Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12035
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors" Previous topic | Next topic
LeakyMitsuFeb-25-06 04:49 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12035, "How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors"

Anyone come up with any great ideas on how to get aftermarket speaker wire through the boot/grommet in the doors? i cant even tell where the wires come out?!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors, slamnthweight630, Feb-26-06 08:00 AM, #1
RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-28-06 06:03 AM, #2
RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors, VOTBLINDUB, Mar-04-06 02:36 PM, #3
RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors, Lunareclips, Mar-05-06 04:49 AM, #4
      RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors, LeakyMitsu, Mar-07-06 08:37 AM, #5
           RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors, bedlam32570, Mar-08-06 04:58 PM, #6
           RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors, VOTBLINDUB, Mar-12-06 01:50 PM, #7

slamnthweight630Feb-26-06 08:00 AM
Member since Jan 04th 2005
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12036, "RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors"
In response to Reply # 0

run a clothes hanger through the hole and then tape the wire to it and pull back through. i did this for my amp power wire through the firewall. if it still won't go through put vaasoline on the wire. i did this after fooling with it forever and it slid right through

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-28-06 06:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#12038, "RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by LeakyMitsu
Anyone come up with any great ideas on how to get aftermarket speaker wire through the boot/grommet in the doors? i cant even tell where the wires come out?!

It's a bit of a pain in the ass. Not sure if all the model years are like this, but on my 99gs.

Open the door, and pop off the end of the boot connected to the body. Give the sides a pinch and it should go, if not gently use a flat screwdriver to pry it off. Pull the tubing back a little and disconnect the connector.

With the wires disconnected from the connector, go inside the car and look up under the dash, you'll see the door connector body. Unscrew the screws holding it in place and the connector assembly will come out(It's a PITA to get to the screws, very little room)

I just drilled some holes in the dead space of the connector body to feed the speaker wires thru.

Put it all back together and start feeding the wires. It's a pain, but it can be done.

VOTBLINDUBMar-04-06 02:36 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#12039, "RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors"
In response to Reply # 2

you need a poke basically a metal wire kinda of like a clothes hanger, it needs to be stiff enough to be pushed thro something like the rubber hose there and still flexible so it can curve. and there you go, a pokey

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

LunareclipsMar-05-06 04:49 AM
Member since Mar 05th 2006
9 posts,
#12041, "RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by sd_eclipse
Originally posted by LeakyMitsu Anyone come up with any great ideas on how to get aftermarket speaker wire through the boot/grommet in the doors? i cant even tell where the wires come out?!
It's a bit of a pain in the ass. Not sure if all the model years are like this, but on my 99gs. Open the door, and pop off the end of the boot connected to the body. Give the sides a pinch and it should go, if not gently use a flat screwdriver to pry it off. Pull the tubing back a little and disconnect the connector. With the wires disconnected from the connector, go inside the car and look up under the dash, you'll see the door connector body. Unscrew the screws holding it in place and the connector assembly will come out(It's a PITA to get to the screws, very little room) I just drilled some holes in the dead space of the connector body to feed the speaker wires thru. Put it all back together and start feeding the wires. It's a pain, but it can be done.

hes very right...pain in the ass and waste of time....why you running new speaker wire anyways???use the stock wires...

1995 Eclipse...Electronics Tech at your service...

LeakyMitsuMar-07-06 08:37 AM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
#12042, "RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors"
In response to Reply # 4

because my front right speaker wire has a break in it somewhere...i dont want to replace it, i have to replace it...and i figured if i were to do one side i should do the other. thanks for the ideas

bedlam32570Mar-08-06 04:58 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
1240 posts,
#12047, "RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors"
In response to Reply # 5

you can use the original speaker wire that runs through the rubber boot to pull through. That's what I did when I re-ran mine.

VOTBLINDUBMar-12-06 01:50 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#12066, "RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by LeakyMitsu
because my front right speaker wire has a break in it somewhere...i dont want to replace it, i have to replace it...and i figured if i were to do one side i should do the other. thanks for the ideas

tie the new wire to the old one and pull man

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12035 Previous topic | Next topic