You might have a short, or a poor connection somewhere. This would explain why something as harmless as changing fuses would (with a little jiggle in the right place) cause something unrelated to stop working.

12326, RE: Need some help...... fast
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would start where they cut all the wires to steal your shit. If they jacked it all up and you blew a fuse when you turned it on, then you need to fix what they broke first. I'll bet that's where your problem is.
12327, RE: Need some help...... fast
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Arn't the guages on a different fuse? Fix what they riped up first, then check the fuse panel, IIRC the guages have their own fuse...
12328, RE: Need some help...... fast
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
Arn't the guages on a different fuse? Fix what they riped up first, then check the fuse panel, IIRC the guages have their own fuse...

I think you're right, however, my radio is set up to dim all the display lights when the parking lights are on, so it's got to be tied in somehow.

I think this would get better responses in audio/alarm/av. Lots of wiring gurus up in there.
I generated this page in 0.0096609592437744 seconds, executing 7 queries.